Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to understand how this is even a choice. Does it even matter if the economy is good if everyone is DEAD?

This is the type of hysteria, and panic, that is not conducive to discourse.

Might the impact of empty grocery shelves be a worse threat than C19? THERE would be some real hysteria :)

Failed banks, riots in the streets, and a general anarchy reigning in the cities across America would be better than the death rate from C19? There would be some more REAL panic :)

It is my belief that the goal here is to test, monitor, address the viral outbreak, and also move to restore economic activity so as to avoid a collapse of the nation.

There is a balance necessary to keep the U.S. running.

Might the impact of empty grocery shelves be a worse threat than C19? THERE would be some real hysteria :)

Failed banks, riots in the streets, and a general anarchy reigning in the cities across America would be better than the death rate from C19? There would be some more REAL panic :)

It is my belief that the goal here is to test, monitor, address the viral outbreak, and also move to restore economic activity so as to avoid a collapse of the nation.

Unfortunately my friend there is very little testing going on. See attached....

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_105157.png
    IMG_20200323_105157.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 14
Indiana has a low rate because we are barely testing. You have to call and go through a questionaire and you will be told you're not eligible for testing. This has happened to a few of my friends who happen to be nurses.

We don't have enough PPEs even for medical professionals. We don't have enough tests to monitor the outbreak. I am very curious how we can restore economic activity under these conditions.

None of this actually has to happen, and is not happening in other civilized nations. Leadership is key. Which is why we need masks and ventilators made and distributed now, through the Defense Production act. Because if health care professionals die on the job and no one can get care, it will be very bad.

Indiana has a low rate because we are barely testing. You have to call and go through a questionaire and you will be told you're not eligible for testing. This has happened to a few of my friends who happen to be nurses.
Well, exactly. Low numbers are an illusion. They are not real. Yet they are being used by Trump to justify that people should be going back to work.

None of this actually has to happen, and is not happening in other civilized nations. Leadership is key. Which is why we need masks and ventilators made and distributed now, through the Defense Production act. Because if health care professionals die on the job and no one can get care, it will be very bad.
And we need PPE for regular citizens too, if they are to be out and about, but we don't even have enough for medical professionals.

I would have agreed with you a week or two ago. I didn’t want this to be as bad as it really is. :(

And yes, there is panic and hysteria causing empty shelves. I do agree with that. My post was extremely negative, but I think the president being in such denial put me over the edge. He needs to be realistic. Optimism is good and helpful, but denial can be catastrophic.

I dont think we have a clue what's going on in these other states based on the attached dismal testing....

Exactly Henry! There is a very high population of poverty with only a few good medical centers in my state. While the numbers don’t look too bad (only 1 has died, thank goodness) it would be disastrous on a personal level just to ignore the reality of what could happen without quality interventions.

Thank you for this post, it is my opinion also, but so many people get angry at me if I say what you just did. I am in my seventies, live in a senior community, and so many of the seniors are separated from their families and now have no social interaction. Hearing that this could go on for months, is not giving them hope, they are scared. Also they have been through a lot worse in the years they have been on this earth, and have not seen anything close to this.

My husband and I are forgetting what day it is and are trying to follow the rules about not going out, but we need mediation, we need groceries and like many seniors, the only way we can do this is go to the store, where the shelves are empty because of the panic being expressed through the media. My 88 year old neighbor has lived through wars and other pandemics, and as I stated, she has never seen a reaction like this.

Thank you for your post, it was very well written and expresses what many of my senior friends feel.

Thank you for this post, it is my opinion also, but so many people get angry at me if I say what you just did. I am in my seventies, live in a senior community, and so many of the seniors are separated from their families and now have no social interaction. Hearing that this could go on for months, is not giving them hope, they are scared. Also they have been through a lot worse in the years they have been on this earth, and have not seen anything close to this.

My husband and I are forgetting what day it is and are trying to follow the rules about not going out, but we need mediation, we need groceries and like many seniors, the only way we can do this is go to the store, where the shelves are empty because of the panic being expressed through the media. My 88 year old neighbor has lived through wars and other pandemics, and as I stated, she has never seen a reaction like this.

Thank you for your post, it was very well written and expresses what many of my senior

Thank you for your post, it was very well written and expresses what many of my senior friends feel.

Meant to add, with no social interaction, my friends and I are forgetting what day it is, we need social contact and activities to look forward to again, not in months, but in weeks. We want to see our grandchildren, our families and our friends again. Go out for breakfast at McDonald's, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but hopefully not months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1