Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?
POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?
POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

______

COVID-19 Coronavirus Memorial Thread
______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

We are putting together a forum for the virus. If you have any ideas for the categories to be included in the forum please send me a private message. Here is what I am thinking so far:
Each state will have its own thread. We will ask everyone to put in information about their state.
A general discussion where this thread and the past threads will be located.
A media thread of course.
Debunking all the kooky crap out there discussion.
Daily count of how many cases are being reported and how many deaths. We would have other countries included. This would be a no discussion thread too.
I have a few more ideas but I am open to anything.
Thanks.
Tricia

Let me clear something up. We will all be together on this thread discussing just like we are now. The other categories will be added so you all can access certain pieces of info more quickly.

MOD NOTE
A few things to help keep this vital discussion open and safe:

• This forum is NOT for debate. It is for the sharing of information and feelings. If someone’s feelings are not in line with yours, DO NOT DEBATE. It is not productive and it negates the purpose of the discussion here. STOP before you reply in anger to someone who posted something you do not agree with or like. REPORT it instead and Mods will determine how to handle it or whether it can stay. DO NOT DEBATE.
  • Discussing personal FB posts of ANY kind, yours included, is a violation of TOS. Apparently Facebook has had a technical glitch and numerous posts by many folks were deleted in error. THAT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD, and those posts talking about it will be deleted.
  • ANY of the above CAN be discussed in Private Messages. That is where these subjects belong.
This is an extremely difficult and challenging time for all of us. It is not uncommon for fear to manifest itself in anger. We can try our best to direct our fear and anger in ways that do not hurt others, but will still allow for venting anger because that is normal and healthy. We just need to try to keep the anger off the boards so that we can all manage our fear at such a time as this.

US TRAJECTORY OUTRUNNING CHINA AND ITALY, ALONG THE SAME PATH AS SPAIN AND FRANCE, ALTHOUGH OUTPACING THEM TOO.
IN A WEEK, US MAY BE IN A LAND OF ITS OWN.

Of course we are out pacing Italy, Spain and France, look at the population differences:

France = 66.81 Million
Italy = 60.80 Million
Spain = 46.42 Million

USA = 327.17 Million

What would concern me is if we pass China because they have 1.38 Billion people.

Something is very wrong with how we are handling this if we overtake China.

China (mainland) cases
Mar 25
Confirmed

United States cases
Mar 25
Confirmed

Last edited:
More than half recovered in Snohomish County Wa. That is good news.

COVID-19 Case Count Info | Snohomish Health District, WA
Case Count Last Updated: 2:05 p.m. 3/24/2020
Confirmed 614
Probable 31

Confirmed: positive test result. Probable: symptomatic close contact associated with a confirmed case.
As of March 13, the Snohomish Health District is no longer reporting suspect, pending or ruled out case numbers. As more commercial labs begin providing COVID-19 testing, the District no longer receives reports of all residents who are tested and awaiting results or who have tested negative.

Current Status
Last Updated: 2:05 p.m. 3/24/2020
Isolation (home or in long-term care) 5
Hospitalized 57
Recovered 316
Deceased 16
Under investigation 251

Amazon warehouse in Shepherdsville, Ky. hit with 3 COVID-19 cases

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – One of Amazon’s two massive e-commerce warehouses in Shepherdsville, Ky. closed Monday for a 48-hour break after three cases of COVID-19 were confirmed "at the site," according to a voicemail message sent to employees and obtained by WDRB.

In the message, the speaker identifies himself as Matt Greene, the general manager of the Shepherdsville warehouse known as SDF-9, and says the closure started at 5 p.m. Monday. Operations are to resume with the night shift scheduled for Wednesday, March 25.

Goldman Sachs says it is time to buy gold — the ‘currency of last resort’

"The current coronavirus-induced economic and financial market turmoil is seemingly the perfect environment for gold.

“We have long argued that gold is the currency of last resort, acting as a hedge against currency debasement when policy makers act to accommodate shocks such as the one being experienced now,” said analysts at Goldman Sachs led by Jeffrey Currie.

Yet while the yellow metal GC00, 0.735% has done far better than other assets, it has slipped 2% over the last month.:

The Goldman analysts, with a 12-month price target of $1800 an ounce, said that is about to change, thanks to the Federal Reserve’s aggressive bond purchase plan unveiled on Monday, in which the U.S. central bank said it would buy as many Treasurys and mortgage-backed securities as needed to keep financial markets running smoothly.....
In electronic trade on Tuesday, gold futures rose $97 an ounce."

Update from hubby and my restaurant in San Diego, Ca.
Today's sales, we're about 94% less then normal.
Mr. Kali is very upset. He's the one on the frontline.
8 hours a day, seeing almost no one come in.
We get it. If you're out of money, then Prego Sauce and spaghetti may be your meal for your family tonight.
*Only this week, for much of United States workers will reflect the payroll cuts due to lack of hours and layoffs.
Our payroll was normal Friday.
This Friday's payroll will be devastating to tens of millions of people.
Without an immediate, release of funds to the citizens of America, our world is going to turn upside down.
If these political games cause hunger for our families...
All hell will break loose.
Reporting from the frontline in Southern San Diego. Kali

USA = 327.17 Million

What would concern me is if we pass China because they have 1.38 Billion people.

China (mainland) cases
Mar 25
Confirmed

United States cases
Mar 25
Confirmed

I would say with 99.9999% certainty that the US will absolutely have more cases and more deaths than China. I would bet if we actually tested another 200-300k people between now and Friday, we already have more cases than they do.

The US isn’t going to handle it like China did, and I’m ok with that really, but it does mean accepting that more people will die.

Jackson Browne has COVID-19. I’m a huge fan, but he went to NYC a couple of weeks ago which was really dumb. He knows it and regrets going. I hope he’ll be OK.

The 71-year-old musician isn’t sure where he got it, but he suspected his recent trip to New York for the annual Love Rocks NYC benefit, which also featured Cyndi Lauper, Dave Matthews, Warren Haynes, Susan Tedeschi, and Derek Trucks, may have been the source. “So many people that have it aren’t going to be tested,” he says. “They don’t have symptoms, but they might have it and might be able to pass it on. That’s what younger readers need to understand: They need to take part in the global response to stop the spread. That means not going anywhere, not getting into contact with anybody, not seeing anybody.”

Jackson Browne Tests Positive for Coronavirus

BREAKING NEWS: Person in Kentucky tests positive after attending a 'coronavirus party' for people in their 20s in violation of mass gathering ban

Person in Kentucky tests positive after attending a coronavirus party for people in their 20s | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

I don’t have an eye roll hard enough for these bean brains...

New Jersey man charged with terroristic threat after coughing on supermarket employee and telling her that he had coronavirus - APP

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

We’ve had the same behaviour here - people coughing deliberately into the faces of supermarket staff, the police, the elderly. It makes me so angry.

I don't care whose fault this is..... The bills are paid for today and tomorrow. I got food and toilet paper for today and tomorrow. I got two vehicles with full tanks of gas. There ain't nobody shooting at me or trying to blow me up in years...... I am gonna go out doing my best to smile and set a good example for those around me........ It has been a good life and I'm gonna keep on enjoying it as long as I can.....I refuse to live in fear.......moo

I needed this!

I would say with 99.9999% certainty that the US will absolutely have more cases and more deaths than China. I would bet if we actually tested another 200-300k people between now and Friday, we already have more cases than they do.

The US isn’t going to handle it like China did, and I’m ok with that really, but it does mean accepting that more people will die.

I'm trying to think of what to say to your comment:

"The US isn’t going to handle it like China did, and I’m ok with that really, but it does mean accepting that more people will die. "

Anyone?

FORD WORKS WITH 3M, GE, UAW TO SPEED PRODUCTION OF RESPIRATORS FOR HEALTHCARE WORKERS, VENTILATORS FOR CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS

“This is such a critical time for America and the world. It is a time for action and cooperation. By coming together across multiple industries, we can make a real difference for people in need and for those on the front lines of this crisis,” said Bill Ford, Ford’s executive chairman. “At Ford, we feel a deep obligation to step up and contribute in times of need, just as we always have through the 117-year history of our company.”

Discussions have been intense over the last four days, officials said in a conference call. Ford engineers are playing a key role in the effort and using parts that are currently used in the bestselling F-150 pickup, the company said in a call.

Powered Air-Purifying Respirators

To go as fast as possible, the Ford and 3M teams have been resourcefully locating off-the-shelf parts like fans from the Ford F-150’s cooled seats for airflow, 3M HEPA air filters to filter airborne contaminants such as droplets that carry virus particles and portable tool battery packs to power these respirators for up to eight hours.

Ventilators

In addition, Ford and GE Healthcare are working together to expand production of a simplified version of GE Healthcare’s existing ventilator design to support patients with respiratory failure or difficulty breathing caused by COVID-19. These ventilators could be produced at a Ford manufacturing site in addition to a GE location.

Respirators and Face Shields

Ford’s U.S. design team also is quickly creating and starting to test transparent full-face shields for medical workers and first responders. The face shields fully block the face and eyes from accidental contact with liquids and when paired with N95 respirators can be a more effective way to limit potential exposure to coronavirus than N95 respirators alone.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...4/ford-3m-ge-uaw-respirators-ventilators.html

I will never accept more people will die. As you can see in the memorial thread the death toll numbers are people - men, women and teenagers with families who loved them and they should not have died. We should not be prepared to sit back and let more and more people die. It is time everybody raised hell with their governments about how this has been handled. It has been an absolute disaster in the U.S and the U.K and in other countries. Nobody should believe the horse manure we are being told that this will be over by Easter in the U.S and better in three weeks in the U.K because it wont.

Of course we are out pacing Italy, Spain and France, look at the population differences:

France = 66.81 Million
Italy = 60.80 Million
Spain = 46.42 Million

USA = 327.17 Million

China (mainland) cases
Mar 25
Confirmed

United States cases
Mar 25
Confirmed
Yes, if the experts and we believe China's figures. I'm not certain we'll ever really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli