Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?
POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?
POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

______

COVID-19 Coronavirus Memorial Thread
______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

______

Websleuth's main Coronavirus Forum

_______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Hey Everyone,

We are putting together a forum for the virus. If you have any ideas for the categories to be included in the forum please send me a private message. Here is what I am thinking so far:
Each state will have its own thread. We will ask everyone to put in information about their state.
A general discussion where this thread and the past threads will be located.
A media thread of course.
Debunking all the kooky crap out there discussion.
Daily count of how many cases are being reported and how many deaths. We would have other countries included. This would be a no discussion thread too.
I have a few more ideas but I am open to anything.
Thanks.
Tricia

Let me clear something up. We will all be together on this thread discussing just like we are now. The other categories will be added so you all can access certain pieces of info more quickly.

MOD NOTE
A few things to help keep this vital discussion open and safe:

• This forum is NOT for debate. It is for the sharing of information and feelings. If someone’s feelings are not in line with yours, DO NOT DEBATE. It is not productive and it negates the purpose of the discussion here. STOP before you reply in anger to someone who posted something you do not agree with or like. REPORT it instead and Mods will determine how to handle it or whether it can stay. DO NOT DEBATE.
  • Discussing personal FB posts of ANY kind, yours included, is a violation of TOS. Apparently Facebook has had a technical glitch and numerous posts by many folks were deleted in error. THAT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD, and those posts talking about it will be deleted.
  • ANY of the above CAN be discussed in Private Messages. That is where these subjects belong.
This is an extremely difficult and challenging time for all of us. It is not uncommon for fear to manifest itself in anger. We can try our best to direct our fear and anger in ways that do not hurt others, but will still allow for venting anger because that is normal and healthy. We just need to try to keep the anger off the boards so that we can all manage our fear at such a time as this.

ADMIN NOTE:

In case members aren't reading The Rules:

Do not politicize.
Do not discuss other members.
Do not discuss moderators or moderation (which can get members permanently banned).

BASHING WS ADMINISTRATORS and MODERATORS, and THEIR ACTIONS

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not allowed. Please utilize the board's Private Message function or email to contact staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Here are the Dos and Donts of addressing your concerns to moderators or administrators:

Do be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your ID has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your ID reinstated in many cases.

Do not be derogatory or insulting towards us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.

All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

Make sure you "Click to expand" the quoted Rule.

Just bear in mind you probably don't know the full and true story.

Do NOT respond to this post.

My regular morning check-in...
Good morning everyone!
On my gratitude list today - I got paid! We are a teeny small company and I had strong doubts about even the possibility of full payment this month, but there it is - resting for a brief shiny moment on my current account before it heads off to pay the bills.
Also on that list - this site and in particular, this thread. I live too much in my own head and it’s been so helpful to come here and brain-dump my anxieties every day. So, thank you everyone.
Finally for now - I am grateful for my Dad’s neighbours, who have been keeping an eye on him from a 6 - foot distance. He now has regular deliveries of fresh produce from a selection of people. And this gives me one less thing to worry about.

Stay safe today, everyone ❤️

'Some young people end up in intensive care': Health chief says *everyone* needs to social distance

(Ireland)

THE DEPARTMENT OF Health’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has advised people of all ages to follow official guidelines about Covid-19.

There have been numerous reports of people gathering in crowds and failing to adhere to social distancing (staying at least two metres away from other people) despite repeated warnings.

Speaking at the Department of Health’s daily coronavirus briefing, Holohan said this is “an ongoing challenge, not just for young people but in general if people perceive themselves as being at low risk to the outcome of the infection”.

Holohan warned that there have been many cases of young people needing to be hospitalised because of Covid-19 and, in some cases, dying.

A girl aged 16 died yesterday in France and she had no underlying health problems. It is alarming how many people under 50 are dying, some have no health problems at all.

It is absolutely heartbreaking posting all the victims young and old who have died in the memorial thread. This virus is ruthless and causing terrible devastation all over the world.

I just heard that CNN will hold a Joe Biden Coronavirus Pandemic Town Hall tonight on TV............ Opinion - I wish CNN would hold a Coronavirus Town Hall with gregjrichards, MassGuy, otto, Pommymommy, and margarita25. Now that one I would watch..........................moo

Last edited:
Last edited:
I want to share this post from MY friend, a teacher and colleague. My heart is broken for him. And for all of this.

This makes it very real.

“This morning my best friend, Josh, died from complications of Covid-19 in a hospital in New York City. My heart is broken. You might know that in nearly all things I compulsively look for the lesson, the deeper message, the bigger meaning. But for this, all meaning is absent. All I have is this...

Josh was my best friend. I never told him that, and he had so many friends I don’t know if he would have returned that title to me. And that’s okay. There was more than enough of Josh’s friendship to be shared. Me, on the other hand... the number of people I’ve allowed to get truly close in my lifetime can be counted on one hand. Most of them have dropped off along the way. Until now, Josh remained.

He was a guide for me in ways he didn’t realize. He reminded me how to have fun. He would be the first to roll his eyes and say, “Oh Lord” when I got too full of myself. In one of the darkest periods of my life I sobbed with my head in his lap, and then he took me to the bars, and we spent an entire weekend alternating between those two things. Josh was my best friend and was my family. Josh felt like home. Now Josh is gone.

Josh, I will miss you for the rest of my life.“

RIP Josh
:(
This is Josh. A crew member for Law & Order SUV (a sort of connection to our interests here in WS)

Mariska Hargitay Is 'Heartbroken' After Law & Order: SVU Crew Member Dies of Coronavirus at Age 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli