Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to a man in Texas who lives in Louisiana. His "take" was all this is media blown out of proportion. Still thinks the flu was more serious. What can you possibly say to someone who won't believe?
The same thing you would say to someone who believes man never landed on the moon, or that the earth is flat, or that Sandy Hook was a hoax.....

Duke researchers are decontaminating N95 masks so doctors can reuse them to treat coronavirus patients - CNN
[...]

Duke University researchers have developed a method to clean them so they can be safely re-worn.

[...]

Decontaminating requires special equipment in a closed facility to handle the hydrogen peroxide. But the process has already been carried out at Duke Health hospital complexes and can occur at other hospitals, too.

The team can clean up to 500 masks in one cycle, which takes over four hours. They're working to expand that capacity.

People around the country are sewing masks. And some
hospitals, facing dire shortage, welcome them

[...]

The masks tolerate the decontamination well, he said, so the process doesn't damage them or make them less effective.

[...]
That's great news. I'm speculating that they must be using ionized hydrogen peroxide (iHP) and fogging them. That way the masks aren't wet. MOO. Kudos to them.

Talked to a man in Texas who lives in Louisiana. His "take" was all this is media blown out of proportion. Still thinks the flu was more serious. What can you possibly say to someone who won't believe?
Good grief, I hope he was more than 6 feet from you.
I hear it too, I don't know if it's denial from something terribly frightening or just the lack of knowledge. But it's sad and IMO dangerous because those are the most likely candidates for not sanitizing and social distancing.

I hear it too, I don't know if it's denial from something terribly frightening or just the lack of knowledge. But it's sad and IMO dangerous because those are the most likely candidates for not sanitizing and social distancing.
Yes, we have people here who are loudly and proudly defying our state-wide “stay at home orders.” Some are business owners who say, “This is America and I will do what I wish” and others believe COVID is media hype or somehow politics. “Fake news” or whatever.

There are even churches open that have a hundred or hundreds of people at services, saying the government doesn’t have the right to force them to close.

Yes, we have people here who are loudly and proudly defying our state-wide “stay at home orders.” Some are business owners who say, “This is America and I will do what I wish” and others believe COVID is media hype or somehow politics. “Fake news” or whatever.

There are even churches open that have a hundred or hundreds of people at services, saying the government doesn’t have the right to force them to close.
:eek: Well, I hope they all stay well. But that's sad IMO.

I know I posted this before, but it is a good example of enforcement when a business refuses to shut down under order. This bar/restaurant was boarded up by law enforcement after they were conducting business as usual, 40 customers were dining there, even eating from a buffet:

Cincinnati bar boarded up after violating statewide order meant to curb coronavirus spread

The virus has mutated, it was never really under control, all new infections are from travellers, there's a second wave?
Do you have a source for this? I am reading contradictory information, and want real facts on the possible mutations. I have heard the second wave is likely to be minor.

INDIANA

St. Joseph County announces first coronavirus death
[...]

The patient, a man in his 80s, had multiple underlying medical conditions.

According to Dr. Mark Fox, the man died on Monday. He had been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia.

The man was tested for coronavirus on March 16, and the results came back on March 26.

[...]
After this dies down... I really am thinking of escaping back to NH or ME before a second wave hits. We don't know yet...but rural just seems so much more comforting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli