Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be strange if the virus had some sort of survival instinct and hid in order to survive. For example, it could hide in the liver or kidneys before attacking the lungs, or hide on the plastic grocery bag for 3 days. It lives on cardboard for 24 hours, plastic and metal for 72 hours.

Is this an intelligent virus? Does a virus want to survive? Does a virus look for a host? When a virus is near a moist warm nasal passage, does it get excited? When the virus enters a host, does it sit quiet until it is strong enough to attack and kill a host? Is a virus driven to kill a host even though it means self-destruction?
With such strict guidelines in Japan and South Korea...and now, again seeing drastic spikes up? Something is happening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/28/coronavirus-latest-news/
With more than 104,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus, the United States has become the epicenter of the pandemic. Now, after signing a sweeping $2 trillion coronavirus spending package into law, President Trump issued an order late Friday night that permits the Pentagon to bring former U.S. troops and members of the National Guard and Reserve back to active duty to augment forces already involved in the military’s response to the outbreak.

The executive order allows Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper to order units and former active-duty and reserve service members, who are commonly considered out of the military and rarely recalled, chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Rath Hoffman said in a statement released just after midnight on Saturday morning.

[...]

GERMANY

Coronavirus live updates: Pandemic upends daily life worldwide - CNN
The number of coronavirus cases in Germany rose by nearly 15% in the last 24 hours after 6,294 new cases were reported, according to official numbers released Saturday by the Robert Koch Institute, the country’s infectious disease and control center.

Germany now has a total of 48,582 confirmed coronavirus cases and 325 deaths.

[...]

The rate of new cases appears to be slowing in New York, but the governor says it may take 21 days for the state to hit its peak -- the highest point of reported cases before that number begins going down.

Meanwhile, officials in other states are warning they could be next. In Los Angeles County, cases more than tripled in six days and one official says numbers will keep going up. Health Director Barbara Ferrer says she expects to see case counts in Los Angeles double every four days for the next two to three weeks.

"No matter where you are, this is coming to you," Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Thursday. "Take all the measures you can now to make sure people are home."

[...]

GERMANY

The number of coronavirus cases in Germany rose by nearly 15% in the last 24 hours after 6,294 new cases were reported, according to official numbers released Saturday by the Robert Koch Institute, the country’s infectious disease and control center.

Germany now has a total of 48,582 confirmed coronavirus cases and 325 deaths.

It's 53,000 in Germany, and deaths are still low. They are doing something right.

[...]

The rate of new cases appears to be slowing in New York, but the governor says it may take 21 days for the state to hit its peak -- the highest point of reported cases before that number begins going down.

Meanwhile, officials in other states are warning they could be next. In Los Angeles County, cases more than tripled in six days and one official says numbers will keep going up. Health Director Barbara Ferrer says she expects to see case counts in Los Angeles double every four days for the next two to three weeks.

"No matter where you are, this is coming to you," Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Thursday. "Take all the measures you can now to make sure people are home."

[...]

New York cases are slowing? On what is that based?

I am amazed at how many people are still not taking this seriously. For example, two of my Uncles (just told my Dad I’m glad I got the one with the brains lol), one is mid-70s with serious underlying problems and the other is 85 years old. Both are choosing to go out every day to the supermarket, to the newsagent, to the local park. Both walk there and back, both feel this is a storm in a teacup and it’ll be over in a few weeks. Younger brother even asked my Dad last night, ‘so we’ll see you and CeeCeeCat for lunch in May?’
I have one word to say and that word is GAH.
Stay home, stay safe, save lives. It’s really not that hard...

The crackdown may get tougher

UK's coronavirus crackdown may get tougher as people continue to ignore lockdown | Daily Mail Online

I hope it does. I’m in a very rural part of the U.K. and I’ve never seen so many people traipsing past my house.
In fact until this lockdown happened I’ve never seen walkers. Only hunters and metal detectorists.
thank you! I’ve been thinking the same. Normally we don’t see a soul for months here. It’s unnerving sitting in the garden and suddenly hearing people talking. I moved here because I don’t like people!
That must be weird. Reminiscent of the blitz. "Head for the Hills" is certainly a trend that will keep the virus spreading. It is happening here in the States--people everywhere are getting so mad seeing all the New York and New Jersey licence plates

MAINE

Press / News Release | Maine DHHS
The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC) today reported the first death of an individual who had tested positive for the disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The individual was a man in his 80s from Cumberland County. ...

[...]

Governor Mills will join Dr. Nirav D. Shah, Director of the Maine CDC, for a news conference at 11:30 a.m. today at the Maine Emergency Management Agency, 45 Commerce Drive, Suite 2, Augusta.

[...]

That must be weird. Reminiscent of the blitz. "Head for the Hills" is certainly a trend that will keep the virus spreading. It is happening here in the States--people everywhere are getting so mad seeing all the New York and New Jersey licence plates
Not liking people is a "good thing" these days. We like you though.

INDIANA

St. Joseph County announces first coronavirus death
[...]

The patient, a man in his 80s, had multiple underlying medical conditions.

According to Dr. Mark Fox, the man died on Monday. He had been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia.

The man was tested for coronavirus on March 16, and the results came back on March 26.

[...]

I am amazed at how many people are still not taking this seriously.
Stay home, stay safe, save lives. It’s really not that hard...

Talked to a man in Texas who lives in Louisiana. His "take" was all this is media blown out of proportion. Still thinks the flu was more serious. What can you possibly say to someone who won't believe?

For real??? Will things really get this bad? Guns and ammo sales soar.

"... it appears to be driven by worries that the spread of coronavirus -- and the food and toilet paper hoarding it has occasioned -- across the United States will lead to some sort of broader societal breakdown in which people will be required to defend themselves and their families from ravaging hordes."

Gun and ammo sales have gone through the roof amid coronavirus - CNNPolitics

It's 53,000 in Germany, and deaths are still low. They are doing something right.
The numbers depend on the source and cut off dates or time when the reports are published. They also had a backlog of cases count, which are now finally included. I am watching 3 different sources and the good thing is, the trends on all are alike even if some figures differ at a certain point of time.
It seems the numbers are still not peaked, but the beginning was not so harsh and the cases not so advanced, so the medical system was able to cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member