Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this news media, propublical.
That is worrisome to me. There's enough fake news flying around.
Please everyone, let's check our sources.
Before posting what could be a rumor. Tia

I look into papers/ppl that write articles that I question.I looked into this propublica, one of the ppl that funds it is non other then george soros. That’s all I need to see to know that I won’t read it or trust it.

Yes, the projection looks optimistic. From your link, SC is anticipating that cases will double at a rate of about every two weeks, which is a lot slower than elsewhere in the US. If SC's projection lined up more closely with the other states, they will have 8053 by Easter rather than by the end of April.

There was a link early this evening that Folly Beach, SC is open for business. If that's the case, SC is two weeks out from community transfer and outbreak.

Funny world where we are afraid of our groceries.

The crackdown may get tougher

UK's coronavirus crackdown may get tougher as people continue to ignore lockdown | Daily Mail Online

I hope it does. I’m in a very rural part of the U.K. and I’ve never seen so many people traipsing past my house.
In fact until this lockdown happened I’ve never seen walkers. Only hunters and metal detectorists.
Posting the link again, yours looks a bit cryptical above, so if someone is uneasy to check
UK's coronavirus crackdown may get tougher as people continue to ignore lockdown | Daily Mail Online

Reading the article i got the thought, since when all the Brits got so into sports?! ;-)

MrDarling went for a run this morning, he went earlier than usual, so he does not pass too many people. But as we can watch the popular running route from home, i do see well behaved people, no groups, keeping distances etc. I hope that my town can keep up this way for some more time!

Last edited:
Fighting erupts at Chinese bridge between Hubei, Jiangxi provinces

Fighting erupts at Chinese bridge between Hubei, Jiangxi provinces

When Jiangxi police blocked people leaving Hubei, Hubei police fought back.

On Twitter, Chinese-Australian dissident and artist Badiucao said Friday the conflict "started due to police from different provinces fighting for jurisdiction on checking #COVID19."

Canada did not close the border. It was a mutual decision.
“We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our northern border with Canada to nonessential traffic. Trade will not be affected,” Trump tweeted, adding more details would follow. Mar 18th 2020

Canada closed borders to all but Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, and people from the USA. Canadians were so up in arms that the next epicentre was exempt from the closed borders that the PM told Trump that the borders have to be closed until the USA can control the outbreak - flatten the curve. It happened overnight, people from USA and all other countries sent home at the border. Only Canadians are allowed in Canada. That was not a Trump decision.

Canada closed the border to the USA except for supply chain.

Good morning!
Working from home whole week, i do not have a feeling of weekend today. I had problems to be motivated to work remotely, some topics on my to do list felt so unimportant in comparison with our world problems.
I will have a look on my balcony today, clean up, check all my plants and maybe put up some more seeds. Planting some seeds and see them grow is influencing me so much, like a positive sign, that new things are rising.

It's Saturday - disconnect.

Posting the link again, yours looks a bit cryptical above, so if someone is uneasy to check

Reading the article i got the thought, since when all the Brits got so into sports?! ;-)

MrDarling went for a run this morning, he went earlier than usual, so he does not pass too many people. But as we can watch the popular running route from home, i do see well behaved people, no groups, keeping distances etc. I hope that my town can keep up this way for some more time!

thank you! I’ve been thinking the same. Normally we don’t see a soul for months here. It’s unnerving sitting in the garden and suddenly hearing people talking. I moved here because I don’t like people!

Based on population alone, you may be right that India will be the next hotspot. However, India was protecting its borders with care that we didn't see here.

A friend returning to India wrote this to me last week:

"Landed Bangalore at 10:30 . Quick temp check and immigration . All of us then were seated and a doctor explained that we should pick up our bags and we would be taken to a test Centre . We were then driven in a coach for 20 min to a hospital where again very systematically we filled a form and were interviewed by 2 doctors . Basically questions on health and travel history . Post which they categorized as home quarantine - a stamp on our wrist . If one was category a or b they’re subjected to next round. We were then Sent home . The whole process took 90 minutes . Courteous efficient and respectful. Hats off to the authorities . I’ve seen the mess that returning Americans have been subjected to and this was easy . "

USA is the next hot spot, the next global epicentre after China (Wuhan) and Italy (Lombardy) is the USA. Who cares where it starts, although it looks like Washington State.

I thought that India would be the next hotspot, but that isn't the case at this time. Has the pneumonia death rate in India increased despite absence of virus testing?

Just be thankful you aren't stuck in Vietnam.

Okay... please stop the north america country ping-pong asap!

I do have some limited rights on this forum, but i can still close the thread until cleanup. Please do not force me to do this!

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. At the drive in, one might get more than he ordered. Same with delivery, noone knows what might be delivered.
If a friend sends me take out, I’m going to assume he expects to inherit my TP or horse & is coyly attempting to kill me.
This made me lol. :p

Murderer Friend: Enjoy this Corona casserole!
Trudie: Are you trying to kill me?
Murderer friend: No! It’s not what it looks like.
Trudie: It looks like you’re trying to kill me.
Murderer friend: Then it is what it looks like.

Canada closed borders to all but Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, and people from the USA. Canadians were so up in arms that the next epicentre was exempt from the closed borders that the PM told Trump that the borders have to be closed until the USA can control the outbreak - flatten the curve. It happened overnight, people from USA and all other countries sent home at the border. Only Canadians are allowed in Canada. That was not a Trump decision.

Canada closed the border to the USA except for supply chain.

Coronavirus response: US and Canada closing world's longest border to non-essential traffic, Trump and Trudeau say
Coronavirus response: US and Canada closing world’s longest border to non-essential traffic, Trump and Trudeau say
Canada’s prime minister Justin Trudeau, at a press conference in Ottawa, said “I just spoke to President Trump again this morning, and we have agreed that both Canada and the United States will temporarily restrict all non-essential travel across the Canada-U.S. border.”

“Travelers will no longer be permitted to cross the border for recreation and tourism. In both our countries, we’re encouraging people to stay home,” Trudeau said.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued Emergency Use Authorization for a new coronavirus test that takes just 15 minutes to complete.

The test's maker, Abbott, announced the news Friday evening in a press release, saying it plans to start delivering 50,000 tests per day starting next week.

FDA authorizes 15-minute coronavirus test

Coronavirus: Falkland Islands brace for first COVID-19 case

Concern is growing on the Falkland Islands that their first cases of coronavirus could be confirmed this week.

A child is critically ill with suspected COVID-19 and is being treated at a small hospital in Stanley, the capital of the British overseas territory in the South Atlantic.

Coronavirus in Scotland - Stay at home this weekend plea - BBC News

Summary
  1. The number of coronavirus patients who have died in Scotland stands at 33
  2. Stay at home pleas as Scotland enters its first weekend under "lockdown"
  3. Scotland's chief medical officers warns more than 65,000 people could have Covid-19
  4. Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf say prisoners nearing the end of their sentence may be released early next week

How fast is the coronavirus growing in the UK?

How the UK’s coronavirus epidemic compares to other countries

Deaths and confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK have been doubling every three days, and on Friday the country experienced its biggest increase in deaths so far.

Models of the epidemic give very different estimates of its potential final death toll, from tens of thousands to one published on Friday that projected a figure of below 7,000.

So how to make sense of the projections, and what do the patterns of coronavirus deaths in other countries tell us about what could come next in the UK?

Coronavirus: Falkland Islands brace for first COVID-19 case

Concern is growing on the Falkland Islands that their first cases of coronavirus could be confirmed this week.

A child is critically ill with suspected COVID-19 and is being treated at a small hospital in Stanley, the capital of the British overseas territory in the South Atlantic.

Not good to read, they let some cruise ships transport passengers fly home from there. This is such a small community. But good to read the offer from Argentina!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli