Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Healthcare workers in New York City are being told to keep returning to work, even if they have tested positive for the coronavirus, as the city's hospitals battle against the worst outbreak in the United States with 23,112 infections and 365 deaths as of early Friday morning.

Doctors exposed to coronavirus are told that they should CONTINUE working | Daily Mail Online

#StayHomeSaveLives

I wish the healthcare workers could go on strike until they get the protection equipment they need. Nobody should be needlessly dying because of a lack of equipment at their work. It is inexcusable.

HOWARD FORMAN

"When I look at the nightmarish #Covid19 numbers coming out of
#NewJersey (pop 8.9 M), I am reminded that they are testing well.
#Massachusetts (6.9M) is better, still;
#Connecticut (3.6M) remains a laggard in testin
g (per capita).
Can't emerge from this without #Testing" (((Howard Forman))) on Twitter
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_083442.jpg
    IMG_20200327_083442.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200327_083434.jpg
    IMG_20200327_083434.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200327_083429.jpg
    IMG_20200327_083429.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200327_083423.jpg
    IMG_20200327_083423.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
@Snoods I have to run out for bread, I hope I can get it at a convenient store. I’m afraid with kids out of school for a few weeks now, more are carrying & shedding the virus.
I almost think they’d be better off in school, of course teachers & bus drivers would not, so there’s that.

@Darling136 your little store sounds lovely.

21-year-old who posted about not social distancing gets coronavirus

Ireland Tate joked about not following instructions to stay home and practice social distancing amid the pandemic just days before she fell sick.

In a social media video, the Nashville resident told her followers that she’s “aware that we’re supposed to be self-quarantining and social distancing” to “keep everyone safe” — but that she wasn’t worried.

“Cool. I get it. I just don’t think that I’m going to get the virus,” Tate said in the video.

But just days later, Tate found herself suffering from symptoms associated with the dangerous bug and tested positive.

“It feels like someone is sitting on my chest at all times,” she said. “It’s really hard to breathe. I’ve coughed until my throat has bled.”

Tate said she likely got the virus from a pal in her group of friends and she’s now warning other young people to stay home.

“While it may not be affecting you, you could be affecting someone’s grandma or grandpa or aunt or uncle or sister,” Tate said.

Musk "donating hundreds of ventilators to New York City and State"

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said early Friday that Tesla boss Elon Musk was "donating hundreds of ventilators to New York City and State, including our public hospitals."

In a tweet, de Blasio said Musk had made the pledge in a phone call Friday evening, for which the mayor said he was "deeply grateful. We need every ventilator we can get our hands on these next few weeks to save lives."

Coronavirus updates: U.K. leader tests positive as U.S. states seek help

President Trump, however, said Thursday that he didn't believe the state needed the 30,000 ventilators Governor Andrew Cuomo has requested.

I feel so sorry for him, he already has an incredible weight on his shoulders right now plus his partner is pregnant. I hope he keeps well, makes a speedy recovery and that his family and everyone around him stay safe.

I as well. Daughter had planned to get pregnant this year, She is having second thoughts not knowing the outcome. She reminded me of the zika virus.

Norway predicts 2% economic slowdown this year

Norway’s government now predicts its gross domestic product excluding oil will contract by 2% this year as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, a sharper drop than the 1% contraction it expected last week. The forecast is based on the assumption that the urgent situation in Norway and other countries remains for the coming two months, and that growth thereafter gradually returns to the normal, the government said in a white paper.

Coronavirus live updates: UK's Boris Johnson tests positive, mall staple retailers announce massive furloughs

Hungary announces two-week lockdown

Hungary has become the latest country to announce a two-week lockdown to curb the spread of COVID-19. Prime Minister Viktor Orban said via public radio that while citizens must maintain social distancing, they would be able to go to work, shop and take limited exercise outdoors, starting Saturday. Orban said people can still go outside, but they cannot be in a group. Hungarian police will enforce compliance with the rules and apply fines, if needed.

Coronavirus live updates: UK's Boris Johnson tests positive, mall staple retailers announce massive furloughs

Mark Zuckerberg, Priscilla Chan and Bill Gates to fund $25M coronavirus research group

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan are stepping up to help battle the coronavirus pandemic through their charitable group, The Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative. They announced plans to partner with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, "contributing $25 million with Gates and others" to begin exploring possible COVID-19 treatments.

Chan explained that the collective's goal will be "to fund a group to screen all the drugs that we know have potential effects against coronavirus."

Coronavirus updates: U.K. leader tests positive as U.S. states seek help

Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri
The station encourages fast food lovers in its Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri listening area to consider paying for the order of the car behind them when going through a drive-through to "pay it forward."

Today, the station puts a spin on the concept in response to struggles induced by the spread of the coronavirus. For those who want to help during this time but are limited by social distancing guidelines, KLRC invites the community to participate in Delivery Difference Day.

Delivery Difference Day encourages people to call a local restaurant and arrange to send a meal to someone they know working harder and longer hours due to the outbreak -- medical professionals, retail store associates, first responders -- anyone who is working diligently to ensure supplies and care are maintained during this stressful time.

The hope is that Delivery Difference Day will brighten someone's day and encourage those on the front lines, while also supporting local restaurants.

"One of our core values at KLRC is to care for our community," Sean Sawatzky, KLRC general manager, said in a press release Wednesday. "We've been entrusted with a great platform and megaphone to promote ways that we come together during these difficult days. Our plan is to communicate new ideas each Friday to encourage a different segment of the population in positive ways."

Those who participate in Delivery Difference Day can share their story on the KLRC mobile app, call 800-909-KLRC, send KLRC a message on Facebook, or email via the contact page on klrc.com. The station shares these helpful tips for serving others through the initiative:

• Choose a friend or family you know who could use some encouragement or who is working for the benefit of others.

• Pick out a local business to support that is offering delivery or curbside pickup services.

• Today, place an order for a meal and have it delivered directly (don't forget a tip for the delivery driver) or pick it up and deliver to the home porch or workplace.

• Finally, in the notes on the order, leave a quick note sharing that you're participating in Delivery Difference Day and let them know they are appreciated.
Radio Station Encourages Delivering Food, Kindness Today

Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri
The station encourages fast food lovers in its Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri listening area to consider paying for the order of the car behind them when going through a drive-through to "pay it forward."

Today, the station puts a spin on the concept in response to struggles induced by the spread of the coronavirus. For those who want to help during this time but are limited by social distancing guidelines, KLRC invites the community to participate in Delivery Difference Day.

Delivery Difference Day encourages people to call a local restaurant and arrange to send a meal to someone they know working harder and longer hours due to the outbreak -- medical professionals, retail store associates, first responders -- anyone who is working diligently to ensure supplies and care are maintained during this stressful time.

The hope is that Delivery Difference Day will brighten someone's day and encourage those on the front lines, while also supporting local restaurants.

"One of our core values at KLRC is to care for our community," Sean Sawatzky, KLRC general manager, said in a press release Wednesday. "We've been entrusted with a great platform and megaphone to promote ways that we come together during these difficult days. Our plan is to communicate new ideas each Friday to encourage a different segment of the population in positive ways."

Those who participate in Delivery Difference Day can share their story on the KLRC mobile app, call 800-909-KLRC, send KLRC a message on Facebook, or email via the contact page on klrc.com. The station shares these helpful tips for serving others through the initiative:

• Choose a friend or family you know who could use some encouragement or who is working for the benefit of others.

• Pick out a local business to support that is offering delivery or curbside pickup services.

• Today, place an order for a meal and have it delivered directly (don't forget a tip for the delivery driver) or pick it up and deliver to the home porch or workplace.

• Finally, in the notes on the order, leave a quick note sharing that you're participating in Delivery Difference Day and let them know they are appreciated.
Radio Station Encourages Delivering Food, Kindness Today
Maybe they should encourage people to eat at home! Moo. How anyone thinks a drive in employee is immune leaves me SMH.
Employee at Leeds Sonic Drive-In tests positive for COVID-19
Employee at Leeds Sonic Drive-In tests positive for COVID-19

NEW ORLEANS

New Orleans being neglected once again. Of the 5,000 ventilators requested from the federal stockpile, "the state has received zero." #RememberKatrina #COVID19 State moving beds into convention center this weekend to prep for looming overflow of coronavirus patients
Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Those numbers kept New Orleans on a trajectory to run out of ventilators by the first week in April, and to run out of hospital beds for patients by April 8th-10th, Edwards said.
“This isn’t conjecture,” Edwards said. “This isn’t some flimsy theory. This isn’t a scare tactic. This is what’s going to happen.”
The governor also said he requested 5,000 ventilators from the federal stockpile, but the state has received zero. Meanwhile, he got 92 of a 100-ventilator request and hoped to land another 100 in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025