Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think the Task Force combined with FEMA has a disaster plan in place?

That article linked, had a 'spin' on it, making it appear as if it was 'revenge.' That's the problem with some msm articles. Too much spin involved, imo.
Some of the MSM headlines I've read are flat out lies.

When I read the article it's clear that they decided to sensationalize the headline to get people to click and read their story.

JMO

Last edited:
I try to take a walk every day just to get out of the house, today when I looked out the window there were people congregated in the street, kids riding on bikes and playing tag. I had never seen that many people in the 10 years they have lived here.
It was crazy.
I will wait and go early tomorrow morning.

The state shut down all self-serve beverages.

I just received word that ShopRite shut down their deli departments.
I heard some large box stores might close their deli/bakery. Probably a wise move since the attendant must hand the product to the patron or place it on stainless steel. Sure isn’t due to a lack of biz, imo.

Omg! In my area LE breaks up clusters. Are you under curfew? Not you, but your ‘hood? We have one for minors.
I try to take a walk every day just to get out of the house, today when I looked out the window there were people congregated in the street, kids riding on bikes and playing tag. I had never seen that many people in the 10 years they have lived here.
It was crazy.
I will wait and go early tomorrow morning.

They aren't lying - they believe that's what helped them. But they need to know a few other things before stating their situation as fact. Many many people are getting better with no Rx drugs at all. Many are remaining at home, unstudied, undoctored - and getting well.

So...would each of these people (who took the drug) have gotten better on their own? How would they know this? They cannot run an experiment and we have no control groups (nor would it be humane to have control groups right now).
Right.

But can we compare patients , who stayed home, with no care, and recovered, to patients who were in treatment in a hospital, on a ventilator, and getting worse?

It seems like the control groups would have to be ALL of one group or the other. And that won't work.

Careful of your mixture. You need to be 60% or higher. Many people are doing the 1/3 aloe gel and 2/3 isopropyl alcohol but that's the formula when using 99.9% isopropyl alcohol. The aloe gel has to be adjusted down when mixed with lower concentrations of alcohol.
I plan on using it as a spray disinfectant.

When this is over, we are all going to KALI's for celebration food. Never been to San Diego but have heard great things about it. On a side note, Philip Rivers is from my Rednecktown.
Yep, an NFL quarterback is from Redneckville, AL.

On a side note, I am out of Lysol. Where do I find it?? Not at Walmart, not at Amazon.

There was an early an early China documentary where medical workers were freaking the heck out.
I seem to remember one young lady crying and screaming I can’t take it anymore...I also seem to recall a young male worker very upset about all the bodies in plain view...
Saw it on PBS a couple weeks ago, tried to share with family but couldn’t find it again.
Was a frightening look into this horror

FDA authorizes 15-minute coronavirus test

Federal health officials on Friday green-lit a point-of-care coronavirus test that can provide results in less than 15 minutes, using the same technology that powers some rapid flu tests.

Teased by Vice President Mike Pence in a Thursday press briefing, the new diagnostic could accelerate testing in the United States, allowing for rapid results in doctors’ offices. But shortages of critical equipment used to collect patient specimens, such as masks and swabs, could blunt its impact.

The US Food and Drug Administration authorized the test for emergency use, signaling that federal regulators were satisfied with the test’s validation data and believe its benefits outweigh any risks, such as false positives or negatives.

The test’s maker, Abbott, said it expects to deliver 50,000 tests per day beginning next week. The technology behind the test looks for genes that are present in the virus, similar to PCR tests already on the market.

The platform used to run the test weighs less than 7 pounds, according to Abbott, and could be deployed “where testing is needed most,” such as at coronavirus hotspots.

When this is over, we are all going to KALI's for celebration food. Never been to San Diego but have heard great things about it. On a side note, Philip Rivers is from my Rednecktown.
Yep, an NFL quarterback is from Redneckville, AL.
Sounds good. We have been to San Diego and it has one of the best climates. Friends we visited as well in Poway.

FDA authorizes 15-minute coronavirus test

Federal health officials on Friday green-lit a point-of-care coronavirus test that can provide results in less than 15 minutes, using the same technology that powers some rapid flu tests.

Teased by Vice President Mike Pence in a Thursday press briefing, the new diagnostic could accelerate testing in the United States, allowing for rapid results in doctors’ offices. But shortages of critical equipment used to collect patient specimens, such as masks and swabs, could blunt its impact.

The US Food and Drug Administration authorized the test for emergency use, signaling that federal regulators were satisfied with the test’s validation data and believe its benefits outweigh any risks, such as false positives or negatives.

The test’s maker, Abbott, said it expects to deliver 50,000 tests per day beginning next week. The technology behind the test looks for genes that are present in the virus, similar to PCR tests already on the market.

The platform used to run the test weighs less than 7 pounds, according to Abbott, and could be deployed “where testing is needed most,” such as at coronavirus hotspots.

Not quite enough for me to break out my (one) bottle of champagne, but boy is this good news! As long as it's using PCR properly, I'm very psyched now. I may even sleep better tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18