Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ILLINOIS

CHICAGO (WGN) — An infant in Illinois who tested positive for coronavirus has died, Gov. Pritzker announced on Saturday.

The child, who lived in Cook County, is the first known infant death in the United States due to COVID-19.

The state now has 3,491 COVID-19 cases and 47 deaths after the governor announced 465 new cases of the virus Saturday. 13 more deaths were announced, including an infant and a state worker.

During his update, Gov. Pritzker reiterated that experts have told him that mortality risk among children with COVID-19 is very low.

The governor also announced that McCormick Place will be used as the state’s first field hospital.

The number of confirmed coronavirus infections worldwide topped 600,000 on Saturday.

Infant dies of coronavirus in Illinois, a first in US

Mary Ellen Klas
@MaryEllenKlas
· 1h
GovRonDeSantis decided to violate the state's public meeting laws and chose to exclude the @MiamiHerald and @TB_Times from a media briefing at the Capitol. He was so determined to keep us out, he had an FDLE vehicle pick up TV reporter Mike Vasilinda to give him back door access
Apparently he didn't care for this headline yesterday. I thought it was brilliant.

Coronavirus is killing us in Florida, Gov. DeSantis. Act like you give a damn | Editorial

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/editorials/article241403236.html

Doing great here. Love seeing your posts. Hang in there. I trust there will still be another trial or two for us. No way that dang virus will get us down. Just stay safe, my friend.
You to Chelly. Love your posts as well. Yep we are both doing well physically and mentally. It's going to feel good when we can just go out for a drive.

SOUTH CAROLINA

SC's emergency declaration order for #coronavirus outbreak expires today. Gov. @henrymcmaster plans to issue another order today after speaking w/ Senate and House leadership, his office says. State law says governor needs legislative approval to extend declarations past 15 days. Andy Shain on Twitter
Andy Shain on Twitter

Dohhh! Doc T just said on Wednesday’s Presser “the time to act was one and two months ago” and “squandered that window of opportunity..”.(but there’s still hope)

Source / Wednesday Briefing;
Press briefings

—Re: “squandered that window of opportunity”, that’s exactly what I said quote unquote verbatim yesterday.

I really wish WHO provided transcripts for these Q and A portions.

They do. What day would you like.

I thought so too, until I read this in the article:

Former smokers recover 30% of their lung function just two weeks after quitting.

“Any ex-smoker can tell you how, just days after quitting, they were noticeably less out of breath after walking up a flight of stairs. Personally, I have heard hundreds of these stories,” he writes in draft remarks.
This is probably true but take it from a former smoker ( I quit 15 years ago), I was diagnosed with COPD several years after quitting. My lungs were already damaged. Not all smokers get COPD but many do not know they have COPD until years after they quit. Of course it is a good time to quit since this virus is a respiratory illness, but I can't see how this will be effective in slowing the spread of the virus.

ILLINOIS

CHICAGO (WGN) — An infant in Illinois who tested positive for coronavirus has died, Gov. Pritzker announced on Saturday.

The child, who lived in Cook County, is the first known infant death in the United States due to COVID-19.

The state now has 3,491 COVID-19 cases and 47 deaths after the governor announced 465 new cases of the virus Saturday. 13 more deaths were announced, including an infant and a state worker.

During his update, Gov. Pritzker reiterated that experts have told him that mortality risk among children with COVID-19 is very low.

The governor also announced that McCormick Place will be used as the state’s first field hospital.

The number of confirmed coronavirus infections worldwide topped 600,000 on Saturday.

Personally, I believe there were children among the dead in China (not many per capita). They just didn't want any further panic.

Heartbreaking.

ILLINOIS

Wow, what kind of mean virus are we dealing with here?
Saddest news of the day.
RIP little baby

This is probably true but take it from a former smoker ( I quit 15 years ago), I was diagnosed with COPD several years after quitting. My lungs were already damaged. Not all smokers get COPD but many do not know they have COPD until years after they quit. Of course it is a good time to quit since this virus is a respiratory illness, but I can't see how this will be effective in slowing the spread of the virus.

Maybe not the spread, but death would be slowed if all smokers quit. They would all gain a better stance vis a vis death.

I thought so too, until I read this in the article:

Former smokers recover 30% of their lung function just two weeks after quitting.

“Any ex-smoker can tell you how, just days after quitting, they were noticeably less out of breath after walking up a flight of stairs. Personally, I have heard hundreds of these stories,” he writes in draft remarks.
Not sure the added stress and nicotine cravings would help the situation.

Coronavirus confirmed in seven Alabama nursing homes

WOW, these poor Nursing Home residents don't stand a chance. I have no words but fear for them.

I heard a lot of the aides (forgive me for not knowing title) to the nurses have quit showing up at local nursing homes. Many are staffed by LPNs with a habit of sho I gotta their work load off to the aides, so they always had openings.
A friend’s daughter walked off her NA job last week, she was ordered to provide a service she was never trained nor legally certified to do. She’s in nursing school & would like to live long enough to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper