Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC

"Potential slowdown in NYC after the stay at home order? Maybe a slight change in slope, but unclear from just a few days if true trend — more likely it’s due to new #COVID19 test rule by @nycHealthy that restricts testing to hospitalized patients & HCW. We need community tests!" Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter
Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_161436.jpg
    IMG_20200328_161436.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4
WATCH WHAT THEY DO NOT WHAT THEY SAY

"2 weeks ago, @realDonaldTrump promised drive-thru #COVID19 testing sites where people could be tested “very safely, quickly and conveniently.”
Target, Walgreens, Walmart and CVS have a combined 26,400 US stores.
*Only 5* drive-thru sites are open."
https://t.co/lyZvwEilf8
Dr. Dena Grayson on Twitter
So five sites were set up in the last 2 weeks? I imagine it will speed up soon.

How much time would we expect that might take, to organise, get proper permits and permissions and equipment and staff and set up these drive-thru testing sites?

Is two weeks an exorbitant about of time ?

I wonder how many people, who were previously counting on cigarette delivery, future trips, etc are now suddenly flooding stores to go buy cigs after hearing this. This is what just happened in Colorado - Within minutes of the Gov’s announcement to make liquor stores and pot dispensaries non-essential businesses, people suddenly started rushing out and crowding stores, so they reversed that decision as quickly as they implemented it, a few hours iirc moo.
I see the health reasons to the ban but to do this might not be the best answer to solve a problem. What about heavy people maybe should lose weight or go on from there... Not trying to point out anyone for issues as we all just want the same thing to get through this. We don't need to be treated like school children that have recess permission and so forth. My opinions

So five sites were set up in the last 2 weeks? I imagine it will speed up soon.

How much time would we expect that might take, to organise, get proper permits and permissions and equipment and staff and set up these drive-thru testing sites?

Is two weeks an exorbitant about of time ?
In a pandemic that will begin to peak in a week in specific locations....yes

Thanks so much. We are good. Day 9 since exposure and no symptoms. I am being paid until April 4th and we all received a bonus. I took the 30 day optional lay off effective April 4th. I think it's time to retire, when my 30 days are up I wont be going back to work. I had been pondering it anyway and this just sealed the deal.
Hey @Bravo , my trial-watching buddy. Following your health-status. Keep us updated. Sending good vibrations. Hugs. Chelly.

SOUTH CAROLINA......

SC first responders work endless hours answering the call of duty, but it’s more than emergency calls that have them concerned.
A state worker’s comp law that SC firefighters say will not protect first responders who may come down with COVID-19.
SC first responders risk getting COVID19 and unable to receive workers comp

ABC News 4 on Twitter

END OF ARTICLE:
"In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, the South Carolina legislation is in recess; however, Representative Fry is optimistic something will get done."
Yeah...right....

CANT SAY IM SURPRISED......

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says his conversation with Pres. Trump
covered arrival of USNS Comfort and additional hospital sites, but no suggestion of enforceable quarantine: "I didn't speak to him about any quarantine... I don't even know what that means." Coronavirus live updates: Trump considers enforceable quarantine in NY, NJ; 200 US cities lack face masks ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

Wow, I am starting to think like Cuomo. I didn't know what it meant either.

In a pandemic that will begin to peak in a week in specific locations....yes
But the pandemic itself also makes other things take much longer to set up. We have massive problems with supply chains, access to necessary products and ppe's, staffing, etc etc.

We can't snap our fingers and make all of these big things happen in the bureaucracy we rely upon.

That's one of the main reasons I am not a fan of BIG government. They are slow and burdensome.

We need strong local and state governments. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member