Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if the other flu strains are showing a reduction in cases due to people being way more careful. I hope so.

I hope so too and that may be one of the few positive things that results from all of this.

Hopefully some of our changed behaviors to keep ourselves germ free will have long term positive effects to prevent other normal communicable illnesses.

I am jealous of your mowing or weed picking lol! We have snow, 34 degrees with snow again on Thursday, Friday. Might be gone in May. I can't wait to see a weed, ha! Saw a few cute snowmen around town though. Near cities are filling sandbags for future flooding. I was one of the residents during the 1997, 100 year flood that was quite a scare. Got through that but not sure if this is worse. Take care everyone, remember to spread some kindness to someone in need. Try to think of all the good things in your life today!

I do agree the disclosed numbers are not accurate in most country's including our own at least in the beginning. Thank goodness people took it on their own to get tests and go to private testing.
I absolutely believe Chinas numbers are way higher, as @Henry2326 said watch what they do not what they say, it is very telling. Jmo

ETA I wonder how many Chinese people died in the name of quarantine, welded in their homes or taken away forcefully...I cannot imagine what that would be like. Crematorys working 24/7 for weeks on end. I have read articles about this and will find links....for now jmo

The ice skating rink in Madrid that they were using as a morgue is already full. New York has ?how many? refrigerated trailers as morgues.

Sweden on the other hand is just in denial or ??

View attachment 240664

I've read more than once a doctor saying the more humidity in the air, the quicker the virus drops to the ground. Consider it JMO until I can find a link.

Could the summer bring an end to COVID-19? | Live Science

When you have low humidity in the wintertime, that sphere of moisture tends to evaporate, which "means that the virus can hover in the air for a longer period of time because gravity won't pull it to the ground," Schaffner said. But in the summer, when you exhale a viral particle, the surrounding droplet doesn't evaporate, which means it will be heavier and gravity will pull it out of the air much more readily. In other words, "it doesn't hover as long as it does in the winter," making it less likely to infect the person close by, he said.

Thanks! Good point. Makes me ponder. The old "hot water" humidifiers do big droplets, yet the cold water ones do droplet sizes of less than 4.2 microns and one claims "The smaller the droplet size, the longer it can stay air borne. Therefore, the smaller the droplet size the fastest and efficient evaporation is achieved. The 4.2 micron droplets created by Smart Fog® systems evaporate completely into the air before reaching any surface. Smart Fog® has achieved 100% evaporation rate, achieving 100% water efficiency. SMART FOG IS A FOG THAT DOES NOT MOISTEN THE EXPOSED SURFACES"

In a list published earlier this month, China’s National Health Commission recommended a number of treatments for the symptoms of the virus, including both traditional Chinese and Western remedies.

China promotes bear bile as coronavirus cure

The treatment is an injection called Tan Re Qing (TRQ), which is a traditional Chinese medicine formula. In addition to bear bile powder, the injection uses goat horn and dried fruit.

That is horrendous using bear bile powder it is horrific and extremely cruel for the bears.

True.
And sadly, some are too sick to be able to advise their contact list. One good thing about staying home is that the contacts are considerably limited, making it easier for most people to follow protocol.
But say I have drinks with @zecats & @Bravo, then learn I’m positive. So, I notify both Z & B, they then need to notify their contacts...and on & on. Somewhere in the chain of unlimited notifications, many do not care, do not believe or intend to keep on keepin’ on, so they do not inform their circle. I think many are so afraid of quarantining at home, they are willing to risk getting Covid. We have a beautiful day here, I know many men would be on the golf course if they could, much preferring golf over a day at home with wife/kids & a honey do list.

New York’s Governor Cuomo thanked the National Guard members at Javits Convention Center who have labored all week to construct the temporary 1,000-bed hospital site.

“You are living a moment in history. This is a moment they are going to write about and talk about for generations … This is a moment that will change character. And ten years from now you’ll be talking about today with your children and grandchildren, and you will shed a tear when you remember the ones lost … But you will also be proud of what you did. You’ll be proud that you showed up when other people played it safe,” Cuomo said.

He added, “I say we go out there today and we kick coronavirus’ *advertiser censored*!”

Cuomo: 1,000-bed coronavirus hospital coming to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

The 2020 Census is happening now. You can respond online, by phone, or by mail.

The time is now. Help shape your future, and your community's future, by responding to the 2020 Census.

Most households received their invitation to respond to the 2020 Census between March 12 – 20. These official Census Bureau mailings will include detailed information and a Census ID for completing the Census online.

2020 Census | United States Census Bureau

Governor Murphy's briefing today, he reminded everyone to complete the US Census

Last edited:
True.

But say I have drinks with @zecats & @Bravo, then learn I’m positive. So, I notify both Z & B, they then need to notify their contacts...and on & on. Somewhere in the chain of unlimited notifications, many do not care, do not believe or intend to keep on keepin’ on, so they do not inform their circle. I think many are so afraid of quarantining at home, they are willing to risk getting Covid. We have a beautiful day here, I know many men would be on the golf course if they could, much preferring golf over a day at home with wife/kids & a honey do list.

Yes, it's all very difficult. From what I understand, and @Bravo can correct me, is that in Canada, if you test positive, then the Public Health Unit will contact you, find out who you have been in contact with, and then contact those people and so on. I don't think that they leave it up to the individual to do the contacts. But at some point, as the case numbers explode, I wonder if they will be able to do the work to keep up. It's labour intensive to make all the calls and follow up by calling back. I don't know how many calls @Bravo will receive. Maybe she can keep us posted about the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper