Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MISSOURI.....ridiculous response from hospital IMO....

Nurses don't want to be part of the problem, they want to be part of the solution,” the nurse told News 4.

She says she bought N-95 masks with her own money so she didn't jeopardize the hospital's supply. She doesn't work with coronavirus patients but wanted protection for her and her co-workers because people not showing symptoms can spread the virus.

"I walked into work with my mask on and my boss said I had to take it off. I told her I would not take it off or I would quit,” the nurse said. “It was for my safety, my coworkers safety, my patient's safety."

So she resigned and she says officials with the hospital told her to leave without a two-week notice.

"I really found it shocking that for me to protect myself during a pandemic that they would let a nurse walk out the door," the nurse said.

St. Mary's said the following to News 4:

"We believe there is no basis in fact to the allegations that nursing leaders have directed nurses to work in an unsafe manner. We do currently have restrictions on hospital staff supplying their own PPE as we cannot guarantee that personal PPE is up to CDC standards and has been properly sterilized. "

Local nurse resigns after being told she can't wear a mask around patients

If you have a moment read my link, it explains the “contact tracing” & why my state is no longer using it, as well as the guidelines a positive person is supposed to adhere to, but we know many do not.
The way I see it, we’ve all had it, have been exposed or will get it. Jmo
Idk where people are going today, but my road is pretty busy. Wmt, TSC, mcD? Lol.
Yes, it's all very difficult. From what I understand, and @Bravo can correct me, is that in Canada, if you test positive, then the Public Health Unit will contact you, find out who you have been in contact with, and then contact those people and so on. I don't think that they leave it up to the individual to do the contacts. But at some point, as the case numbers explode, I wonder if they will be able to do the work to keep up. It's labour intensive to make all the calls and follow up by calling back. I don't know how many calls @Bravo will receive. Maybe she can keep us posted about the process.

We have a beautiful day here, I know many men would be on the golf course if they could, much preferring golf over a day at home with wife/kids & a honey do list.

There was a comment somewhere that the divorce rate may be going up after this crisis as people are forced to spent time together.

Btw. nope, i did not wear gloves, but after reading the note i did thoroughly washed my hands! The musicians announced singing, but have not delivered any today. I will report ;-)

More from link::

In a press release Tuesday afternoon, public health department spokesman Kevin Hall said “recent cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Lexington came from a small party in which a person without symptoms unknowingly spread it to others. This is why it is important for everyone – whether they’re sick, symptomatic or seemingly fine – to follow the public health guidelines by staying home.”

The public health shift in contact tracing is part of a broader department shift from a “containment” phase to a “mitigation” phase, Humbaugh said. “We need to switch our strategy somewhat from trying to contain, to trying to slow the spread.”

Previously, if public health officials discerned, for example, 10 people had direct contact with someone positively diagnosed with COVID-19, each of those 10 would sign a written electronic agreement with the Lexington-Fayette County health department to self-quarantine at home for 14 days. Part of that included acknowledging, too, that, “I am a possible source of infection of a communicable disease,” according to a copy of the agreement.

Those actually infected who aren’t sick enough to be hospitalized sign a separate agreement, agreeing to self-isolate at home, acknowledging that they are a carrier who will cause spread of the disease. Leaving their home, “would create a serious risk and injury to the health of those individuals with whom I come into contact with, as well as the public at large,” according to a copy of that agreement.

Neither the infected nor exposed are allowed to leave Lexington while they’re being monitored, and they’re not allowed to ride in an ambulance or public transportation without public health staff permission.

Going forward, those who’ve had direct contact with an infected person are still required to self-quarantine with monitoring by public health staff, but since initiation of that process won’t fall to trained epidemiologists diligently tracking people down through contact tracing, but to the infected person, there are bound to be oversights.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241467326.html#storylink=cpy

Trying to explain the low case fatality rate in Germany, [Christian Drosten, director of virology at Berlin’s Charite Hospital, whose lab devised the coronavirus test that was later ordered by the World Health Organisation] told reporters in Berlin recently that a dense network of independent labs across Germany was able to start administering the tests in large numbers in January when the first few scattered cases appeared in the country.

He added that Germany was able to distribute tests to labs and doctors across the country to help them better track the virus. “Other countries lost a month or more because of that,” he said, noting that other national labs often have testing monopolies.

“We also had some advance warning in Germany and were able to better prepare,” said Christoph Specht, a doctor and leading medical expert for the NTV news channel.

Germany benefited from an early warning in February with the rapid spread of the disease in Italy. That gave authorities a head start on ramping up the all-important tests and bracing the country for ever-tighter restrictions. The rules limiting and later banning most public gatherings were in general more widely accepted and respected in Germany.

Why does Italy have a much higher coronavirus death toll than Germany?

Yes, it's all very difficult. From what I understand, and @Bravo can correct me, is that in Canada, if you test positive, then the Public Health Unit will contact you, find out who you have been in contact with, and then contact those people and so on. I don't think that they leave it up to the individual to do the contacts. But at some point, as the case numbers explode, I wonder if they will be able to do the work to keep up. It's labour intensive to make all the calls and follow up by calling back. I don't know how many calls @Bravo will receive. Maybe she can keep us posted about the process.
Yes folks here in Ont. were given results by Health Unit. We were easy to trace due to nature of our work. I was able to give them all our names and numbers. The Health Unit called each and we were screened for our own contacts. I was easy as I had no physical contact with anyone other than Husband beyond work.My MIL was from her back deck and us in the yard. I'm not sure what they did with others and their contacts. Good question. I know many I spoke with prior were being very careful and following guidelines.

@JaneEyre .....:);):D

Feds should consider telling people to wear masks in areas of epidemic spread
. But supply chain for hospitals is crushed. All resources must go to providers. In the interim - for consumers who don't already have masks - CDC can fashion proposal on how people make cotton masks.
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter
I’m hitting it hard today, but doing it in shifts because my back aches. I intend to make some for my high risk friends as well.

Lol, a divorce lawyer was on TMZ last night, maybe promoting her NV law firm? (Hey, I’m here when ya need me.). I know a few that won’t make it thru if this lasts. They are happily married as long as they are both with work & biz trips, but at home together after 2-3 days, look out!
There was a comment somewhere that the divorce rate may be going up after this crisis as people are forced to spent time together.

Btw. nope, i did not wear gloves, but after reading the note i did thoroughly washed my hands! The musicians announced singing, but have not delivered any today. I will report ;-)

That is horrendous using bear bile powder it is horrific and extremely cruel for the bears.

A lot of ancient cultures have developed traditional medicines that have some ingredients that surprise us, Native Americans, First Nations in Canada, Tibetans, and many others. It is often the older generation that keeps these things going, the younger generations use modern medicine and these traditions are dying out. I think the National Health organization is trying to balance the best of traditional medicine with the best of modern medicine. China is extremely advanced in modern medicine, and most young people are not interested in the ancient medical cures, but you can still find traditional medicine shops, both in China and here in the U.S.

I actually think that the divorce rate will go down. Divorce is really a "luxury item", if you think about it. It requires the financial ability to maintain two separate households.

A lot of families just are not going to have that type of income now. That doesn't mean that they will be happy. Just resigned to the new reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper