Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently she was still in store shopping, correct? I hope her order is complete so she doesn’t give up on online shopping, lol.
Years ago I got my now 86 year old mom interested in FaceBook. She loves it. Then I convinced her to finally replace her old desktop computer with an iMac/laptop, complete with lessons from me and Apple. She's a whizz now and just yesterday was telling me how proud she was of herself for figuring out how to order her groceries online. I'm more than grateful I pushed her out of her comfort zone back then.

I noticed that (although nearby Carson is hit as hard, but is not ritzy in the least).

I think it's because all of those people are popping by Cedars Sinai or calling their personal physicians and getting tested. Somehow, the rich are always able to get tested for things. I know Cedars has quite a few test kits.

Either that or they were as social as they usually are and got it that way. All over SoCal, regular people are still having birthday parties and bounce houses have been sighted.

In Santa Barbara, people are being diagnosed with CoVid without a test (the old-fashioned way, by doctors who believe they have a clear idea of the cluster of symptoms) and not being given a test (therefore not appearing in the official stats). I think that's happening in my city, too. But apparently the wealthy are wanting to be tested (I don't want to waste a test if I don't have severe symptoms, frankly).

You can search Olson mask on YouTube for a tutorial. I have tweaked the pattern a bit to make sure it fits everyone. And I also added a top stitch around the top and bottom of the mask so it holds its shape better when washed. Some people are also adding a bit of interfacing as a filter and to hold its shape.

What is the interfacing made of?

Malaysian ministry apologises for 'avoid nagging' lockdown tips
"Malaysia’s government has apologised after its advice for women to wear makeup and not nag their husbands during the coronavirus lockdown sparked anger and mockery online."
------------------------------------------------
" A government-run helpline in Malaysia for vulnerable people, including those affected by domestic abuse, has reported a more than 50% increase in calls since the lockdown began on 18 March, local media reported."

Recently she was still in store shopping, correct? I hope her order is complete so she doesn’t give up on online shopping, lol.
She hasn't been store shopping in 2 weeks. She had trouble with her first delivery- some items were missing (unavailable) and she was charged. But she figured out how to get reimbursed. Her second order just yesterday was easier and she learned how to interact with the "shopper." I forbade her to go out period. I'll take her stuff from my stash if necessary (which I have already btw).

They have ample space to isolate.
I noticed that (although nearby Carson is hit as hard, but is not ritzy in the least).

I think it's because all of those people are popping by Cedars Sinai or calling their personal physicians and getting tested. Somehow, the rich are always able to get tested for things. I know Cedars has quite a few test kits.

Either that or they were as social as they usually are and got it that way. All over SoCal, regular people are still having birthday parties and bounce houses have been sighted.

In Santa Barbara, people are being diagnosed with CoVid without a test (the old-fashioned way, by doctors who believe they have a clear idea of the cluster of symptoms) and not being given a test (therefore not appearing in the official stats). I think that's happening in my city, too. But apparently the wealthy are wanting to be tested (I don't want to waste a test if I don't have severe symptoms, frankly).

With much of today's discussion about masks. I decided to go check my supplies.
I found 10 N95 masks, and 25 other masks.
I've always been a mini prepper (grandma went through the great depression and taught me a lot about it), plus we currently live in fire and earthquake country.
If either of us end up in hospital, we'll bring our own masks.

Re: recent loss of appetite.
Anyone think maybe the urge to eat is diminished in order to avoid a trip to the store? Why eat today what you can eat tomorrow? Or, a fear of running out of food?

I crave my low carb cake in a cup every night! It's sort of a must have right now. Probably right about fear of running out of food, makes sense.

What is the interfacing made of?
It’s like a web of polyester. You can get anything from lightweight to heavyweight. While it’s probably not waterproof, it’s water resistant.

I’ve asked Tricia to start a mask making thread. I’ll post the different patterns our community is using for the hospitals, as well as the feedback we are getting from nurses regarding personal preferences. I’m trying to make variations to suit various needs.

I’ll also explain how to make ties from scratch in that thread as well, as some people don’t like the elastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper