Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaysian ministry apologises for 'avoid nagging' lockdown tips
"Malaysia’s government has apologised after its advice for women to wear makeup and not nag their husbands during the coronavirus lockdown sparked anger and mockery online."
------------------------------------------------
" A government-run helpline in Malaysia for vulnerable people, including those affected by domestic abuse, has reported a more than 50% increase in calls since the lockdown began on 18 March, local media reported."
Asshats

Hobby Lobby quietly reopened stores in at least 2 states, defying coronavirus-related shutdowns and prompting police intervention

Is "Hobby Lobby" an "essential business"? The stores in Montana are still open.

Not to just use Hobby Lobby as an example, because Joann's and Michaels craft stores are also open in Montana. Looks like the Sheriff might get serious soon..
Lewis & Clark County to step up enforcement of stay-home order
Some of their supplies are essential for mask making, but most is not and it becomes more of a gathering place.

UPDATED Coronavirus round-up: the retail response to Covid-19
INDUSTRY06 Mar 202011:16by Chloe Rigby

Europe_Fotolia_109902060_Subscription_Monthly_M_Main.jpg

116 people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the UK, and one person has died. The official update shows that 18,083 people had been tested, with 17,968 negative tests, as of 9am today.

Snip

We’ll add new updates to this piece during Friday and start a new story on

Insights platform Contentsquare analysed more than 1,400 websites 1.8bn anonymised user sessions and 50m transactions in its data set in order to learn how shoppers are buying, and how that behaviour is changing over time.

It found that over the last two weeks – comparing the beginning of the period to the end – premium online grocery purchases have grown by 20%, while shoppers have spent 26% more time on grocery websites. Customers are buying more healthcare products (+27%), perhaps as shoppers look for ways to protect themselves. But they are spending less on travel planning websites (-20%). It also found that while sales of underwear, lingerie and sex toys were rising (+35%), sales of sports equipment were down by almost a third (-28%).

Remote Notarization Due to State of Emergency (as of 3/25/20) – Cooper Levenson Blog
@Alethea this is a good thing, imo.
Our Gov’ touched on this earlier, a lot of people need to get wills & such updated.

We’ve been following this closely- they’re letting you notarize remotely but so far wills still require 2 in-person witnesses which obviously can’t happen now. I know the NY Bar Association has said they are working on emergency legislation in Albany to try to get emergency relief passed.

The only upside to this whole disaster may be the legal industry coming into the 21st century! Why *can’t* you video-notarize everyday?!

Hobby Lobby quietly reopened stores in at least 2 states, defying coronavirus-related shutdowns and prompting police intervention

Is "Hobby Lobby" an "essential business"? The stores in Montana are still open.

Not to just use Hobby Lobby as an example, because Joann's and Michaels craft stores are also open in Montana. Looks like the Sheriff might get serious soon..
Lewis & Clark County to step up enforcement of stay-home order

The one near me got a visit from the friendly County Health Department yesterday.

We’ve been following this closely- they’re letting you notarize remotely but so far wills still require 2 in-person witnesses which obviously can’t happen now. I know the NY Bar Association has said they are working on emergency legislation in Albany to try to get emergency relief passed.

The only upside to this whole disaster may be the legal industry coming into the 21st century! Why *can’t* you video-notarize everyday?!
I’m trying to find the quote from our Gov‘ (previous attorney), he mentioned needing to contact the bar. Dang phone call came in during his presser.

Coronavirus in Worcester: FEMA trucks arrive at DCU Center as facility transforms into Massachusetts’ first medical field station
“We think [the coronavirus] peak is in about two weeks, but we’ll start to hit full capacity for all of our hospital beds that exist in Worcester, probably in a week to a week and a half from now,” said Dr. Eric Dickson, the president and CEO of UMass Memorial Health Care.

The 50,000 square feet of convention area within the facility will allow for an additional 250 hospital beds to help Worcester’s hospitals deal with the surge. Gov. Charlie Baker, citing recent models, said the worst of the outbreak is expected to hit Massachusetts between April 7 and April 17.
Much more at link

Jackpot! I opened the trunk of second car I seldom drive. I recalled buying a bag of grass seed, when I couldn’t locate it, it dawned on me it was probably still in the car. It was. Along with a 12 pack. No, not beer, 12 rolls of Charmin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper