Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't always believe the news is telling the exact truth, instead they're cherry picking sound bites to push their agenda. Case in point on whether President Trump will send ventilators overseas, and not give them to the US first, he said:

"we have other companies that are doing ventilators, including General Motors. But we have nine other companies doing ventilators. As we outpace what we need, we’re going to be sending them to Italy. We’re going to be sending them to France. We’re going to be sending them to Spain, where they have tremendous problems, and other countries as we — as we can. But the fact that we’re doing so many so quickly is a tribute to our great companies".

Remarks by President Trump and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in a Press Briefing | The White House

I don't really care what CNN or Vanity Fair says, when I can get the official transcript and read it for myself.

MOO
From your link, the official transcript of the presser:
"And we’re also sending things that we don’t need to other parts. I just spoke to the Prime Minister of Italy, and we have additional capacity. We have additional product that we don’t need. We’re going to be sending approximately 100 million dollars’ worth of things — of surgical and medical and hospital things to Italy. And Giuseppe was very, very happy — I will tell you that. They’re having a very hard time."
------------------------------------
Citizens even lacking a sewing machine are making masks to help out medical staff and old folks' homes, nurses are wearing garbage bags due to lack of PPE, we are way behind in testing compared even to S Korea, I wonder which product he is talking about that "we don't need".

Interesting, as my notes from presser said that with some of the early mitigation, it could be up to 250,000. With the shut down of schools and distancing they could get it down in different models to 80,000 to 160, 000. But then they could get it down even more to 20,000 in imperial model when they took consideration of shutting down longer and testing when they open back up. Those are the numbers I have. In my notes. And then Tony ended with we don't change the biology the virus, we deny its opportunity to transmit. I don't have a link, but it was from my physical handwritten notes I took during Sunday's presser I believe it was. Or perhaps it was yesterday's.

I don't always believe the news is telling the exact truth, instead they're cherry picking sound bites to push their agenda. Case in point on whether President Trump will send ventilators overseas, and not give them to the US first, he said:

"we have other companies that are doing ventilators, including General Motors. But we have nine other companies doing ventilators. As we outpace what we need, we’re going to be sending them to Italy. We’re going to be sending them to France. We’re going to be sending them to Spain, where they have tremendous problems, and other countries as we — as we can. But the fact that we’re doing so many so quickly is a tribute to our great companies".

Remarks by President Trump and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in a Press Briefing | The White House

I don't really care what CNN or Vanity Fair says, when I can get the official transcript and read it for myself.

MOO

The press briefing is available, but there are so many. I do think that was more than a week ago. He was trying to boast about how productive we are and establish a negotiating stance. I think.

At any rate, there's no evidence that we did in fact ship anything out of the country. My own personal fantasy is that while the masks exist, we might not know where they are, exactly. Maybe there are in 100 different depots. Maybe they've already been sold by various government workers. Where I live, it's a major problem that military supplies "leak" into the local population. There was a recent case involving this, but I can't remember the name of the perps (SoCal area military bases).

If those masks exist, no one seems to know how to deploy them, and as a government employee myself (teacher) that doesn't surprise me at all. Bureaucracy is a nightmare and don't get me started.

I didn't realize that stores were going to that extent to enforce the "essential items." My trip to Wal-Mart last week, I started to buy my Grandson some underwear, is that essential, lol?

I guess part of the reason for that might be that the fewer items people are taking to the checkout (essentials only) helps to reduce the number of people in store at one time and keep the queues/lines moving so that fewer people are crowded together outside waiting to get in?

I think if you can get some items delivered online that will help right now, and hopefully there are plenty of opportunities to get clothing delivered?

Before, when the outbreak was more limited to China, I saw articles saying that clothing retailers thought no one would be buying clothes for quite a while. And I think the priorities in clothing might change, maybe more utilitarian purchases than 'height of fashion' purchases. But people under stay-at-home orders are going to need new clothes due to losing or gaining weight, kids aren't going to stop growing and needing new clothes.

We’ve been following this closely- they’re letting you notarize remotely but so far wills still require 2 in-person witnesses which obviously can’t happen now. I know the NY Bar Association has said they are working on emergency legislation in Albany to try to get emergency relief passed.

The only upside to this whole disaster may be the legal industry coming into the 21st century! Why *can’t* you video-notarize everyday?!

I’m still waiting for my George Jetson “ drone delivery in this day and age...... i mean, come on now Bezos already......geeeesh ......hello.... 2020 calling..... Jeff, can you hear me now ?

I was listening to AC360, one reporter said he felt PT was much dif today, more scared. Interesting, when I fed my horse, my neighbor drove past, he asked me about our state PC, I said “Frankly, this is the first time gov’ exhibited fear.”

Ok, if you read further in that document, they mean tea towels, not terry dish towels. Terry dish towels are a bad idea! Tea towels are a very tight weight heavy cotton.

Is tea towel material similar to flour sack material? Ive bought those at Walmart before for iron on designs. I might still have some up in my stash.

Governors plead for medical equipment from federal stockpile plagued by shortages and confusion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...aadda0-728d-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

"Governors and state officials have become increasingly frustrated by what they describe as a byzantine and unsteady process for distributing medical supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile. As they try to combat a worsening pandemic, several have complained about chaos and disarray within the system and a lack of guidance about how they can secure lifesaving supplies, according to interviews and documents from officials in more than a dozen states. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member