Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I have a hot flash I’m like “OMG is it a fever?” :eek:

To those who have posted about not feeling well, being possibly exposed, or have tested positive, please let us know how you’re doing physically and mentally.

Why would SS recipients need the $$? Stimulate the economy. Doesn't matter how it's spent.
Our SS checks definitely do not cover all of our monthly bills, nor were they ever intended to. Most, including us, view our montly SS income as hard-earned dollars that we were forced to send to our federal govt, for many years. We will never live long enough to receive the amounts we put in. Part-time jobs have supplemented the income we need, plus drawing on our retirement funds as needed. Like everyone else's, we've lost a tremendous amount in those accounts that we are probably too old to ever recoup. It's all quite frightening, if truth be told. ( on top of the health worries)

Why would SS recipients need the $$? Stimulate the economy. Doesn't matter how it's spent.
Our SS checks definitely do not cover all of our monthly bills, nor were they ever intended to. Most, including us, view our monthly SS income as hard-earned dollars that we were forced to send to our federal govt, for many years. We will never live long enough to receive the amounts we put in. Part-time jobs have supplemented the income we need, plus drawing on our retirement funds as needed. Like everyone else's, we've lost a tremendous amount in those accounts that we are probably too old to ever recoup. It's all quite frightening, if truth be told. ( on top of the health worries)

It seems we hear lots of frightening news, more and more everyday. This news gives me great HOPE. Hang on everybody.

'Pandemic' scientist says his team has discovered potential cure for COVID-19

"…His team in the Bay Area has been working around the clock trying to come up with a drug to treat COVID-19. Monday he announced he believes they've found one."

"We are happy to announce we have completed the engineering and we have some very potent antibodies that can be effective against the virus," said Dr. Glanville."

and this--

"We took a series of five antibodies from around 2002 that were able to neutralize SARS. We were able to use technology in our laboratories to evolve those antibodies against SARS to adapt them to recognize COVID-19."

"We tried with five different antibodies because we weren’t sure which one would work the best. All five worked so we have a pretty powerful tool chest available to us right now to produce a final therapeutic."

I was so happy to read this today. Dr Glanville’s research to create a “universal” flu vaccine was one of the stories featured in “Pandemic” and we felt we got to know him through the six episodes. He ended up getting a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation so he could head toward human trials, after getting promising results from adorable little piggies in Guatamala. He’s the real deal.

US emergency room doctor dies after coronavirus symptoms

““I hope he is the first of only a few emergency physicians to die, but if Italy and China are any guide, unless our government steps up and gets us the protective equipment we need he will be the first of many of my colleagues to succumb to COVID-19.”

Dr. Alvaro Alban, the chairman of the Emergency Department at East Orange General Hospital, told NBC News that Gabrin was “delightful, caring and wonderful work with.”

“He had every intention to help. He was eager to keep working in the E.D. and was disappointed when he started to get symptoms. His intention was that his fever would break. Dr. Gabrin was motivated, on a mission and wanted to keep working," Alban said in a statement to the outlet.“

:(

RIP Dr. Gabrin

Great post. Thank you.

It is not a gimmick, at all. My pulmonologist required me to have one and use it.

EVERY doctor, every EMT/paramedic uses one , first thing, when they see their patient It is used to quickly check their ability to get oxygen into their lungs

Haven't you ever been asked to put your pointer finger into the little device, and it shows numbers within seconds? Your blood oxygen level and your pulse rate will show up.

Mine saved my life when I had an acute asthma attack during the Cali wildfires. I checked mine in the middle of the night, and it usually reads 96 to 98%. That night I was in the 80's and needed an ambulance. Was in the hospital for 4 nights.

The Doctor used the Oximeter to help decide when my lungs were strong enough for me to be released. It's not a gimmick, at all.

What is a pulse oximeter and how is it being used during the COVID-19 pandemic?

GYW4L4TNHZFPJHDJOWCFDTYS4Q.jpg

I think we need a coronavirus wall of shame. I love this store but if and when it reopens "legally"next time, I will never shop there again.

Hobby Lobby agrees to close Ohio stores after cease-and-desist letter

I'm also getting really tired of people having home remodeling parties and standing in line for paint at Home Depot. The grocery store parking lots are emptier than the Home Depot lot! That's not why the store was left open. They are essential in case plumbing, electric or heat break in your home!
I don't know if it's so bad that people are remodelling or painting right now. I think it stimulates the economy, which we sorely need right now. And it aids in mental and emotional health, for people to be able to do something productive with their time. And it is better than playing online poker or any number of other time wasters. JMO

Passing on some important information regarding mortgage payments.

Many mortgage company's are allowing the payor the option of skipping the next three months of mortgage payments. The three months will just be added at the end of the mortgage. No fees or penalties.

The deferral is not automatic, you need to call your mortgage holder to arrange it. I'd suggest calling your mortgage holder to see if it is available to you.

Bank of America will let customers defer mortgage payments - CNN

ACEP Mourns Loss of First Emergency Physician to COVID-19

““We are deeply saddened to learn that a former ACEP member and our current colleague on the frontlines—an emergency physician—has lost his fight against this virus. Emergency physicians understand that sometimes in our efforts to save your life, we may end up sacrificing our own. This is not a decision made lightly or a post abandoned in times of need. We know the risks of the job we signed up for, but we are on the frontlines in this historic war against COVID-19 with insufficient protection.

There are dire shortages of personal protective equipment (PPE) in emergency departments across the country, and despite efforts to ramp up production, we do not see significant relief in the near future. America can’t afford for more emergency physicians and other frontline health care providers to get sick or worse due to PPE shortages.

In times of loss, emergency physicians take what’s called ‘the pause,’ a moment shared between health professionals meant to halt the fast pace of emergency medicine and provide a chance to reflect. The pause gives everyone a chance to honor the significance of the day’s work and the solemn responsibility of holding a life in your hands. This is never easy. It is especially difficult when the loss is one of your own, part of your family. Tonight, we pause and invite you to join us.

We recognize that the stress of living and working in this environment is without precedent and can be difficult to manage. This evening at 8 PM EST, while many of you are safe at home, please stand with emergency care teams and take the pause in honor of a life lost on the frontlines. And remember, you can do your part to help emergency physicians by staying home and take the appropriate steps to protect yourself and your loved ones.””

Every time I have a hot flash I’m like “OMG is it a fever?” :eek:

To those who have posted about not feeling well, being possibly exposed, or have tested positive, please let us know how you’re doing physically and mentally.

I very seldom (like 2 times in mywhole life) get fever and last days, everytime i kind of feel hot i ask Mr. Darling and the same moment he just lays his hand of my forehead, he starts laughing at me.
As i am highly at home, i don´t think i am catching anything, but i also wonder what would be the symptoms on my side.

There are some work people i know that had it (coming back from skiing holidays), but also not the whole group travelling together was positive. The ones that were positive went through a flu without complication. This is kind of comforting if you think about mental pressure.

Mentally i wonder how this may be if you are in a country with a high death rate (like being in Spain), i wonder if then your brain is then really clogged and then you may feel the symptoms much harder and this may also impact the healing process.

Denver inmate who tested positive for COVID-19 spent time in general population

““Nobody had any protective equipment on. We're working with this guy getting through this process. Everybody at this point becomes afraid. We're afraid to take it to our families, our parents,” said the anonymous deputy.

Law enforcement sources told FOX31 up to 16 deputies were exposed by the inmate, a number the city of Denver refused to confirm or deny.”

[...]

“I don't think any of the staff that was exposed should be going back to work, period,” said the deputy, who was told the city won’t test him because his exposure risk was considered low.

When asked if he would go back to work, the deputy responded, “I have to. You’re in a catch-22. You still have bills to pay. Will I wear a mask all night long? Absolutely, I will because you don’t want anybody to catch anything.”

The deputy said this case is proof that Denver should automatically test everyone that comes into the jail to be booked.”

Additionally:

• three Denver inmates have tested positive for the virus.

• Twenty inmates are showing symptoms.

6 week old babies die, 104 year old people live, 55 year olds die, 30 year olds get really sick and need respirators for acute respiratory syndrome. Everything changed.
I think those are outliers. That's why we hear about them. But I think the overall statistics will still show that it is older people, with underlying conditions, that will be the majority of deaths.

Coloradans Asked To Withhold Shopping For First Few Days Of The Month

Video at above link talk about how people on food stamps & in the WIC programs (Women Infants & Children) receive their assistance $ on the first of the month.

“There's an appeal to hold back on shopping for groceries for those who receive food assistance to get their supplies during a short window of time.”

I think those are outliers. That's why we hear about them. But I think the overall statistics will still show that it is older people, with underlying conditions, that will be the majority of deaths.
I think the stats are showing it is all ages with underlying conditions who are becoming victims.

JMO

I think we need a coronavirus wall of shame. I love this store but if and when it reopens "legally"next time, I will never shop there again.

Hobby Lobby agrees to close Ohio stores after cease-and-desist letter

I'm also getting really tired of people having home remodeling parties and standing in line for paint at Home Depot. The grocery store parking lots are emptier than the Home Depot lot! That's not why the store was left open. They are essential in case plumbing, electric or heat break in your home!

Here’s an article from Colorado on Hobby Lobby I posted the other day:

BBM:

““Employees from locations nationwide have been outspokenon Twitter, claiming the company exploits loopholes in orders similar to Colorado’s to stay open. People have shared photos of signs posted at Hobby Lobby stores that say they’re essential businesses because they sell materials for making personal protective equipment and homeschooling supplies.”

Hobby Lobby remains open in defiance of Colorado's stay-at-home order

However, I see they too have received an order to close today:

Colorado directs Hobby Lobby executive to close stores – The Denver Post

“Hobby Lobby stores in Denver shut down this week after being cited by city inspectors for violating a statewide stay-at-home order and the Colorado attorney general’s office has directed the chain to shut down statewide.”

[...]

““You are directed to immediately close all Hobby Lobby locations within the State of Colorado,” the directive, signed by W. Eric Kuhn, senior assistant attorney general, said. “Immediate compliance is compulsory, and any future or continuing non-compliance will be subject to the full force and effect of injunctive relief.””

Last edited:
I posted a few days ago that 73 year old singer-songwriter John Prine is in critical but stable condition on a ventilator in ICU with symptoms of COVID-19.

John Prine critically ill with COVID-19 - CNN

John Prine Hospitalized With COVID-19 Symptoms: 'His Situation Is Critical'

In January at the Grammy’s Bonnie Raitt paid tribute to John who received a lifetime achievement award, singing “Angel from Montgomery.”

John Prine Tribute With Bonnie Raitt "Angel From Montgomery": 2020 GRAMMY Awards

These are recent tributes from Joan Baez and Steven Colbert to John. Good music!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/joan-baez-john-prine-hello-in-there-975065/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stephen-colbert-john-prine-duet-976316/

Others have also posted singing tributes if you google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en