Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please continue discussion here.

No blatantly political posts.
Do not argue with or discuss other members.
Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts.

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 threads. If it is not your own post but you think it relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will do that for you.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

Surgeon general warns US of `saddest week' and `9/11 moment'

"This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment, only it's not going to be localized," Surgeon General Jerome Adams said on "Fox News Sunday." He added: "It's going to be happening all over the country. And I want America to understand that."

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the coming week is "going to be shocking to some."

"But that's what is going to happen before it turns around, so just buckle down," Fauci said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

We only have 23 cases in my county, afaik.
People forget the contact lists of the 23, and their contact lists, etc. how many from contact lists were diagnosed over the phone and excluded from “positive” count?
To most, 23 means 23. In reality, it is prob 2300. Moo

Thanks @sillybilly for the new thread.

From the last thread:

Dealing with the exact same thing. My sister and her family think we should all get together on Easter as well. With my 87 yo parents. Would include 14 of us, including 4 children. I can’t think of a worse idea! I just don’t understand it! No one wants to be separated on Easter, myself included, but please!

ETA: I am putting my foot down as a big NO.

Good for you in being strong and assertive. I’ve had to be more assertive lately in my life than I think I’ve ever had to be. I just had strong words with my neighbor yesterday re: some things she said, as we were talking from across the way. She finally came around hopefully but I really had to school her on some things she was talking about doing and emphasize that this ain’t no joke. Wake up!

Thanks @sillybilly for the new thread.

From the last thread:

Good for you in being strong and assertive. I’ve had to be more assertive lately in my life than I think I’ve ever had to be. I just had strong words with my neighbor yesterday re: some things she said, as we were talking from across the way. She finally came around hopefully but I really had to school her on some things she was talking about doing and emphasize that this ain’t no joke. Wake up!
Like what?

Like what?

Her non essential business and gatherings plans.

She was just talking to me telling me this and that and I was like AW HELL NO.

Basically she wasn’t taking this seriously and was being a moron.

Yeah I’m getting in my neighbor’s business. I talked to her strongly, yet respectfully, in an educational manner. And like I said I think she came around which is what really matters.

As Dr. Tedros says, “This is ALL of our business.”

This is my town too. And I do care about her and everyone and stopping this virus even if she doesnt.

Last edited:
Idk how anyone can prevent it, actually. We are under stay at home directives, but few oblige. As far as directives to not travel across state lines, it is allowed for a host of reasons. So, essentially, it is allowed. Anyone wanting to travel can invent a reason, should they be questioned. Idk how there’d be a situation for questioning unless stopped for a traffic violation. Even then, its not like they are going to jail. Jails want people out, not brought in.
During our earlier PCs we had the “what about the constitution” questions thrown at Gov’, even a reporter asked “you can’t actually enforce?” Iirc he then said he encouraged the right behavior. If I wanted to drive to Ohio or IN right now, I’m able. If stopped for speeding and asked about travel, all I have to say is I’m checking on a friend in Clevelsnd.
In the UK you would be fined. If you did it again, a higher fine. Checking on a friend is not essential. Delivering food to elderly over 70 who cannot go out would be essential, going to work in an essential occupation would be acceptable, going to buy your own food shopping is considered essential, being outside your home for exercising is essential, driving somewhere to exercise is non essential. Police are getting strict with it. No social gatherings except who you live with at your own property. Who are people kidding by inventing excuses anyway as it will just prolong the spread and kill more people. MOO.

ETA i was in the middle of replying to this and posting when the thread closed so have copy and pasted into here.

Bringing this over so anyone wondering if they can isolate with family or friend can follow Gupta’s advice.

CNN.com - Transcripts

KAREN RATHMAN, RETIRED: After 14 days two families stayed apart and self-quarantined by family at home for the entire 14 days. No member of either family shows signs of having the coronavirus. Is it safe for the two families to be together now in one home rather than continuing to be separated?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

COOPER: Sanjay, what do you think?

GUPTA: That's like one of those A.A.T. questions. You have 14 days, two families.

COOPER: Traveling 14 miles at 12 miles an hour.

GUPTA: Yeah, you know, so here's how I would answer that. I'm curious if Leana would agree with me. Fourteen days comes up because that's sort of the time between when you've been exposed and when you might develop symptoms. It's not a perfect number because, Anderson, as you and I know, we interviewed somebody who had the virus in their system longer than that.

But 14 days is a good number. If they haven't had any symptoms yet, they should be pretty much in the clear. And I think it's okay to be back together. Maybe that will make quarantining a little bit easier for them. But every time you move around, every time you're sort of traveling and things like that, it's an added risk.

COOPER: What about people who are asymptomatic?

GUPTA: Yeah, I think even with asymptomatic, this idea that if you were -- if you were going -- the virus, if it was there between the time of exposure to the time of symptoms, you would have had it in about 14 days. You shouldn't have symptoms or --

COOPER: Got it.

GUPTA: -- spread after that. So it's not perfect, but if they really wanted to be together, I think it would be okay. Just be careful with travel or anything else unusual.

In the UK you would be fined. If you did ot again, a higher fine. Checking on a friend is not essential. Delivering food to elderly over 70 who cannot go out would be essential,
we don’t have the manpower to stop criminals, let alone random cars. Golf is considered essential in KY.

More specifics on how the US "wasted" 70 days:

The U.S. was beset by denial and dysfunction as the coronavirus raged

And a doctor in Italy says that their death rates are way under-reported (CBS is reporting it). He says the rates are 4-8X higher than what has been confirmed, as so many people died without testing. Their epidemiologists are using the standard statistical measures to judge this.

Surgeon general warns US of `saddest week' and `9/11 moment'

"This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment, only it's not going to be localized," Surgeon General Jerome Adams said on "Fox News Sunday." He added: "It's going to be happening all over the country. And I want America to understand that."

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the coming week is "going to be shocking to some."

"But that's what is going to happen before it turns around, so just buckle down," Fauci said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

I dread this.

There is no way to enforce someone that traveled to self quarantine, imo.
Plus, if a person on the border enters the next state to shop, essentially they traveled. Even an employee that crosses state lines “traveled”.
Perhaps some are in the “if he can do it, I can do it” mode. Idk.

GOOD QUESTION: What are Kentucky's quarantine rules for people who travel?

Governor Beshear announced Thursday that visitors who spend more than a day in our state must go into a 14-day quarantine. If you're returning home to Kentucky from an out-of-state trip, you must also self-quarantine for 14 days.

There are some exceptions, including people who work out of state.

Last edited:
We only have 23 cases in my county, afaik.
People forget the contact lists of the 23, and their contact lists, etc. how many from contact lists were diagnosed over the phone and excluded from “positive” count?
To most, 23 means 23. In reality, it is prob 2300. Moo
It took the whole of the UK only three weeks to go from death numbers in the 20's to nearly 5,000 today. That is with the number of deaths doubling every 2 to 3 days. I fear we will be over 10k by next weekend. Stay safe, stay home, take care of yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli