Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her non essential business and gatherings plans.

She was just talking to me telling me this and that and I was like AW HELL NO.

Basically she wasn’t taking this seriously and was being a moron.

Yeah I’m getting in my neighbor’s business. I talked to her strongly, yet respectfully, in an educational manner.

As Dr. Tedros says, “This is ALL of our business.”

This is my town too. And I do care about her and everyone and stopping this virus even if she doesnt.
Do you think she’s uninformed or simply defiant?

I think we have to do what we must to be the safest we can in our homes. It is moo that the biggest majority of the US population continue to live as before.
I never realized staying home might be such an issue, for so many. I’m happiest at home & can always find a project.

View attachment 241934 View attachment 241935

New York's daily death toll falls to 594 prompting Gov. Andrew Cuomo to suggest the state is already at it's apex as hospitalizations and ICU admissions also decrease

NY's daily death toll falls to 594 prompting Cuomo to suggest the state is already at it's apex | Daily Mail Online

I really hope the number of people dying and being admitted to ICU keeps falling in New York.

Hopefully that is the case.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

New York's peak is on April 9, 2020.

Lowe’s announces new store hours, customer limit protocol due to coronavirus

Maybe this will help moving forward. Does anyone want to stand in the blazing sun for hours with people coughing & sneezing all around them? Or smoking, idk what they do about smoking, I would not want smoke exhaled in my direction. Also, a person might spend hours in Lowe’s, so how long will people wait in line?

It took the whole of the UK only three weeks to go from death numbers in the 20's to nearly 5,000 today. That is with the number of deaths doubling every 2 to 3 days. I fear we will be over 10k by next weekend. Stay safe, stay home, take care of yourselves.

Sadly, UK's response parallels that of the US in many ways. I am very unhappy to see UK's rates go so high today, and hospitals already struggling with issues like no oxygen canisters. Hospitals completely full (and I guess more tent hospitals are still under construction).

The increase in the curve in UK has been rapid and is now exponential, just as in the US. There are no places that have enough test kits, so that's a global problem. Grocery stores in UK have the empty shelf thing going on, as well.

Next 3 weeks are going to be miserable for US and UK.

we don’t have the manpower to stop criminals, let alone random cars. Golf is considered essential in KY.
I think that could change in about a week. Do you still have gatherings for sport and entertainment events and restaurant and bars open or have they closed yet?

Surgeon general warns US of `saddest week' and `9/11 moment'

"This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment, only it's not going to be localized," Surgeon General Jerome Adams said on "Fox News Sunday." He added: "It's going to be happening all over the country. And I want America to understand that."

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the coming week is "going to be shocking to some."

"But that's what is going to happen before it turns around, so just buckle down," Fauci said on CBS's "Face the Nation."
What does he mean by "going" to be? There have already been almost twice as many deaths as were killed on both 9/11 and Pearl Harbor combined.

The Americans defying Palm Sunday quarantines: "Satan's trying to keep us apart"

Many churches and other religious institutions are online.

Some are holding services despite restrictions on how many can gather.

I received a text from someone this morning, driving by a church in Paxton FL. Parking lot was full. I miss church, especially during this Easter season, and going into Holy Week. My church family, which has a large elderly population, participated in Holy Communion at home, which is the way it should be done this week and every week until this horrible virus is under control.

Hopefully that is the case.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

New York's peak is on April 9, 2020.

Yes - Cuomo was very clear about that in this morning's presser - Daily Mail is a day late and a bit skewed in its reporting, I think.

Cuomo used a visual to speak about how they aren't at the apex yet. The reason there was an apparent fall in deaths is due to reporting vagaries. The number of new cases does seem to be falling, but the number of tests being completed daily may vary, so that most public health models still say - April 9 is New York's peak and deaths will be above 800 just before and just after that date.

That's deaths where people have sought medical care and been tested - not all of the deaths.

The Americans defying Palm Sunday quarantines: "Satan's trying to keep us apart"

Many churches and other religious institutions are online.

Some are holding services despite restrictions on how many can gather.
Our church keeps everyone together safely by online services. Today a nearby church handed out palm branches in a parking lot and cars drove around town honking and waving the branch. People have to find a "together" in different ways that are safe. Maybe the Satan they fear is pulling them apart is really putting them in harms way, my opinions anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member