Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Curious Me I called the Hospice center here a few weeks ago. If my husband gets sick, he isn't going to get a test, or go to the hospital. He is over age 80, and not in the best health.

The pallative care nurse told me that they would give him morphine if he was struggling to breathe. He doesn't have to go to the hospital or anything.

So, we know what the plan is for him. Hopefully not needed. But I already filled out the paperwork needed with them. All I have to do is call.

I'm basically in the same boat as your husband, old and not in the best of health. However, I will go down fighting and enjoy my life before anything bad happens. My ex-hubby was on palliative care, out of it until he died. I told everyone I will not go that way.

There are plenty of things a body can do without going out and putting themselves in danger - read a book, get a rescue dog, eat great meals, watch movies, learn to knit, sit out in the sun - read the Bible and put your trust in God.

Hi Tresir, this is not the link I took my info from, but it does give detail about the theory re Vit C

Hospital turns to high-dose vitamin C to fight coronavirus

Thanks. I'll have a read.

ETA it says 16 × the daily dose of 80-90 mg

Here's a link from BBC about hydro whatnot.

Why a drug to treat malaria is selling out around the world

"There has been a global surge in demand for drugs normally used against malaria to tackle the coronavirus, as governments urgently seek out treatments for the new disease.

Chloroquine, and a related derivative, hydroxychloroquine, have gained attention - despite the World Health Organization (WHO) saying there is no definitive evidence they work.

So what is the current evidence of their effectiveness as a treatment for the coronavirus, and who is using them?

What do we know about these drugs?
President Trump has frequently referred to the potential of hydroxychloroquine in White House briefings. At a recent press conference, he referred to it and said: "What do you have to lose? Take it."

In a video removed by Facebook for breaching its misinformation guidelines, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro claimed "hydroxychloroquine is working in all places".
"

Loads more at the Beeb link.

Last edited:
Oh how much I agree with you. MUCH MORE research, clinical trials, test casing should be going on with a variety of possible therapies right now.

But to make a single drug such a battle cry out to general public, without enough medical expertise is downright scary. I hear people thinking "the wonder drug is already here". omg.

Look what is NOT BEING DONE because of the obsession with this single drug: New York Magazine 04/2020.

Reporters have found evidence that Trump’s infatuation with hydroxychloroquine has already inhibited the government’s ability to handle the crisis. Last month, Politico reported that Trump had enlisted agencies like the Food and Drug Administration, the National Institutes of Health, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to import, promote, and pay for his favorite medicine. Officials described it as “mindshare, time and energy being soaked up by a potential wild-goose chase.”

I want antibodies and vaccines, please!!!!!!!!!!

Why Trump Is Overruling Scientists to Pursue His Pet Coronavirus Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members