Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Circulating on nursing forums, this is a better explanation of a possible mechanism for CoVid (summarizing various juried publications and pre-prints, as well as computer analysis of observations):

///
"Might not even be a respiratory illness after all and that's just a byproduct of the wreckage it makes in blood haemoglobin (thus making ARDS a symptom not a cause).

I wish this would get more traction because if this computational analysis is correct, this could completely change the way we approach COVID, globally.

I will copy some summaries that explain this paper in layman's terms:

- Using computational analysis (modeling the behavior of a molecule in a computer), they've worked out the probable mechanism by which SARS-nCov-2 wreaks havoc on patients, as well as why chloroquine and favipiravir seem to work.

- Inside our red blood cells, there is a molecule called hemoglobin, which contains heme groups. Each heme group is a molecular "ring" (called a porphyrin) that can hold an iron (Fe) ion inside. Having an iron ion inside is what allows this heme to carry O2 (and CO2) in our blood. This is how our bodies move O2 to our tissues and remove CO2 waste products.

- The paper modeled these and found that the proteins produced when COVID replicates "collaborate" to knock iron ions out of heme groups (HBB) and replace them with one of the proteins. This makes the red blood cell unable to transport O2 and CO2!

- If the computer modeling is right, it shows that the virus hijacks our [red] blood [cells] and makes it unable to carry O2 to a patient's tissues/organs, and likewise unable to carry CO2 out of them. This would lead to organ and tissue death, roughly in the same way as if a patient were being suffocated. Even when a patient can breath (fill lungs with air), the oxygen isn't getting to the cells in their body.

- The inflammation in the lungs results from the lungs not being able to perform the oxygen/CO2 exchange, and would therefore appear to be a SECONDARY result of the hijacking of the blood. The lungs not working is a result of lack of O2 in blood, not the cause of it. Hence the "ground glass opacities".

- The paper models the behavior of chloroquine and faviparavir as well, which appear to bind to the non-structural viral proteins that hijack the heme groups, thus inhibiting them from knocking out the iron and wrecking the O2-carrying ability of the red blood cells.

- This also explains the observation made by various ER docs (incl this one in New Orleans) that patients tend to have elevated ferritin: ferritin is used to store excess iron. If a lot of iron is knocked out of heme groups and floating around, the body produces more ferritin

If true, this may mean a few things:

1. Starting drug treatment while symptoms are mild keeps virus from hijacking too much blood, enabling a still-healthy body to mount an immune response. Explains why early drug treatment (first week of symptoms) is often successful.

2. Drug treatment and intubation once patient is critical will rarely work because tissues/organs are already damaged, blood can't carry O2, and the body is too weak to produce new red blood cells able to carry Fe (and thus oxygen/CO2) even if drugs inhibit more hijacking.

3. Thus: start severe patients on drug treatment upon hospital intake to suppress further hijacking of blood by the virus, then give them a blood transfusion of new red blood cells immediately that are unhijacked. If all this is true, we would see rapid patient improvement.

---

The problem is we have not yet had studies testing whether patients will respond well to blood transfusions from people who have not had COVID-19. Right now medical attention is focused on blood transfusions from those who have beat COVID and have antibodies. This needs to be looked at

This research ties in to the fact that weight/age/high blood pressure are such risk factor and why certain blood types are less afflicted than other

////

Link please to a paper? I've followed this from the beginning on google scholar and have never heard such a thing as this. All the papers point to ACE-2 -

OK, I know this won't be popular - but I have always been in agreement with most of the Bundy's response to government reach (or overreach). I also discount any news source that is far away from the physical state. I really don't care what the NY times or any distant state news has to say pertaining to Idaho. Lets let Idaho government deal with this issue, not New York. Just my honest opinion.

MOO

Sad that people are using this time to put forth their own agenda. Yet we do know there are many front line workers who are working under deplorable conditions. That is a fact. There are people who may purchase these drugs and die because of them. I will rely on the Science and not something being floated to the public. That is my stance on the drugs. Others may feel different and have to make a choice they feel best for them. Do these drugs have merit? Possibly. I pray they do but I feel we are a long way from knowing.

Is there any research on any beginning of symptoms before the obvious symptoms? Such as headaches, fatigue, etc? I been having headaches for 7 days with fatigue. Now I have a temp on 99.8. Having a mini anxiety attack over here.

India agrees to release unproven 'corona drug'

Another article about hydroxychloroquine.

"India has agreed to lift an export ban on a drug US President Donald Trump has called a "game-changer" in the fight against coronavirus, despite reservations from medical experts.

The decision came after Mr Trump warned of "retaliation" if India did not drop the ban on hydroxychloroquine exports.

The president has repeatedly touted the drug as a possible cure for Covid-19, despite a lack of proof.

India is one of the world's largest manufacturers of hydroxychloroquine.

It is unclear how much will now be exported. Anurag Srivastava, spokesperson for the Ministry of External Affairs, said on Tuesday that the "the stock position could allow our companies to meet the export commitments that they had contracted".

What happened between the US and India?
President Trump - who, according to the New York Times, owns a "small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes... the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine" - called Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, a day after India banned all exports of the drug "without exception". "

President Trump - who, according to the New York Times, owns a "small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes... the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine" - called Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, a day after India banned all exports of the drug "without exception". \

That^^^ accusation by the NYT has been debunked. Sanofi no longer owns the malaria drug. They sold the rights in 2013. And besides that, Trumps 'small' personal financial interest in sanofi is equal to about 1500 to 5000 dollars total. In a mutual fund.

That story is just another political hit by the press, one of countless bashes, which are unfounded.

Trump’s promotion of unproven drugs is cause for alarm, but not because he’s making money off it
For one, the president doesn’t directly own Sanofi stock. His 2019 financial disclosuressuggest he holds it in three family trusts through an investment in the mutual fund company Dodge & Cox’s international stock fund. According to Dodge & Cox, that fund includes shares of a number of drug companies — including AstraZeneca, Novartis, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, and Sanofi. But it also includes shares of companies in other industries, from online retail to banking to electronics. And of the drug companies it does include, only some, like Novartis and Sanofi, are major manufacturers of hydroxychloroquine.

This would suggest that the president — and anyone else who bought this particular Dodge & Cox product — may not profit very much from increased hydroxychloroquine sales, and that any benefits drug companies in the portfolio see may not be enough to offset the loses of other included companies.

Trump’s financial disclosures don’t show exactly how much each trust has invested in the fund, but they do say it is $15,000 or less. Financial Times reporter Kadhim Shubber wrote this means the president’s stake in Sanofi is likely worth about $450.

Last edited:
Is there any research on any beginning of symptoms before the obvious symptoms? Such as headaches, fatigue, etc? I been having headaches for 7 days with fatigue. Now I have a temp on 99.8. Having a mini anxiety attack over here.
Not knowing what Country you live in and not asking you to disclose but do you have a Health Line to call. They will walk you thru a questionnaire and tell you how to proceed. Here in Ontario we have a Health Unit to contact.

The CNN reporter who has it gives a fairly detailed acct of symptoms and how his temp readings are always on cool side wouldnt necessarily register as fever

Oh, I'm sorry you aren't well. The recommendation I hear is to call a doctor's office (hopefully you have access to one - if not, perhaps your local health department). I hope you feel better, and that the anxiety subsides soon.

Yes, exactly.
Same thing happened with that couple that supposedly took the Fish tank cleaning chemicals and the husband died.
Press said they were duped by the president because they trusted him so much, etc....

Turns out there was way more to the story...the lady wasn't trusting the president's she hated him and said so on social media, many times. And she had mental illness and depression and wanted to divorce him...

Can I just say in a non political way, because I would say it about any president who happened to be dealing with something like this. The president needs our support and not the nitpicking he has to defend everyday.

Can I just say in a non political way, because I would say it about any president who happened to be dealing with something like this. The president needs our support and not the nitpicking he has to defend everyday.
Well said. He needs to do his job and support us, the citizens. All of us. With oversight and efficiency. This is true for any president.

OK, I know this won't be popular - but I have always been in agreement with most of the Bundy's response to government reach (or overreach). I also discount any news source that is far away from the physical state. I really don't care what the NY times or any distant state news has to say pertaining to Idaho. Lets let Idaho government deal with this issue, not New York. Just my honest opinion.

MOO

Fair enough. Here you go. From Boise, ID.

Amid stay-home order, Ammon Bundy hosts meeting; calls on Idahoans to defend rights

From Spokane, WA. (bordering state)

Ammon Bundy, who led Oregon standoff, holds gatherings amid Idaho 'stay home' order

From Portland, OR (bordering state)

Ammon Bundy, who led Malheur occupation, pledges to defend Idahoans’ rights under stay-home order

Idaho Governor Little discusses stay-home order.

Gov. Little on what's next for Idahoans: 'We will not return to normal April 16'

President Trump - who, according to the New York Times, owns a "small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes... the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine" - called Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, a day after India banned all exports of the drug "without exception". \

That^^^ accusation by the NYT has been debunked. Sanofi no longer owns the malaria drug. They sold the rights in 2013. And besides that, Trumps 'small' personal financial interest in sanofi is equal to about 1500 to 5000 dollars total. In a mutual fund.

That story is just another political hit by the press, one of countless bashes, which are unfounded.

it is getting so bad that I only watch these MSM outlets for humor. I don’t have an interest in agendas, I just want facts in a time when facts matter.

Remember, there still is regular flu season as well. I had the same symptoms a week ago. And have had a slight dry cough as well. The fact that I was sneezing and had a runny nose, convinced me that I had an ordinary rhinovirus.

The only way for you to be sure, is to get tested.

I like the Cuomos. Intelligent and personable. I will just point out that is odd that being drenched in sweat and coming in waves never happens when Chris needs to be on air.
He said it happens thru the night. Now i don't know if he is still suffering the fevers. Hopefully he has passed that phase as i think he got kicked pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop