Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a request out to some of the folks on this site who do such a great collecting/assimilating job of news articles and details. Has anyone been able to find, or keep up with what is happening with the 2trilllion dollars??? This is such a massive amount of money that has to be distributed and channeled in massive directions. Who in heavens names is managing this??? This Sean O'Donnell is currently acting in THREE positions. I have not been able to find anything recently, so would appreciate any insight. tia

In just the past four days, Trump has ousted two inspectors general and expressed displeasure with a third, a pattern that critics say is a direct assault on one of the pillars of good governance.

Glenn Fine, who had been the acting Pentagon inspector general, was informed Monday that he was being replaced at the Defense Department by Sean W. O’Donnell, currently the inspector general at the Environmental Protection Agency. O’Donnell will simultaneously be inspector general at the EPA and acting IG at the Pentagon until a permanent replacement is confirmed for the Defense Department.

On Friday, the president notified Congress that he was removing Michael Atkinson as the inspector general of the intelligence community.

Here's a breakdown of where it's supposed to go. From there we can google the specifics to see where it's gone so far but contrary to popular belief, google hasn't always been my friend when trying to find something :rolleyes:

What’s Inside the $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package

And how do we feed the largest nation in the world?

INMO, there won't be a problem with food. There may be a problem with food that people are used to getting on demand.

I am old enough to remember my Grandparents talking about the depression, and the subsequent food shortages during WWII. After that, we always had a huge garden, chickens, and rabbits.

Most people in the United States are used to a high standard of living. Meat for every meal of the day. Every day of the week. Even on EBT this is possible.

It wouldn't hurt anyone in the United States, to have to cut down on meat consumption. Or other consumable products. I don't see that anyone will starve in the United States, but, they may have to realize that a bowl of oatmeal can be a good dinner.

I don't see that necessarily happening. But, if it happens, people will have to adjust.

So if you don't report an income, you don't get any money? I was thinking about all those people who sell stuff on eBay and Etsy and whether they report their income from sales. Sales must have flattened because I get all sorts of emails from sellers giving huge discounts which they've never done before. How do you submit a claim when the Feds didn't know you were making an income to begin with.
If someone hasn’t been paying federal taxes on earned income, then no, they’re not going to magically qualify for federal funds sent based on IRS filings. That would be a consequence of working under the table and not reporting income. Sort of along the lines of the cruise industry sailing under the flag of another country to avoid US taxes... they don’t get bailout money either. It seems fair to me.

Cargill closed a plant in Minnesota today - 200 employees.

What is Cargill? Cargill is Minnesota's largest financial company. Most don't even know what Cargill is. It's one of the world's top producers and distributors of agricultural products such as sugar, refined oil, cotton, chocolate, and salt. Cargill is privately owned, and the Cargill family is worth about 50 billion.
Yikes. I buy bulk in 50# bags from them. OMG is this just temporary?

"New Jersey has been hit especially hard by the coronavirus pandemic, and the people of New Jersey have always stepped up during difficult times," Springsteen shared in an announcement.

On April 22nd, I hope you'll join me, Jon Bon Jovi, Tony Bennett, Jon Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, Charlie Puth, SZA, Saquon Barkley, Danny DeVito, Chelsea Handler and many more for this special event.

JERSEY 4 JERSEY" premieres April 22nd, 7:00 P.M. ET on ABC

Good Morning America on Twitter

Good Morning America on Twitter video

Last edited:
Opposite of us. Don't file until April 15, July 15 this year, and it's been decades since we received a refund from the IRS. Claimed high exemptions during our working years and always wrote a check and mailed. Both of us are on SS so presume we'll receive later than most.

Actually don't see why those of us not working are included. Taking it though and consider it a refund for all those years of paying taxes.

We are a mixed bag. Mr Pirate gets SS and I work still. I will appreciate the extra $ as it will go towards grocery delivery. I tip very well, usually 20-40 dollar tip as I really appreciate the delivery folk and understand what they are exposed to, bringing food to my door. I also intend to stimulate my local economy in a large way when we can finally get out. I miss my local restaurants, my cleaning lady, the bars and our campgrounds. We may not need the $ for necessities, but it will trickle down to help our economy.

Recently I ran out of the store bought bread I had in the freezer. Now I’m trying to psyche myself into baking bread today. I’ve never baked bread in my life but I have no desire to go to the grocery store. Luckily I had stocked up on my favorite tillamook cheese. So I’m just ok on cheese.

Making bread is super easy. About two months ago I tried an experiment just for fun because we ran out of the normal box mix that we use in our bread maker.

So instead, all I did was look up a simple recipe and made it even simpler. I only put normal white enriched flour, a little salt, and ETA (2-3 tablespoons of baking Yeast) and water in a bowl and mixed it until it had the right thick consistency and wasnt sticking to the sides. Once it was in a nice ball of dough, I very lightly oiled the sides of a rectangle cake pan like you would use to make a pound cake.

Then I put it in oven at a lower temperature around 325 and let it bake until I stuck a toothpick in it to make sure it was done on inside.

We expected it not to come out good but we were pleasantly surprised that it actually looked, felt, and even tasted like bread. :)

If you have or can find Wheat Flour, I remember one of the recipes said by using Wheat Flour, it tastes better. The regular white flour worked fine for me but wheat flour may have given it a better taste.

I don’t usually check my balance online as I use direct deposit for my funds. I did yesterday when someone mentioned receiving their payment. My SS (Disability) hits my bank on the third Monday of each month (4/20/20) this month~ ooh, good day, I just thought about that @margarita25 so I’m thinking my payment might hit that same day. My husband get his SS by some sort of debit card so I don’t know. I just checked my acct. online again and my state pension hasn’t hit yet. I don’t like that. Something feels wrong. I hope I’m just being paranoid. It’s like clockwork on the 14th of every month and it’s not there. It’s not ever not been there.

If you have set up an online account with SSA you can see when the deposit is made. If not set one up real quick, only takes 4 or 5 minutes. It will show about 2 weeks prior to the deposit, the amount and date.

If its not showing they deposited on the SSA site it warrants a call to SSA, be prepared the wait is over 2 hours and the offices are closed to the public.

It is shows as deposited call the bank. Sometimes banks will make a mistake when separating the bulk deposit from SSA/SSI which is by the social security number of the SSA account you are drawing benefits from. A person drawing benefits off a husband or father will have that number attached to the SSA deposit. The bank may have mistaken your account number or not found it's a pretty common error and banks can usually direct the money into your account with in an hour.

And I was NEVER allowed to have Valveeta...my dad was very picky about cheese. I had a bunch of Catholic kids in my neighborhood... In the summertime, I would purposely wander to their houses on Fridays... They had bologna sandwiches every Mon-Thur, but always had valveeta sandwiches on Fridays!! yummmm. back then, anywho.

wow...i guess i didn't even know how to spell vElveeta... as I always say...learn something every day...

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

What we're seeing in Canada is that when politicians say things that raise eyebrows, someone turns it into a jingle and t-shirt slogan. Two examples are "speaking moistly" and "stay the blazes home." Media continues to report, rather than predict, news, and Canadians continue to find good humour between the lines.
wow... that really sounds...nice! When I lived in the UK decades ago.... all the newscasters were so dry and bor-ring, "just the facts, ma'am"....... I was used to American TV... I would like the cozy Canadian style today !!

Cargill closed a plant in Minnesota today - 200 employees.

What is Cargill? Cargill is Minnesota's largest financial company. Most don't even know what Cargill is. It's one of the world's top producers and distributors of agricultural products such as sugar, refined oil, cotton, chocolate, and salt. Cargill is privately owned, and the Cargill family is worth about 50 billion.

Time to hit the grocery store BIG TIME...Moo
This will affect our food supply.. Smithfield closed its largest plant, several chicken paints have closed, farmers plowing under food, milk being dumped out and now Cargill.

Moo

Hmmm, wonder if they are getting them out by birth date or last name alphabetically? Is your last name Aaaaardvark who was born at 12:01 on January 1st? :D

My last name begins with " A" and I haven't received mine yet, is it too early to worry? I qualify under the income guidelines and filed income taxes in both 2018 and 2019. I can just imagine the can of worms to untangle if the IRS screwed up.

Time to hit the grocery store BIG TIME...Moo
This will affect our food supply.. Smithfield closed its largest plant, several chicken paints have closed, farmers plowing under food, milk being dumped out and now Cargill.

Moo

I agree...I just added a large amount to my next grocery delivery. I don't eat meat but for whatever reason a lot of the vegan replacements are hard to get as well.

A couple of months ago when I had a cough, my co-worker told me I should just come to work and wear a mask. I told him the boss would never allow a mask.

Now... I think my boss is not only going to allow masks, but will be wearing one himself. And I’ve already dropped off some masks at work for my co-workers to pick up if they swing by. I’m thinking I should probably be sure we each have 5 before we go back to work.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

What we're seeing in Canada is that when politicians say things that raise eyebrows, someone turns it into a jingle and t-shirt slogan. Two examples are "speaking moistly" and "stay the blazes home." Media continues to report, rather than predict, news, and Canadians continue to find good humour between the lines.

oh...btw... how can one get the blazes t-shirt....?? This is really starting to grow on me. Is there a source you can provide!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties