Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? The governor isn’t exactly at odds with the President, so why are they protesting? Our cases are still increasing, including in my rural county, so the 2500 case thing seems rather arbitrary. How about it be based on cases leveling off?
I don't know. Maybe they want restrictions lifted quicker?

To be absolutely clear...my point about Oregon protesters is that they are pushing the governor to move faster than even the President outlined, and faster than is relevant to the state. They are not willing to wait a bit for the stay-at-home order to be lifted in a rational, gradual and science-based way. Their constitutional rights are not being violated. Their protest is about their personal wishes.
JMO

Who knows? It seems like, in Florida, unless a person had actually had a definite test and positive COVID19, the death cert could not be "COVID19". Just put whatever...

Florida coronavirus deaths are higher than numbers in official reports
Well if you cannot trust the figures we are all doomed. I do know that there will be some more UK deaths than have been reported because of how they report deaths in care homes. It is my opinion they are waiting for the other deaths to fall a bit more before they add them on. But that is just my theory.

1844 cases 72 deaths. Or are the deaths wrong too?
Here is the problem.....they dont really know how many cases are hanging out there. Sure their positivity rate is 5% (should not open above that level) but their testing is only 8.3 per 1000 people as compared to New York that is 28.2 per 1000 people.
Why is that important? If you unlock the door and let everyone out and there are many people with the virus already that you don't know about, then you will have an explosion of cases and have to shut down again.

Testing, testing, testing....opening without it is suicide, IMO.

When the virus runs out of host, it will die.

No plan in sight: Test troubles cloud Trump recovery effort

Attachments

• ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_56_051.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_56_051.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_46_406.jpg
    ScreenshotCapture_2020_04_18_09_31_46_406.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 6
I don't know. Maybe they want restrictions lifted quicker?

And I’m sure their expertise in public health and the economy is much greater than the governor and her advisors. /s Lifting restrictions quicker is not in line with what the experts believe is for the greater good of Oregonians. So what they want is irrelevant.

Here's how you can celebrate Patriots Day virtually | Boston.com
Though Minute Man National Historical Park in Concord cancelled its annual Patriots Day celebration due to the coronavirus pandemic, the park is offering a lineup of virtual events so folks can still celebrate the 245th anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord.
The virtual events, taking place Saturday through Monday, include interviews, video montages, dramatic renditions, and “opportunities to experience the real events of April 19, 1775,” park officials said via a press release

Hopkinton: Please stay off Boston Marathon course on Patriots Day
The Hopkinton Select Board is urging runners to refrain from coming to the start line of the Boston Marathon in Hopkinton or attempting to run the course on Monday.
Patriots Day is normally the date for the running of the Marathon, but this year's 124th edition was postponed in March and rescheduled for Sept. 14 due to the coronavirus.

massachusetts

US District Court Judge John W. Broomes, appointed by President Donald Trump in 2017, wrote in a four-page order that the state cannot enforce its April 7 stay-at-home order “prohibiting religious gatherings involving more than ten attendees,” as long as the two churches use social-distancing measures.

Filed by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative Christian legal group, the case is one of several challenges by religious organizations in the past couple weeks that attempt to block social-distancing and shelter-in-place orders. The group has contended the rules can unfairly punish people of faith.

In an effort to support the group’s efforts, the Trump administration on Tuesday filed in court in Mississippi to help challenge a ban on drive-in church services.

In Kansas, the First Baptist Church of Dodge City and Calvary Baptist Church of Junction City had sued on Thursday to challenge the governor’s April 7 executive order that largely banned public assemblies over 10 people. That state’s ban didn’t provide an exemption for religious groups, even though it explicitly allowed bars and restaurants to stay open if they take social-distancing measures. Shopping malls and libraries were also allowed to remain open.
More at link:
Kansas Baptist Churches May Hold Services Despite Stay-At-Home Order, Judge Rules
In Kansas currently, no malls or libraries open and restaurants only for curbside delivery. In fact I remember local library closing in mid March.
Governor Kelly announced all schools closed for the year at the same time, she’s been very proactive!

I wasn’t aware of seed buying restrictions until today. I’ve been reading of them. We have places like this. The covid subforum vegetable garden growing thread has listings of state university coop extension site links if you want to check it out sometime.
Eta link:Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

“My husband and I were 100% on board,” according to Jennifer Webster. She and her husband own the Co-op, which sells locally grown food and locally made food and goods. “This is our passion, is helping people grow food for themselves,” She said.

The Webster’s have seen a dramatic increase in people wanting to be more self-sufficient, by growing their own food. While the Co-op does sell their own seeds, they’ve been giving as many as they can.

Webster said they’re not just giving seeds away, they’re hoping to give them to those who plan to start a garden.
Conscious Community Co-op offering free seeds through local non-profit

Here is the problem.....they dont really know how many cases are hanging out there. Sure their positivity rate is 5% (should not open above that level) but their testing is only 8.3 per 1000 people as compared to New York that is 28.2 per 1000 people.
Why is that important? If you unlock the door and let everyone out and there are many people with the virus already that you don't know about, then you will have an explosion of cases and have to shut down again.

Testing, testing, testing....opening without it is suicide, IMO.

When the virus runs out of host, it will die.

No plan in sight: Test troubles cloud Trump recovery effort

I look at the deaths more than the cases. Hopefully they are more accurate than the cases. Will the virus ever run out of hosts? It seems it may be coming back for a second round in Japan and China. MOO.

All is well here! :)

Hey Chelly! I'm doing good over here! And I did find a link to the concert, so NO alarm clock needed - plus I don't think I have one! I'm retired - so really do not need one now! Will be listening to it - I see it is 8 hours!! That should fill up my day! LOL!

I know that after WW2 in Latvia they would hide their sugar... During Stalin times it was hard to get anything! Everyone dealt in the "black market". You got to know someone, who knew someone... etc. etc.

Thought I'd add this - as I have not been able to get a "positive" answer on my check. And for you that have received it - I noticed this:

and this for me - I did receive a 2019 Form SSA-1099 - and all info is correct, so I guess I wait...

Social Security and Railroad Retirement recipients who are not typically required to file a tax return need to take no action. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 and Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments of $1,200 to these individuals even if they did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019. Recipients will receive these payments as a direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their benefits. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) recipients are also part of this group who don't need to take action.

link: Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service

@margarita25 View attachment 243567

Does anyone know when Form SSA-1099 recipients will receive their stimulus payment?

In preparing for the coronavirus, Montana hospital revenue plunges

So, this article is interesting, but also alarming. The hospitals have lost revenue, because they were waiting for Coronavirus cases, that never happened here.

But, the alarming statement in this article, buried with everything else, is "Tourist season starts end of April". So, if Montana opens every thing up, because of our low rate. People from out of state will come here for vacations. And that is what will start the trajectory all over again. 2nd wave, here we come.

And no, I don't believe that people will come here and quarantine themselves for two weeks. They will expose themselves to airport people, hotel staff, on and on.

And how exactly are they planning on re-opening? Proper PPE is nearly impossible to buy. Lysol and chlorox have disappeared. Testing is still very limited. Asymptomatic people can spread it, so taking temperatures will get companies nowhere. How exactly can one be safer under these conditions?
Soap and water will defeat it apparently.

And I’m sure their expertise in public health and the economy is much greater than the governor and her advisors. /s Lifting restrictions quicker is not in line with what the experts believe is for the greater good of Oregonians. So what they want is irrelevant.
I do not think anyone's beliefs are irrelevant. ...... We seem to be a diverse and divided country even in this time of Crisis.........That is a sad deal...... Back to my coffee I go........moo

But, the issue is that they are NOT doing that in Florida.
If they have CV19 and died, they should be reported. It is a reportable disease. Are you saying Florida are not complying? A link would be helpful.

ETA I see you have posted one a few posts back. Unfortunately it won't load in Europe. Could you copy and paste in the relevant bit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member