Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been chomping at the bit to drive the one hour to my 42 year old sailboat in San Diego.
But it's hotter then hello here, and she has no air conditioning.
Additionally, I think that lock down, or no lockdown a bunch of Californians are going to head for the water.
I'm also a bit worried about the $1,000. Fine. But, I'm thinking that L.E. Will be looking more for cars filled with people with surf boards on top.
Cities here are already cancelling July 4th fireworks.
Personally, I think that has more to do with $$$.
Fireworks are expensive.

Well, I've been chomping at the bit to drive the one hour to my 42 year old sailboat in San Diego.
But it's hotter then hello here, and she has no air conditioning.
Additionally, I think that lock down, or no lockdown a bunch of Californians are going to head for the water.
I'm also a bit worried about the $1,000. Fine. But, I'm thinking that L.E. Will be looking more for cars filled with people with surf boards on top.
Cities here are already cancelling July 4th fireworks.
Personally, I think that has more to do with $$$.
Fireworks are expensive.

im dying to go fishing

Please quit repeating the UV thing. It's simply not true. Find a single source that says it's UV (and not heat). Heat without UV? Works.

UV without heat? Doesn't work.

And it's not all UV. UV isn't just one thing. And ALL of the studies on this topic show that we'd need another sun or two to "kill the virus" with just UV.

And now I'm wondering why I keep typing these things. The President has a bigger voice, everyone will listen to him.

More Natural Selection ahead. Although sadly, most won't get Darwin awards as they've already reproduced.

There’s an assortment of ridiculous UV lamps that are being advertised as having germicidal properties. They are the wrong type of UV, and as you noted, won’t do a thing. Ordinary UV exposure outdoors doesn’t work.

There are specialty UV C spectrum lamp tubes used for water treatment that are germicidal, but they are enclosed within piping systems, and never visible, because they will cause burns in seconds if a person is exposed. One can have retinal burns and major skin burns from this kind of UV, and there is also risk of skin cancer. A common use is for water systems in large buildings, to prevent legionella from circulating in a water system - to provide an alternative to heating the water to 140 F or greater temperature.

The fraudulent products being promoted are not UVC, and if they were, they would be deadly to consumers.

I’ve seen pictures of Chineses buses undergoing disinfection with UV; for this to work they would have to use UVC lamps that are controlled remotely, with no people in the area. I’m not sure if such a process would work. It might be just PR....

Last edited:
Anyone know results of ozone generators? I have two. I've read they do kill the virus if used in infected rooms. tia

...and yes, they are dangerous for people but kill the germ and stay away for a while. imo

I've read that the virus doesn't like high temperatures and high humidity.

I live in Sacramento California where summers bring high temperatures with very low humidity.

What will be the affect on the virus where I live?

Well, we only hear gloom and doom. What if this thing does go away quickly? Anything is possible. I haven't heard much about Africa, where it is hot and humid.

Well, I can tell you about Guayaquil, Ecuador. Because of heavy air traffic with Spain, the virus arrived in this city in early January (technically summer for them, but it's so close to the equator it doesn't matter). The disease spread like wildfire through the non-air conditions slums of the port. People were dying too fast for the city to bury them, they dropped dead on the street and left there. Many corpses were dumped outside the doorsteps of their buildings or left in family homes for days.

Finally, they were able to distribute cardboard coffins to avoid mass graves. The mayor said the city looked like a war zone.

*WARNING - GRAPHIC*

For Ecuador's Guayaquil, Tides of Death and Disappearance
'Like the horror of war': mayor of virus-ravaged Ecuador city calls for drastic response

In Manaus Brazil, a city on the Amazon River. They just excavated a mass grave to bury the dead in.

'Living Through A Nightmare': Brazil's Manaus Digs A Mass Grave As Deaths Mount

Both places are on the equator, extremely hot and humid.

I don't think we know enough about the virus, yet, to get excited about this or that pronouncement. I get people need hope - but, caution is also necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else thinking whaa???
Since when does Homeland Security carry out "studies" at the US Army's Boisecurity Lab ?
Why wouldn't an Army representative report on the results that were found?
Does Bryan have a medical degree?
Is he a scientist or a viroloist?
*I am looking into that.
"Mr. Bryan holds a Master of Science in strategic intelligence from the Joint Military Intelligence College in Washington, D.C. He also graduated Summa *advertiser censored* Laude with a Bachelor of Science in logistics systems management from Colorado Technical University in Colorado Springs, Colorado."
So, he has a Master's Degree.

William N. Bryan
"William N. Bryan, the acting undersecretary for science and technology at the Homeland Security Department, detailed recent lab studies carried out by the agency at the U.S. Army’s high biosecurity laboratory at Fort Detrick, Md.https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/04/23/lab-study-coronavirus-summer-weather/

Last edited:
did they really suggest injecting cleaning agents into lungs??? omg

President Trump was just thinking out loud at that moment. Reflects his (and everyone else's) frustrations with all the negative news regarding promising cures recently. BTW, I quit smoking a while ago, I will not use the rest of the nicotine patches. Initially, we were told smokers were at greater risk. Now, it may confer immunity. This advice can change again in a few weeks.

AZ should win on the humid bright sun light category. Our Monsoon season is wicked. Super hot humid build ups & mostly sunny during the day with afternoon to evening showers. 110 to 80 lows yuck btw. 10 plus weeks of hell. It's worth the remainder of the year though.

AZ needs more testing. yesterday &
ASAP, jmo

Last edited:
Well, if people are inside with the a/c on to keep cool and reduce humidity, not sure how humidity and sunshine would have any affect. ?

jmo
They will go fishing early in the morning, leave when it’s unbearable hot/humid and relax in the cool air conditioning at home in the afternoon. I think it hit 90 degrees at the Texas gulf area today - high utility bills for the next 6 months of summer.

President Trump was just thinking out loud at that moment. Reflects his (and everyone else's) frustrations with all the negative news regarding promising cures recently. BTW, I quit smoking a while ago, I will not use the rest of the nicotine patches. Initially, we were told smokers were at greater risk. Now, it may confer immunity. This advice can change again in a few weeks.
I don’t think injecting cleaning agents into lungs is safe.

Is anyone else thinking whaa???
Since when does Homeland Security carry out "studies" at the US Army's Boisecurity Lab ?
Why wouldn't an Army representative report on the results that were found?
Does Bryan have a medical degree?
Is he a scientist or a viroloist?
*I am looking into that.
"Mr. Bryan holds a Master of Science in strategic intelligence from the Joint Military Intelligence College in Washington, D.C. He also graduated Summa *advertiser censored* Laude with a Bachelor of Science in logistics systems management from Colorado Technical University in Colorado Springs, Colorado."
So, he has a Master's Degree.

William N. Bryan
"William N. Bryan, the acting undersecretary for science and technology at the Homeland Security Department, detailed recent lab studies carried out by the agency at the U.S. Army’s high biosecurity laboratory at Fort Detrick, Md.https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/04/23/lab-study-coronavirus-summer-weather/

Do you feel that UV light, heat and humidity will not affect the virus?

It's refreshing to me to see the news media, finally backing off the "Armageddon of Death Theories".
In my opinion, we need to make careful moves to start Re-opening America.
Yes, I said "carefull".
P.S. I am not here for an argument. This is my opinion.

One doctor wrote about this and said it's only UV-C that kills the virus and that we would have to make machines that specifically killed it. The dose of UV needed (by itself) is not strong enough. But CV definitely doesn't like heat. I sure hope no one relies on UV or UV-A, UV-B (tanning beds) to do what...keep CV off their skin? Just take a shower!
Interesting to hear about the different UV rays. I was just referencing the report I saw on Fox News earlier today. Of course every news source seems to have a different professional with a different view point, as usual.

Oh, that tanning bed comment was just one of my own random thoughts. :). Which now has led me to wonder what the effects of using infrared saunas might be. Or even traditional dry saunas.

For myself, I feel most comfortable using a combined strategy for killing Covid. UV rays being one of them... along with other effective disinfecting agents and a lot of hand washing. Social distancing for prevention.... yes, very good and quite ok with me anyway, lol.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-coronavirus-sunlight-heat-and-humidity

A chart released by during the White House coronavirus task force by the DHS showed that the novel coronavirus dies within two minutes in hot summer humidity while on surfaces and a minute and a half while in the air.
“Coronavirus dies at a much more rapid pace when exposed to sunlight and humidity,” Bryan said during the White House briefing. “The virus dies the quickest in direct sunlight. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds."

And maybe MORE! I completely believe China underreported their numbers.

At the number of infections now believed to be in the US - if the study NY Gov. Cuomo noted is correct - there would have to be many millions more cases in China. The study Cuomo noted implied that there could be as many as 2.7 million cases in NY alone, meaning other areas from coast to coast could also have exponentially larger numbers of cases.

It is very likely that China is deliberately underreporting its numbers. It is an authoritarian state that ultimately considers the lives of individuals expendable. Just look at the Cultural Revolution and the famine they created in the 1950s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member