Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my retirement plans is to spend some time at New Mexico's State Parks. Only $225 for a non resident annual pass.

EMNRD State Parks Division
Another worthwhile arena to explore is our National Parks and Forests. A Senior Lifetime Pass is only $80 or Annual Senior Pass For $20. It's available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. An Access Pass is free for those with permanent disabilities. Free Passes for those in the military. Several other options including volunteer passes are available.

A pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

These six agencies participate in the Interagency Pass Program:
America the Beautiful Passes (U.S. National Park Service)

Very small number are immune....all we are doing is kicking the can down the street so that we don't overrun the healthcare system. Very likely that the virus becomes even more highly transmissible than it already is and more are infected in the second wave.....there could be several waves...
A good read. Long, but scroll down to see the green herd immunity graph. Herd immunity means reaching 55% of the population. This prediction is that herd immunity will not be reached by 2022!
This Is the Future of the Pandemic

It's truly sad it took this pandemic to shine the light on so many. The essential workers, the elderly, the homeless etc. I pray it continues after this nightmare and much needed change is implemented.

Coronavirus up to 100 times more infectious through eyes, airways than SARS: report

“We culture tissues from the human respiratory tract and eyes in the laboratory and applied them to study the SARS-Cov-2, comparing it with SARS and H5N1. We found that SARS-Cov-2 is much more efficient in infecting the human conjunctiva and the upper respiratory airways than SARS with virus level some 80 to 100 times higher,” Chan told the outlet. “This explains the higher transmissibility of COVID-19 than that of SARS. This study also highlights the fact that eyes may be an important route of SARS-CoV-2 human infection."

We followed Ben in the first few threads. He was first in Wuhan during the shutdown there, and he always wore swim goggles when he went out, in addition to his mask due to that exact reason. One reason why I haven't gone out, is because I would want to have protection of my eyes yet I think I would be the ONLY one who is doing such.

Has anyone been out and seen persons with swim goggles on?

I question the validity of the email poster received from her salon. I have received several that I reported. One looked very official from the bank we bank from wanting me to update security questions. My BIL had an alert from Visa for 200.00 dollars worth of false eyelashes. Trust me Jack does not feed false eyelashes lol. Be careful the sharks are circling right now.

sorry I'm not thinking straight as my own Dad just died overnight
too late to edit the post
@LadyL I am so sorry for your loss. I’ve been afraid to ask about your dad. I know it’s been coming for a bit now. I am so sorry. I don’t know what else to say. I lost my daddy in Sept19. There are days I have to remind myself of the reality that he’s gone and Mama is now alone. The phrase “Mama and Daddy” that has always rolled off all our tongues so easily now seems painfully a bit empty. I hope you and your mom are able to speak with love as you both grieve. I will remember our lovely LadyL in my prayers tonight.

Another worthwhile arena to explore is our National Parks and Forests. A Senior Lifetime Pass is only $80 or Annual Senior Pass For $20. It's available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. An Access Pass is free for those with permanent disabilities. Free Passes for those in the military. Several other options including volunteer passes are available.

A pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

These six agencies participate in the Interagency Pass Program:
America the Beautiful Passes (U.S. National Park Service)
Sounds wonderful, except many are now closed. Check before you head out.

We followed Ben in the first few threads. He was first in Wuhan during the shutdown there, and he always wore swim goggles when he went out, in addition to his mask due to that exact reason. One reason why I haven't gone out, is because I would want to have protection of my eyes yet I think I would be the ONLY one who is doing such.

No I haven't but will be when I return to work. Regular wrap googles fog up too much. I have been putting them on with a surgical mask around the house to get use to wearing the gear.

Haven't seen anybody with swim goggles on but it sounds like a great idea.

Focusing today on vitamin D. He notes that in the US, 42% of people have vitamin D deficiency, 82 % of African Americans are deficient, 69% of Hispanics are deficient. (For those that don't follow him, he has spoken for months about really wanting studies on vitamin D for inherent immune system boost/preventative)

Something new I didn't know is that higher levels of Vitamin D give 50% lower risk of colorectal cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merwint