Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the initial position on need to reopen schools odd, especially with no reference or consideration of health safety.

Our schools have become more than education centers. They are expected to meet needs for full nutritional support, physical and mental abuse, medical care, emotional support, full support for all handicapped students and many provide daycare/after school care. They are social service centers providing education on the side, in some areas.

How much can we continue to add to our school systems, teachers and students? Teachers can't teach effectively when managing so many aspect of many children's lives. How can we ask them to be on the front line, trying to protect students and themselves from those they know are living in an environment they could bring Covid right into the classroom? How do they handle the parent who says, my kid ain't wearing no mask, or kids coming to school sick and the parent can't be located for hours? Kids home sick in an undesirable environment, trying to recover, needing food or fluids? How do we handle these type situations?

There is way more to this school reopening than folks are looking at. The guidelines are for health safety, I'm not sure anyone, other than teachers are looking at the big picture.

MOO....
It's concerning. Teachers should not require a dual degree in social work and education. Oh, and now a third degree in covid public health.

They should make more money than anyone on the planet.

It's concerning. Teachers should not require a dual degree in social work and education. Oh, and now a third degree in covid public health.

They should make more money than anyone on the planet.

My wife works in a school. It's unbelievable what they go through, and as a para-educator she would make more, per year, if she worked in fast food. I can't imaging what it will be like when parents drop their kids off at the curb and then start suing everyone in sight if the child contracts the virus.

In the good news department...for a change. We’ve talked a lot about some churches who have had large gatherings despite state mandated limits. Here’s an opposite arrangement done on short notice. No matter ones beliefs, IMO this is an outstanding example of how not gathering in person can be done.

From the link:

The Jehovah’s Witnesses have canceled their large-scale in-person annual three-day conventions around the world.

It's the first time since 1897 that the Witnesses will not hold their in-person conventions. Instead, they will meet online.

On July 11, Jehovah’s Witnesses will launch their first online convention, entitled “Always Rejoice!” The event, parts of which will be pre-recorded, will be released in segments over six weekends in July and August.

The convention will be free to stream and available in over 360 languages at jw.org.
<snip>

In total, the 2019 conventions attracted over 14.1 million attendees from across the globe, including millions who are not members of the Witnesses, according to an email from Jehovah's Witnesses spokesperson Jarrod Lopes. Worldwide there are 8.6 million Jehovah's Witnesses.

“The decision to hold our conventions online was not made lightly. Millions of people benefit from these public gatherings, which are always free of charge, around the world each year,” said Lopes. “But in the interest of public health and safety, it was clear that canceling our gatherings was the right course, even in places where they would have been permitted. Our Creator values life highly, and we believe this arrangement honors that high standard.”
BBM

Jehovah’s Witnesses move global conventions online amid COVID-19 pandemic

Jehovah’s Witnesses cancel in-person conventions globally, first time in religion’s history | KLAS

Last edited:
Coronavirus in Houston, state ‘is out of control,' Mayor Turner says

“Mayor Sylvester Turner said the coronavirus pandemic in Houston and in Texas is out of control and that Houstonians actions in the next few weeks were critical to slowing the spread of the deadly virus.”
I think the major cities in Texas are headed back to shut down. They've been saying things are getting critical for a while now, yet things just get more critical every day because people will not listen. It's happening in SC, too.

Our gov kept saying today, "We've said it a 100 times..." Does he think saying it a 100 more times is going to help if people didn't listen the 1st 100 times? :confused:

Same for Houston.

I think we should be ready and prepared to go back into lockdown at any time going forward over the next months, jmo.

Yeah I wasn’t going to say it.
I keep a 30 day stock of everything. 90 days for prescriptions. And a lot of cash. It's even more imperative now with what looks to be a busy hurricane season, as well.

You're like me - we're just sitting here (maybe biting our nails) and watching the numbers go up. We'll be very close to where we were yesterday - and I wonder if that will just stay our plateau for weeks to come.

We are up to a 14.6% positivity rate in my county. I just spent 4.5 hours in my small office with two clients doing a zoom mediation. Ugh. We were all wearing masks but it worries me. Client was sighing heavily a couple times.

I think the major cities in Texas are headed back to shut down. They've been saying things are getting critical for a while now, yet things just get more critical every day because people will not listen. It's happening in SC, too.

Our gov kept saying today, "We've said it a 100 times..." Does he think saying it a 100 more times is going to help if people didn't listen the 1st 100 times? :confused:

Same for Houston.

The inconsistency among and within government leaders has created this problem. Instead of creating an environment of- “We are in this together. We can all work together like good, responsible citizens and eat this thing! Here are the clear guidelines for how to stop the spread...”

Instead, they’ve created confusion and divisiveness.

Now when the you know what it hitting the fan they can’t truly expect the population to go along like lemmings.

I’d like to look into this more. (Or not)
I went down that rabbit hole yesterday. The pneumonia they are talking about started in January and is not testing positive for covid. They think it's a virus, but have not isolated it yet.

Or maybe they just have ratched covid tests with high error rates. Could be. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025