Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I'm good.

Was having my coffee when the house started to sway North to South. It was 8:08 AM. I knew immediately, as this is my fourth.

I just smiled and thought what next....

This past week, torrential rain from the hurricane, two tornados and now a quake.

Yes, what next??

We North Carolinians can also say we had a hurricane, tornadoes, and an earthquake in one week. I felt the shaking this morning and at first thought DH must be stomping around or something, but then realized it must be an earthquake. I reported my experience feeling the quake to the USGS.

I remember the 2011 earthquake that occurred in Virginia. I was on a conference call with Northern VA co-workers when they all started exclaiming excitedly, and I heard the word "earthquake." And soon after, I felt it roll through the house.

Oddly, DH didn't notice either earthquake!

*swearie words*

She ought to be flipping jailed for this if she recovers. "
A shameless woman turned up to get her nails done two days after testing positive for coronavirus - and only told staff she lied about being Covid-free when she got home.

She said she was in 'desperate need' of the manicure, less than 48 hours after finding out the terrible news."

Woman tests positive for Covid-19 - then gets nails done as she was 'desperate'

What the heck? This type of behavior is inexcusable. The narcissism displayed here is so impossibly epic, I really need to save it for an example.

Then go home for breaks and spread the virus to mom, dad, grandparents.

On campus housing is always a problem. Only available to freshman. Most of the dorms do not have AC, fans run 24/7 and rooms are like an oven, even with the cool mountain breeze. In winter its centralized heating. Rooms are about the size of my walk in closet, few private bathrooms, most all stalls with 12 or more showers/ toilets.

They'll have herd immunity before Thanksgiving break.

VT community is strong and we really pull together, have a bond. Pulling for my alma mater. Hoping and praying for the best.

Moo...

Yes, what next??

We North Carolinians can also say we had a hurricane, tornadoes, and an earthquake in one week. I felt the shaking this morning and at first thought DH must be stomping around or something, but then realized it must be an earthquake. I reported my experience feeling the quake to the USGS.

I remember the 2011 earthquake that occurred in Virginia. I was on a conference call with Northern VA co-workers when they all started exclaiming excitedly, and I heard the word "earthquake." And soon after, I felt it roll through the house.

Oddly, DH didn't notice either earthquake!

I was in my sunroom, the entire house swayed, I could see the deck moving. That one lasted a long time and lots of aftershocks. It was very near the N Anna Nuclear Power Plant. Then the crack and leak at the plant.

ETA..I reported my experience to USGS, too :cool:

Last edited:
As if. They won't let anyone who is not NZ citizen in right now. Actually not many countries would let someone from the US in right now.
I think that Ireland is allowing Americans but they have to quarantine for 14 days after arrival. Tour operators are asking to see their passports for date of arrival and proof that they hade done the quarantine. Some say they were unaware of that condition, but immigration are telling them as they come through.

Children Can Get Severe COVID-19, CDC Says — Especially Black And Hispanic Children

Hispanic and Black children in particular were much more likely to require hospitalization for COVID-19, with Hispanic children about eight times as likely as white children to be hospitalized, while Black children were five times as likely.

Despite persistent rumors that children are "almost immune" from the virus, the analysis of 576 children hospitalized for the virus across 14 states found that one out of three was admitted to the ICU — similar to the rate among adults. Almost 1 in 5 of those were infants younger than 3 months. The most common symptoms included fever and chills, inability to eat, nausea and vomiting.

After our morning earthquake, I headed to Target for school shopping with the grandkids. We all suited up, only touched items we were buying and had a great time.

Target had disposable mask and EVERYONE had on a mask. I notice 40% were using the free target mask, businesses that have mask available do make a difference!! Hand sanitizer at entrance, display counters, checkout.

It was so wonderful to be in a store, everyone mask up.

Lovely video of a story I posted the other day about a Sydney woman who took her 87 year old mother out of aged care and home to live with her with help from other family members.

That is great. My best friend had her mother with Alzheimers live with her for several years, she eventually had to put her in nursing home, because although her mind was almost gone, she was still physically quite fit and would run away down the street in her nightgown, looking for her small children. It broke my friend's heart and she still bashes herself up about it.

I've never had one either. I do like my nails to look neat, and natural. Nothing stick on.
If one breaks, which isn't very often I like to fix it right away. If I break one when I'm out I do feel uncomfortable and my friend used to say he'll "call for an ambulance" lol.
I like being able to do things myself, and nails are simple really.
I also cut and colour my own hair, after a couple of salon disasters who did the opposite of what I asked for. I've had people ask where I get my hair done, so I can't be doing that bad a job of it.
I still have the Covid look hairstyle. Hasn't been this long for ages and I quite like it because of the cold weather and it looks nice under my russian faux fur hat. But I do plan to cut and colour it soon. Feel like a change, and not the covid feel where nothing changes like Groundhog Day.

Yes, I must live a very deprived life. I have never had a manicure in my life. I suspect she means to get those stick on nails that look like bird beaks to me.

Oh for heaven's sake, couldn't she just tidy them up herself with nail clippers and a file.

You know, I just don't understand this type of thinking. Granted, prior to Covid, I had self care appointments, hair stylist, nails, pedicures, massages, skin care, facials, waxing, tanning, and on...it really sounds vain!

Since March, not one appointment for things that used to be so important. NADA. And I can't imagine doing those things now. Forget it. I cut my own hair now. And everything else.

The gal who I used to schedule appointments with called me, to schedule an appointment. I told her, no. She tried to tell me how "safe" it is, sterile, sanitary...obviously it is her career. Then, she tried to guilt trip me into scheduling an appointment or buying someone a gift card.

Sorry she needs business. But it is my health! No thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025