Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - that campground has only two sets of restrooms AND you should look at some of the shots from last night's party.

Sheesh.

But there were portaloos everywhere too plus those enormous RV's will have their own facilities too. These campgrounds are open. The state itself is open and people can travel there. I don't see your point. Should people not be travelling at all? If so, then the US states should ban it. They haven't. This state has made a decision the rally should go on with modifications. I have looked at the live videos. I posted the link. What are you actually saying you want to see happen?

I'm not sure how comparable the two drugs are. Hydroxychloroquine showed inhibition of viral replication after three days. Ivermectin actually killed the virus within 48 hrs.

Links included in conversation above.

No, I don't know either but just wanted to point out that what happens in vitro is very different than what happens in a live body. Eg. The amounts needed in a human could be harmful. Ivermectin is a horse wormer and I have used it as such a lot. You have to dose per kg and a double dose for tapeworm.

They will have to trial it in vivo now unless they have already done that.

Last edited:
Has this been posted?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nyc-councilman-credits-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid-19-recovery

NYC Councilman Paul Vallone credits Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 recovery
By Jon Levine

August 8, 2020 | 8:52am | Updated

200808-paul-vallone-hydroxychlorquine.jpg

City Councilman Paul ValloneErik Thomas
Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

A Democratic New York City Councilman says hydroxychloroquine saved his life after a near-fatal run-in with COVID-19 in March.

Paul Vallone, who represents northeast Queens, took the drug along with a standard Z-pack — given for bacterial infections — and came back from the brink almost immediately.

“I couldn’t breathe, very weak, couldn’t get out of bed. My doctor prescribed it. My pharmacy had it. Took it that day and within two to three days I was able to breathe,” Vallone told The Post. “Within a week I was back on my feet.”

Continued at link.

Speaking for myself, I found what I call the "intellectual dishonesty" surrounding all of this to be unbearable. The very first thing we encountered, in March, was a Two Week lock down. I knew it would be longer, but had friends who were making plans to meet at the bar on April 1. Two months later we "reopened," only to then have bars and gyms reclosed with no deadline, no metrics, no plan of action to reopen. My state went from worst in the nation to first - the authorities are crediting masks and the above mentioned closures. I don't know about anyone else, but I saw masks everywhere before the mandate and every restaurant with a bar is packed like it's New Year's Eve. So whatever is causing the decline in numbers isn't masks and bar closures. In fact, our R0 was in decline two weeks before the actions, so if anything caused the improvement it was probably the extreme summer heat. I know too many people that were exposed, had symptoms and tested negative to put much faith in whatever testing is taking place here. Everyone I know who did test positive got better. I could go on, but there is live music tonight that I don't want to miss.

Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question. It just feels very strange to be in a State that has gone from one extreme to the other when nothing has really changed, in terms of behavior. The people in my social circle have been living through this, as well, and they are all just as confused about who to trust anymore.
Perhaps kids in school pass it on much more than is realised. With them not being at school mingling with each other, it has gone down. It sure is a mystery. Our schools went back before breaking for the summer holiday but there has been no uptick AFAICS. Perhaps the social distancing is working. Pubs have been open for about a month now and we still seem ok ATM. Hotels and caravan sites have opened too. (This is in Wales UK ). We are all waiting to see what happens this month now everyone is travelling all over the UK for holidays. Some more areas have been shut down but we are still very much open for business. Many of us are still being cautious and social distancing. We will have a better idea by the time schools go back in September.

BBM. Most of India has extreme heat all the time and they are not doing well at all. Australia's worst outbreaks were in the middle of an extremely long and hot summer. Brazil also had the start of the virus in a hot summer.

India are doing pretty Ok.

COVID-19 Deaths Per Million In India Among Lowest In World: Centre

Australia and Brazil's pandemic began at the end of their summers. March for Australia and May for Brazil.

There is also some evidence sunlight (UV) kills the virus.

Hot weather could cut spread of Covid-19 as sunlight 'kills bug in 34 minutes'

No, I don't know either but just wanted to point out that what happens in vitro is very different than what happens in a live body. Eg. The amounts needed in a human could be harmful. Ivermectin is a horse wormer and I have used it as such a lot. You have to dose per kg and a double dose for tapeworm.

Yes, Ivermectin can be harmful if used at toxic doses. It damages the retina and can cause blindness, plus toxic doses can cause some nerve disorders. But at safe doses, it is a widely used anti-parasitic as a topical and I.M. injectable, in both humans and animals, plus it's cheap, so if there is a way to safely get it to the lungs, then that will be very exciting. I've been watching developments with this drug since it was first mentioned back in February, hoping that a solution can be found. If there is a way to get it safely to the lungs, then will be a cure, not merely a treatment for the symptoms.

There is an Aussie company that is trying to develop a chip that can be incorporated in a passport ... a covid chip that would allow more freedom of travel. I am sure there a lot of various points that would need to be worked out, as well as airlines and hotels allowing travel adjustments if a person falls ill ... but it is a start. :)

At the forefront is Australian company ShareRing, which just launched the first contact-tracing passport. The app can be integrated with e-visa systems, travel insurance, airlines, hotels and tourist attractions.
CEO Tim Boss said the company is currently in talks with several governments about using the technology, which would work as a COVID-19 passport.

Travellers’ “proof of health” is tied safely to a QR code which is scanned by airports, hotels or shops to reveal the status of their test, allowing for more freedom of movement and interaction with customers.

“When you want to travel you do a test to make sure you’re not COVID-19 positive at an authorised centre,” Mr Boss said.

“They would scan the app and in-put the details when they want to travel and the government and tourism board would approve it,” he said.
“Basically, wherever they go, tourist hot spot or large shopping centre, they would scan the QR code, it’ll flash red, amber or green.
International travel hope pushed along by Australian app

Thanks for clearing the positive test results with no actual test question I had. I really was wondering what is going on. I don't know why anyone would want to make stuff up like that when this is such a horrible thing people are going through.

It's hard to imagine. But I guess it's the same caliber of people who knock down old ladies, spit on children, harass store employees and sometimes shoot them all over their personal hysteria over a "plandemic".

In a normal school years, we see our schools close once or twice during the flu season. They close Thursday and Friday, deep clean. Kids and teachers are over the regular flu in just a few days.
I can’t remember closing schools here for the flu, there were several daycares that did.

OT - hope you’re ok, heard there was a 5.1 earthquake near the VA line (Sparta NC) around 8am this morning.

Coronavirus: 'Urgent appeal' for pub customers to isolate after COVID-19 outbreak linked to barbecue

Customers at a pub in the West Midlands have been told to self-isolate after an outbreak of coronavirus was linked to a barbecue at the venue.

Around 70 people attended the barbecue at The Soho Foundry Tavern in Smethwick last Sunday and three have since tested positive for COVID-19, Sandwell Council said.

The pub closed voluntarily on Thursday following the confirmed coronavirus cases.
Oh no. 70 people inside?
Not outside so they could social distance?
:(

First there was this:
“A couple hours ago the principle sent out this message (attaches down below) regarding athletes/students that have been tested positive for COVID-19, hours before the first day of school tomorrow, August 3,” a student. “They expect us to be in school with dozens of students with confirmed cases.”
Day before metro Atlanta school set to open, principal reports COVID-19 cases on football team
Then there was this:
8c97544d-3eb6-4c60-a856-42bfe8a7d1c1-AP_Virus_Outbreak_School_Photos_.jpg

COVID: Georgia student no longer suspended after posting photo
And now there is this:
Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Nicole Carr got a copy of the letter. Principal Gabe Carmona wrote that six students and three staff members who were in school last week have since reported positive tests for COVID-19.

The school district has not announced if students who were exposed will have to quarantine and have not given any notice about shutting down classrooms.
Days after photos of packed hallways go viral, Paulding high school reports 9 COVID-19 cases

It's not magical thinking. Some people live where masks are not needed and so they are not worn. Sturgis is one of those places. I live in a place that is similar and we have hundreds visiting every day, no masks needed unless you want to wear one. In Sturgis there is a guy doing drone shots of the campground he is at as well as other areas of the rally and the area is very rural and spread out. It probably wouldn't be allowed to post on here but gives a good idea of the surrounding area.

Re: "Some people live where masks are not needed and so they are not worn. Sturgis is one of those places."

I don't see an exception for Sturgis at the following link

South Dakota Department of Health:
Everyone should wear a cloth face covering when in public settings
(Bolding by South Dakota Department of Health)

Coronavirus updates and information

The precautions reduce the risk, not eliminate it entirely. People should understand that and I think that they do, but do not want to admit it.

Here is the problem as I see it: Young people are causing this huge surge in cases with gatherings: be these gatherings be proms, graduations, house parties, gathering in bars, restaurants- these young people simply do not care because they believe (and for the most part they are correct) they will not get sick at all, and if they do, it will be mild. they do not think about spread because they are selfish- i don't know what you do to stop this- even if they close public places like bars, these selfish young people will continue to gather in whatever manner they feel like it. Oh, and they gather without masks or social distancing.

Sweet Jesus...might as well start handing out the ketamine too...imo

Re: "Some people live where masks are not needed and so they are not worn. Sturgis is one of those places."

I don't see an exception for Sturgis at the following link

South Dakota Department of Health:
Everyone should wear a cloth face covering when in public settings
(Bolding by South Dakota Department of Health)

I am going by this.

Does Your State Have a Mask Mandate Due to Coronavirus?

South Dakota
Statewide order: No

The South Dakota Department of Health recommends “wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."

Last edited:
There is an Aussie company that is trying to develop a chip that can be incorporated in a passport ... a covid chip that would allow more freedom of travel. I am sure there a lot of various points that would need to be worked out, as well as airlines and hotels allowing travel adjustments if a person falls ill ... but it is a start. :)

At the forefront is Australian company ShareRing, which just launched the first contact-tracing passport. The app can be integrated with e-visa systems, travel insurance, airlines, hotels and tourist attractions.
CEO Tim Boss said the company is currently in talks with several governments about using the technology, which would work as a COVID-19 passport.

Travellers’ “proof of health” is tied safely to a QR code which is scanned by airports, hotels or shops to reveal the status of their test, allowing for more freedom of movement and interaction with customers.

“When you want to travel you do a test to make sure you’re not COVID-19 positive at an authorised centre,” Mr Boss said.

“They would scan the app and in-put the details when they want to travel and the government and tourism board would approve it,” he said.
“Basically, wherever they go, tourist hot spot or large shopping centre, they would scan the QR code, it’ll flash red, amber or green.

This is what they are using now in China. It is an app on your cell phone. If you go to a grocery store and at the door it flashes red, you can't get in. It is used everywhere. The only way to get it to flash green after that, is to be tested and have a negative result, and the authorities will change your status. You use this to get on a bus, shop, go to work, everywhere.

This is what they are using now in China. It is an app on your cell phone. If you go to a grocery store and at the door it flashes red, you can't get in. It is used everywhere. The only way to get it to flash green after that, is to be tested and have a negative result, and the authorities will change your status. You use this to get on a bus, shop, go to work, everywhere.

Exactly.

There is a difference between required and needed

Masks in Sturgis, South Dakota are needed
They are not required

My common sense is my source

Ok I misunderstood you to be saying they were mandatory. So they are doing nothing illegal. If they can social distance that should work. This is like where I live. They are only mandatory on public transport here in Wales ( because social distancing cannot be maintained ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018