Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdoch Mysteries Season 14 is currently under production. If you are interested in how they are doing this while observing the Public Health recommendations, you might be interested in this interview with Yannick Bisson. <3

Some take away words ... masking, bubbles, crowd scenes, intimate scenes, protocols, consultants, assurance, pandemic themes.

Dr. Box, Indiana State Health Commissioner, positive for COVID

Indiana State Health Commissioner Dr. Kristina Box on Wednesday said she has tested positive for COVID-19.

Box said via phone during the weekly coronavirus update with Gov. Eric Holcomb that she does not have symptoms but has tested positive. She said her daughter and 23-month-old grandson have also tested positive for the virus.

Box, 62, told listeners that her grandson came home from daycare last Friday with what appeared to be a cold, which his mother later got over the weekend.

All three tested positive for the virus, and Box's daughter and grandson are "mildly symptomatic," she said.

Indiana State Health Commissioner, Family Test Positive for COVID-19

“Box explained that she and her husband have been seeing extended family since March for family dinners or "sitting out back and enjoying the fire pit."

“From the beginning of this pandemic, my husband David and I have included in our kind of social bubble, family bubble our four grown children and their spouses, three of which live here in town, and our 23-month-old grandson Liam," Box said.

The health official said she and her husband's exposure has been "very, very limited" and that they are careful about wearing masks, along with social distancing due to their age.

Box said her grandson goes to an outside, home daycare, where she explained he was picked up Friday with a cold.”

————-
That’s a large social bubble with a lot of variables.
Four grown children plus their spouses and a 2 year old in an “outside” daycare.

Last edited:
It is a Cantonese large range of small dishes that the Cantonese traditionally enjoy for breakfast or lunch. It is very popular in the U.S. as well. Chinese from northern China (Beijing) have it for the first time when they come to the U.S., they have never seen it before.

Most larger US cities have a China District, and you can always find dim sum ........ or you could before anyway.

I am soon traveling 1 state over from me and will need to visit grocery stores to get supplies. That state’s masking requirements are different than my state. Does anyone know how I can find out if I will still be permitted to wear a mask into establishments there even though it isn’t required? I am not comfortable going anywhere without a mask.

I can't imagine any store not permitting a customer to wear a mask

On October 13 the White House confirmed that it is embracing what the Los Angeles Times editorial board calls the “let people die” strategy in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. The strategy involves deliberately letting the novel coronavirus rip through the population while attempting to shield the most vulnerable, such as the elderly and those with pre-existing health conditions.

From a public health and ethical viewpoint, the fact that the Great Barrington Declaration is now the Trump administration’s official policy is deeply troubling. The declaration, says Gregg Gonsalves, an epidemiologist at Yale University, has “shocked and dismayed the vast majority of people working in public health and clinical medicine.”

For a start, no pandemic has ever been controlled by deliberately letting the infection spread unchecked in the hope that people become immune.

Allowing millions more Americans to get COVID-19 would also be devastating for the U.S. economy. An economy cannot be healthy if its population is sick.

The White House Wants to Achieve Herd Immunity By Letting the Virus Rip. That is Dangerous and Inhumane.

Another misleading MSM headline that quotes the New York Times article that says the same thing, both misrepresenting the Barrington Declaration that does not advocate for herd immunity, I posted on this yesterday, this article just regurgitates the New York Times misinformation. They also misrepresent the White House's position when they have never advocated herd immunity.

Read the Barrington Declaration for yourself at Great Barrington Declaration and Petition

Tucker Carlson responds to CDC after agency critiques commentary about mask-wearing

During his commentary, Carlson cited a study conducted by 11 medical institutions that analyzed a group of people who tested positive for coronavirus during the month of July. The study found that among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had "always" worn a mask over the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had "often" worn a mask.

In a statement issued to Fox News on Wednesday, a CDC spokesperson wrote that "social media postings citing a table in an MMWR published September 11, 2020, suggest that CDC’s face mask guidance is failing to prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 because study participants had indicated having worn masks often and still contracted COVID-19.

The statement added, "CDC guidance on masks has clearly stated that wearing a mask is intended to protect other people in case the mask wearer is infected. At no time has CDC guidance suggested that masks were intended to protect the wearers."

I am surprised that the CDC is saying this week that masks are not intended to protect the wearers, but only to protect other people in case the mask wearer is infected.

"At no time has CDC guidance suggested that masks were intended to protect the wearers."

We must not have been reading the same article. The crime against humanity is not about pursuing a vaccine, but against leaving a vulnerable population exposed to a deadly virus.

Crime against humanity means [...] acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack: Inhumane acts intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention and the Responsibility to Protect

The Barrington Declaration advocates for focused protection during the pandemic rather than total shutdowns, so it agrees with your quote about protecting the vulnerable. The White House is advocating for the same, protecting the vulnerable, and opening society where you can, lockdowns for hotspots, but not for everyone, while protecting the vulnerable. So there is no "crime against humanity" in any of these positions.
Just clickbait by MSM who have their own agenda.

I am soon traveling 1 state over from me and will need to visit grocery stores to get supplies. That state’s masking requirements are different than my state. Does anyone know how I can find out if I will still be permitted to wear a mask into establishments there even though it isn’t required? I am not comfortable going anywhere without a mask.
In the US? I would wear a mask no matter what state I’m in or visiting. I’m not aware of a state that would prohibit you from wearing a mask?

I'm confused. We can get the shingles vaccination in my state prior to 65. Is there a shortage this year?

Both my husband and I got the shingles vaccine a few years ago, but now there is a new vaccine (requires two shots months apart) and they recommend that you get this vaccine with the two shots for better and longer protection, even if you had the earlier vaccine that was provided a few years ago. We plan to get the first shot of the new vaccine this month.

I'm confused. We can get the shingles vaccination in my state prior to 65. Is there a shortage this year?
I’ve been asking my primary care physician for a few years if I could get the pneumonia vaccine and she said it’s reserved for those over 65 years of age or for those with immune comprised health issues.

I asked at CVS and they said insurance would not pay for pneumonia unless I was 65 and the cost was over $200 without insurance.

The shingles vaccine cost was $280 without insurance.

We need to move the cheese... to educate others that a mask is not a stand alone! I believe most here get it.

MOO

management-covid19-model-virus-swisscheese-original.jpeg

https://img.grepmed.com/uploads/10555/management-covid19-model-virus-swisscheese-original.jpeg
Yeah, it doesn't matter if I wear a mask all day if I also constantly push my hair back with unwashed hands, rub my eyes, never disinfect my steering wheel and gear shift, take my mask off in the car and then maybe touch my nose, etc. There are a million other ways to get it.

I don't think it's "not permitted" to wear a mask anywhere right now. Plus, I was wearing one in the beginning before any mandates.

The Barrington Declaration advocates for focused protection during the pandemic rather than total shutdowns, so it agrees with your quote about protecting the vulnerable. The White House is advocating for the same, protecting the vulnerable, and opening society where you can, lockdowns for hotspots, but not for everyone, while protecting the vulnerable. So there is no "crime against humanity" in any of these positions.
Just clickbait by MSM who have their own agenda.

I'd like to hear clarification from the source. Is Dr. Johnny Bananas available for comment?

I’ve been asking my primary care physician for a few years if I could get the pneumonia vaccine and she said it’s reserved for those over 65 years of age or for those with immune comprised health issues.

I asked at CVS and they said insurance would not pay for pneumonia unless I was 65 and the cost was over $200 without insurance.

The shingles vaccine cost was $280 without insurance.

Oh, gotcha. My husband was able to get the pneumonia vaccine prior to age 65 because he basically got the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia every year. Thank heavens the vaccinations stopped that. We have insurance, though.

Another misleading MSM headline that quotes the New York Times article that says the same thing, both misrepresenting the Barrington Declaration that does not advocate for herd immunity, I posted on this yesterday, this article just regurgitates the New York Times misinformation. They also misrepresent the White House's position when they have never advocated herd immunity.

Read the Barrington Declaration for yourself at Great Barrington Declaration and Petition

I have read it. A few times now. You are having difficulty with how the Press works. I am having problems with how theoretical the Great Barrington document really is. And the purpose of getting all these signatures is not anything to do with the science and mysteries of covid and herd immunity... It is a way to get their short theoretical document seen, and signed by every Dick and Harry on the Internet. So, it is ALL just press coverage.

I am truly trying to understand when and if we can attempt to achieve herd immunity, but this document, whose claim is Focused Protection. Focused Protection is THEIR ANSWER, to obtaining herd immunity.

In all due respect, this is what we ARE trying to do........loads of kids are in school... Loads of us retirees just stay home.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

Really??? ALL populations reach herd immunity?? In 10 Months? OR 10 years?

We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

We must not have been reading the same article. The crime against humanity is not about pursuing a vaccine, but against leaving a vulnerable population exposed to a deadly virus.

Crime against humanity means [...] acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack: Inhumane acts intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention and the Responsibility to Protect

This is right from the declaration, protecting the vulnerable:

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove