Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised that the CDC is saying this week that masks are not intended to protect the wearers, but only to protect other people in case the mask wearer is infected.

"At no time has CDC guidance suggested that masks were intended to protect the wearers."

It is difficult to fully follow the stance of the CDC IMO. Luckily I just have to follow whatever the individual nation in the UK is advocating. At present our government is discussing lockdowns and circuit breakers.

I have read it. A few times now. You are having difficulty with how the Press works. I am having problems with how theoretical the Great Barrington document really is. And the purpose of getting all these signatures is not anything to do with the science and mysteries of covid and herd immunity... It is a way to get their short theoretical document seen, and signed by every Dick and Harry on the Internet. So, it is ALL just press coverage.

I am truly trying to understand when and if we can attempt to achieve herd immunity, but this document, whose claim is Focused Protection. Focused Protection is THEIR ANSWER, to obtaining herd immunity.

In all due respect, this is what we ARE trying to do........loads of kids are in school... Loads of us retirees just stay home.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

Really??? ALL populations reach herd immunity?? In 10 Months? OR 10 years?

We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

oh, yeah I forgot to add this one...and this is rather insulting....... so retirees--so is that 60, 55,70--just "good ol retirees" are to isolate and give up life in general, until some mysterious herd immunity is achieved--10, 20 years????

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

I have read it. A few times now. You are having difficulty with how the Press works. I am having problems with how theoretical the Great Barrington document really is. And the purpose of getting all these signatures is not anything to do with the science and mysteries of covid and herd immunity... It is a way to get their short theoretical document seen, and signed by every Dick and Harry on the Internet. So, it is ALL just press coverage.

I am truly trying to understand when and if we can attempt to achieve herd immunity, but this document, whose claim is Focused Protection. Focused Protection is THEIR ANSWER, to obtaining herd immunity.

In all due respect, this is what we ARE trying to do........loads of kids are in school... Loads of us retirees just stay home.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

oh, yeah I forgot to add this one...and this is rather insulting....... so retirees--so is that 60, 55,70--just "good ol retirees" are to isolate and give up life in general, until some mysterious herd immunity is achieved--10, 20 years
The Barrington Declaration advocates for focused protection during the pandemic rather than total shutdowns, so it agrees with your quote about protecting the vulnerable. The White House is advocating for the same, protecting the vulnerable, and opening society where you can, lockdowns for hotspots, but not for everyone, while protecting the vulnerable. So there is no "crime against humanity" in any of these positions.
Just clickbait by MSM who have their own agenda.

????

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

I am surprised that the CDC is saying this week that masks are not intended to protect the wearers, but only to protect other people in case the mask wearer is infected.

"At no time has CDC guidance suggested that masks were intended to protect the wearers."

It is difficult to fully follow the stance of the CDC IMO. Luckily I just have to follow whatever the individual nation in the UK is advocating. At present our government is discussing lockdowns and circuit breakers. A few months ago it was the traffic light system and whack a mole.

It really all depends how quickly the vaccine is rolled out. The challenge trials and protect the vulnerable are strategies to get to that point. My doctor's surgery told me "we're not shielding any more" and I queried it. This was only last week I was told this. I told her I didn't think that was correct. She was wrong basically IMO.

This is right from the declaration, protecting the vulnerable:

moo moo I would love herd immunity, and I would LOVE to have the best focused protection since I do qualify. It ain't goon happen.

So, does that mean the BEST treatments go to the retirees?
So, does this say just how we are going to fix our long existing lthc issues--by paying all those staff what they deserve?
A list of measures CAN be implemented?

This declaration is really nothing more than an academic theoretical exercise moved into social media.

We are nowhere ready to advance to their pie-in-the-sky answers, imo

oh, yeah I forgot to add this one...and this is rather insulting....... so retirees--so is that 60, 55,70--just "good ol retirees" are to isolate and give up life in general, until some mysterious herd immunity is achieved--10, 20 years????

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

They include the vaccine as part of the herd immunity, and acknowledge it's a part of the solution.

Basically right now, everyone is expected to give up life in general until a vaccination is available. I'm not sure why protecting the vulnerable upsets people so much.

moo moo I would love herd immunity, and I would LOVE to have the best focused protection since I do qualify. It ain't goon happen.

So, does this say just how we are going to fix our long existing lthc issues--by paying all those staff what they deserve?

This declaration is really nothing more than an academic theoretical exercise moved into social media.

They have already said that over 65's will be one of the priority groups for the vaccine as they are the ones most at risk. We all know this. This is nothing to do with health care or health insurance. Silly Billy has been clear about this.

BBM. I honestly don't know. The declaration doesn't mention what they imagine treatment for retirees to be. JMO

Another misleading MSM headline that quotes the New York Times article that says the same thing, both misrepresenting the Barrington Declaration that does not advocate for herd immunity, I posted on this yesterday, this article just regurgitates the New York Times misinformation. They also misrepresent the White House's position when they have never advocated herd immunity.

Read the Barrington Declaration for yourself at Great Barrington Declaration and Petition

People on there from USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Israel, India, Sweden I see, from the list provided.

Here's a BBC link about it too.

Coronavirus: Health experts join global anti-lockdown movement

Last edited:

No vaccine. No herd immunity.
Focused Protection, sounds great. Define.

No vaccine. No herd immunity.
Focused Protection, sounds great. Define.
That's not what it is saying. Did you read the BBC article I just posted?

Anyway, there appears to be anti lockdown protests everywhere suddenly. This is one led by Piers Corbyn, brother of the ex Leader of the opposition. There are others too, I will add links.

Sheffield

Piers Corbyn leads anti-lockdown protest in Sheffield and brands Covid-19 a 'hoax'

Cardiff (Piers Corbyn again)

Piers Corbyn addresses crowds at protest against masks, vaccinations and 5G | Daily Mail Online

Manchester reportedly refuses to go on a tier 3 lockdown.

"An announcement from Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham was expected this morning at 11 am but it was reportedly postponed because no decision was made yet. Important talks are now expected between the UK government and the city of Manchester, that remains under a second-tier lockdown.

What is a three-tier lockdown?
At the beginning of the month, the UK government had warned a three-tier lockdown would have to be put in places if covid cases continued to rise in the country, and that is what is slowly starting to happen. A three-tier lockdown means pubs and restaurants would be closed and social contact outside household bubbles would be banned. These are the basic rules of a lockdown system as stated in the ‘Covid-19 Proposed Social Distancing Framework’ plan, which includes three levels:

• Level 3 – No social contact with anyone outside your household in any setting; hospitality and leisure businesses closed; amateur sports and hobbies banned.
  • Level 2 – No social contact in private homes or gardens outside your bubbles; avoid visiting care homes; only make essential journeys.
  • Level 1 – ‘Rule of six‘ for gatherings; wear face masks in shops and pubs and on transport; 10pm curfew on hospitality; 15 people at weddings, 30 at funerals.
However, the restrictions will probably continue to be altered. "

Covid, Manchester refused three-tier lockdown | NewsHub.co.uk

Madrid

Madrid's roads are brought to a standstill by anti-lockdown protesters | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Dr. Fauci on Fall Covid Surge

The U.S. is averaging nearly 50,000 new coronavirus cases everyday. Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, joins Shepard Smith to talk about the seriousness of Covid-19 as we head into the Fall.

The United States is “facing a whole lot of trouble” as coronavirus cases continue to surge across the country heading into the cold winter months.

video GMA
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1316713579979177991

3:46

Oh, gotcha. My husband was able to get the pneumonia vaccine prior to age 65 because he basically got the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia every year. Thank heavens the vaccinations stopped that. We have insurance, though.
That’s good he was able to get them!
Insurance dictates it and neither one (United Healthcare or BCBS) allowed me to get pneumonia or shingles shot since I had no other respiratory or pulmonary issues like COPD, bronchiectatis, etc.
Over 65 is no problem. I was just wanting to get them since I’m around my parents. Who gets them at no cost thru Medicare.

That’s good he was able to get them!
Insurance dictates it and neither one (United Healthcare or BCBS) allowed me to get pneumonia or shingles shot since I had no other respiratory or pulmonary issues like COPD, bronchiectatis, etc.
Over 65 is no problem. I was just wanting to get them since I’m around my parents. Who gets them at no cost thru Medicare.

That's a bummer. We have Anthem. My husband opted to keep it at retirement so I have good insurance, too. I've got a ways to go before I get my own Medicare.

This is right from the declaration, protecting the vulnerable:

"Focused protection" rather than full societal lockdowns is what Governor DeWine in Ohio is advocating as well, and has been advocating since March. It is the approach we are basically taking in Ohio. You could call it the DeWine Declaration if you want to. Not every state is following this public heath strategy, but many are as they try to achieve some kind of balance with opening up the economy and protecting the vulnerable.

Last edited:
It is difficult to fully follow the stance of the CDC IMO. Luckily I just have to follow whatever the individual nation in the UK is advocating. At present our government is discussing lockdowns and circuit breakers. A few months ago it was the traffic light system and whack a mole.

It really all depends how quickly the vaccine is rolled out. The challenge trials and protect the vulnerable are strategies to get to that point. My doctor's surgery told me "we're not shielding any more" and I queried it. This was only last week I was told this. I told her I didn't think that was correct. She was wrong basically IMO.

Love your description of the "traffic light system" and whack a mole. That's what we are doing in Ohio.

What is meant by the the "circuit breaker" approach? Shut it all down? How is that different from lockdowns?

Oh oh.

Another link.

Sen. Kamala Harris cancels travel after communications director tests positive for coronavirus

"Campaign Manager Jen O'Malley Dillon identified the woman as Liz Allen. A non-flight staff crew member on the campaign also tested positive.

O'Malley Dillon said that Harris was not in close contact with either Allen or the other crew member during the two days prior to their positive tests; and as per CDC guidelines, there is no requirement for quarantine. Both people had attended personal events in the last week and per campaign protocol were tested when they returned to work. That's when the diagnoses was revealed.

Harris has taken two tests since Oct. 8, both of which came back negative, most recently on Wednesday, the campaign stated. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove