Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I found either, but did the list for all to have their own opinion.

IIRC way back... the antibacterial soaps were found to be a no no after they were at first very very popular, until they were not.

For myself, I'm a soap and water for the MOO proven 100% killing of a virus cell as the cheap and easy route. Yes, bacteria on your counters could be bad, but soap and water is the best for virus vs. bacteria as it dissolves very very quickly their lipid envelope and *poof* no longer is infective.

Soap itself is antibacterial by nature. I dunno why everyday people think they need hospital grade stuff anyway. Jmo

The unmasked child thing is worrisome. I've said before that children too young to be masked should probably not be in stores. With all the curbside delivery being offered now, I don't see any good excuse to take an unmasked child in a store where he/she can cough, grab items from shelves, etc.

My son and daughter-in-law "find it necessary" to take a flight over Thanksgiving with their 15 month old and 4 yr old. (You can infer my attitude.) The flight is about 4 1/2 hours if direct, but it is not direct - through Chicago. There would be no way I would do this, but plans are set in stone so there is nothing I can say.

Further, masks are required for ALL passengers. The 4 yr old is conditioned to wear a mask, but the 15 month old is not.

You are absolutely 100% correct: People look to our leaders (president and federal government) in a crisis of this type: try and imagine when Pearl Harbor was attacked and FDR told the states- "you are on your own"-- it is unthinkable that each state would have a different way of dealing with the situation. Our nation was under attack at that time and it is under attack now- though the attacker is unseen. An attack of this nature mandates the president and Federal Government implement a plan-- that plan would have included masks, social distancing and hand washing, and from the get-go most people (not all) would have accepted it. There will always be outliers-- but if people could trust the government they would follow their lead. It is way too late now to obtain cooperation from a certain segment of the population.

Yes. We are under attack from a foreign element just as surely as Pearl Harbor or 9/11. The difference, which many have a difficult time understanding, is the attack is not with military weapons nor from anything physical. We have more dead than from either attack, more casualties than from the Civil War, yet our country is not fighting the enemy, and it seems the enemy is taking a great toll on our people and economy.

If so many were dead from a military encounter, we, as a country, would never sit back and allow so many casualties or deaths so why are we doing so now? Why aren't we pulling out all stops to go after and expel this horrible invader from our shores?

Soap itself is antibacterial by nature. I dunno why everyday people think they need hospital grade stuff anyway. Jmo

MOO Soap is antiviral due to lipid envelope is dissolved. Bacteria have a different type of outer protection.. a cell wall that is not dissolved. But do agree, heck that even washing with mere water washes away 99% of the bacteria.

It's all about "claims" on the labels for folks... in which soap/water and 60/70% alcohol without high organic matter (poop, snot etc. encapsulating) will do best and is the gold standard which all are compared to.

MOO

I live in the surrounding Phoenix area and i see people without masks every time i go out

The only places i see consistent mask wearing is places that require masks for entrance

And even in those places, there is zero distancing by employees or customers with the exception of near the checkout where prompts are taped on the floor

People brush right by me like their mask is enough
It is not

And some people remove their mask the moment they exit, which means i am passing maskless people on my way into the store
(Actually, in and out of stores, i pause until a person passes)
But you get my drift

My experience

Last edited:
Yes. We are under attack from a foreign element just as surely as Pearl Harbor or 9/11. The difference, which many have a difficult time understanding, is the attack is not with military weapons nor from anything physical. We have more dead than from either attack, more casualties than from the Civil War, yet our country is not fighting the enemy, and it seems the enemy is taking a great toll on our people and economy.

If so many were dead from a military encounter, we, as a country, would never sit back and allow so many casualties or deaths so why are we doing so now? Why aren't we pulling out all stops to go after and expel this horrible invader from our shores?

Three words, well four: Appalling lack of leadership!

MOO Soap is antiviral due to lipid envelope is dissolved. Bacteria have a different type of outer protection.. a cell wall that is not dissolved. But do agree, heck that even washing with mere water washes away 99% of the bacteria.

It's all about "claims" on the labels for folks... in which soap/water and 60/70% alcohol without high organic matter (poop, snot etc. encapsulating) will do best and is the gold standard which all are compared to.

MOO

Which is why soap is antibacterial by nature. It washes it away. JMO

There's a lot about it to question. Now, we're seeing surges in places where they claimed the lockdowns got control.

Personally, I think it's traveling in ways other than via the air. I think it may be in the water systems, because they're testing for it (and finding it) in waste water. Does that mean an infected person's bodily fluids are infectious? So many chemicals are flushed down along with human waste and we've been told plain old soap and water, and hand sanitizer, quickly kill the virus. Why then is it surviving the trip down the sewage system and being found in the sewage treatment plants?

A bigger question for me is why--when this virus is still working its way around the globe--is China getting off easy? I know people will say it's because they locked down early, but China opened up again in March, which was VERY soon after the infections and their citizens have been traveling internationally but they still don't seem to catch covid. The US has had over a quarter-million deaths, while China has had less than 5,000. China has more than three times the population of the US, and their people are packed like sardines. Statistically, they should have well over a million deaths.

It's usually not live virus that they're finding in water, thankfully. However, it is true that live virions are excreted in feces (not urine). And it can survive in sewage for a few days. This has led to concern during widespread flooding. The following article is pretty new and won't be fully published until February:

Urban flooding events pose risks of virus spread during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic - ScienceDirect

It appears to be rare and two vectors have received attention (food borne and inhaled). I can't remember where it was that they found shared plumbing vents were transmitting live virus, but it was an apartment building ( I think it may have been in Wuhan ) and the virions lived for quite some time in the bathroom area.

COVID-19 Disease With Positive Fecal and Negative Pharyngeal and Sputum Viral Tests
Potential fecal transmission of SARS-CoV-2: Current evidence and implications for public health - ScienceDirect

There are other studies, but fortunately the sewer studies don't find virions (I'm saying "live" because it makes sense, I am one of those who considers viruses to be a life form, scientists are divided on the topic).

I found the apartment study!

ACP Journals

Please read this article which describes that the Obama administration left what is described as a "playbook" if and when a pandemic would come to our country.

Evidence Shows Obama Team Left A Pandemic ‘Game Plan’ For Trump Administration

It is a myth or rumor that the Federal Government is not set up to manage a pandemic. It is simply not true.

Exactly. And the Federal Government has exercised sweeping powers during past emergencies (think Pearl Harbor). Another great example is drug approval and drug enforcement.

It is a myth that the Federal Government has limited powers vis-a-vis states - whatever a state can legislate, Congress can legislate and what Governors do, the President can do. Federal powers are a matter of controversy, but they are sweeping and fully enabled to shut down borders, mandate masks, etc, etc.

Are we using cancer-causing agents in our hand sanitizer? Real question.

I'm not! Check your label to make sure it doesn't have acetaldehyde. Canada has warned it is a carcinogen if one frequently uses a sanitizer containing it.

My son and daughter-in-law "find it necessary" to take a flight over Thanksgiving with their 15 month old and 4 yr old. (You can infer my attitude.) The flight is about 4 1/2 hours if direct, but it is not direct - through Chicago. There would be no way I would do this, but plans are set in stone so there is nothing I can say.

Further, masks are required for ALL passengers. The 4 yr old is conditioned to wear a mask, but the 15 month old is not.

Wow, Trino. Through Chicago of all places. I do hope there is compliance on the plane (Delta seems to be really good about it, but I hear varying things about actual enforcement). Surely they will exempt the 15 month old? (Although other passengers may be very unhappy, so who knows?) If people bring snacks, I believe they are allowed to unmask while eating them (and some people are using that as an excuse not to wear their masks, of course).

There's a lot about it to question. Now, we're seeing surges in places where they claimed the lockdowns got control.

Personally, I think it's traveling in ways other than via the air. I think it may be in the water systems, because they're testing for it (and finding it) in waste water. Does that mean an infected person's bodily fluids are infectious? So many chemicals are flushed down along with human waste and we've been told plain old soap and water, and hand sanitizer, quickly kill the virus. Why then is it surviving the trip down the sewage system and being found in the sewage treatment plants?

A bigger question for me is why--when this virus is still working its way around the globe--is China getting off easy? I know people will say it's because they locked down early, but China opened up again in March, which was VERY soon after the infections and their citizens have been traveling internationally but they still don't seem to catch covid. The US has had over a quarter-million deaths, while China has had less than 5,000. China has more than three times the population of the US, and their people are packed like sardines. Statistically, they should have well over a million deaths.
Thank you, for answering my previously asked question about China. I googled trying to find out what was going on there as I had the feeling things were under control and despite googling I couldn’t seem to get a comprehensive answer. I thought someone younger...like you...with more working brain cells would know,,,,and you did. So the question remains ....WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader