Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an EXCELLENT demonstration today on a kids news program showing the importance of wearing a mask.

An adult blows out a candle. No problem. Then he puts on a mask and attempts to blow out the candle. He cannot. This is followed by a short explanation of how the mask works.

Clear, simple, and impactful.

There was a state election in Queensland yesterday. To determine their ruling party for the next 4 years.

Incredibly, the election was called within 2 hours of vote counting starting. A massive landslide victory - and a third consecutive term for an Aussie woman leader (first time ever!)

The victory being credited to Anastasia Palaszczuk's tough and determined handling of the coronavirus.

"But most importantly, can I acknowledge the people of Queensland. It has not been an easy year for many, many people.
For many Queenslanders, I know it has been an incredibly tough year. It has been tough not being able to see your family and friends in other states, or even around the world, as we’ve been in the midst of a global pandemic.
But here in Queensland we’ve all stood strong and united, and together we are on top of the pandemic, and if we continue to work together we will stay strong.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I will return that respect every single day."

Annastacia Palaszczuk first woman to win three consecutive terms – as it happened

Last edited:
Iowa numbers today: As of 10:00-11:00 a.m., we had 2,823 new confirmed cases for a total of 127,357 confirmed cases of which 93,188 had recovered (+916). 10 more were reported to have passed for a total of 1,715. 99 were hospitalized in the last 24 hrs. (not sure why KWWL has 153) for a total of 630. There are 34,169 active postive cases. Here are the daily age groups: 0-17: 1,305 (+246); 18-40: 56,746 (+1,115); 41-60: 35,479 (+875); 61-80: 18,493 (+456); & 81+: 5,312 (+129).
Oct. 31: 2,823 new cases, 10 additional deaths, 916 recoveries
36 Iowa counties report high virus positivity rate
Iowa COVID-19 Information

This is from United, but it applies to all airlines. Here's airline mask policy September 24, 2020:

Every major U.S. airline now requires that you wear a mask during the end-to-end travel journey. (Except children under age 2.)

At first, face-covering policies only applied to flight attendants. Shortly thereafter, carriers expanded the policy to include all flyers and employees.

Previously, the airline simply offered an exception to the mask requirement when passengers were eating or drinking. But effective immediately, the newly tightened policy now states that “while you can remove your face covering briefly to eat or drink, you must immediately put it back on afterward.”

United closes mask policy loophole during meal service

In late July, major U.S. airlines started revising their policies from "young children" being exempt from wearing masks to "all children age 2 and up" being required to wear a face covering in order to fly. Sep 23, 2020

Wow, looking at that graph, it's pretty obvious that there is a huge spike of excess deaths unaccounted for.

We kind of knew where this was headed in Florida months ago, though. Remember the warning signs?

Florida Scientist Says She Was Fired For Not Manipulating COVID-19 Data

Florida governor under fire over claims state is 'cooking the books' on Covid-19

More recently:

Florida changes coronavirus data on the percent of tests coming back positive

There are numerous ways to calculate the metric, and Florida has used a relatively rare method of filtering out residents who have already tested positive before. That, in effect, resulted in a lower rate and created a discrepancy in total testing numbers compared with other popular pandemic data trackers, namely the COVID Tracking Project, which also feeds the Johns Hopkins University dashboard. Both trackers have consistently posted a higher rate of positive tests in Florida than the state dashboard and daily reports, leading many to question Florida’s data.

Study links Trump rallies to more than 700 Covid deaths

Study links Trump rallies to more than 700 Covid deaths

By David Lim

1 hour ago
President Donald Trump's campaign rallies between June and September may have caused some 30,000 coronavirus infections and more than 700 deaths, according to a new study by Stanford University economists.
The working paper, released late Friday, examined the impact of 18 rallies held between June 20 and Sept. 30 by comparing spread of the virus after each event to parts of the country that didn't host rallies. The findings illustrate the risks of not heeding public health warnings to wear masks and avoid large gatherings to mitigate the risks of Covid-19, the authors — including B. Douglas Bernheim, the chair of Stanford's economics department — wrote.

“The communities in which Trump rallies took place paid a high price in terms of disease and death,” they wrote. Fifteen of the 18 events studied were held outdoors.

Trump has drawn criticism for continuing to hold events with large, tightly packed crowds in states that are experiencing outbreaks. Many in attendance, including Trump, have not worn masks.

Defintely the case in Florida. More spikes in "The Villages, where he was a week ago........

Villages sees spike in COVID-19 cases as state tops 800,000 positive results

Thirty-nine new COVID-19 cases were reported Friday in and around Florida’s Friendliest Hometown. Those include:

I saw an EXCELLENT demonstration today on a kids news program showing the importance of wearing a mask.

An adult blows out a candle. No problem. Then he puts on a mask and attempts to blow out the candle. He cannot. This is followed by a short explanation of how the mask works.

Nice! I really like that.

This is a must watch:

ER Physician Dr. Stephen Sample’s response to doctors getting money for covid, speaks on case numbers in Indiana / Dr. Atlas on Dr. Birx / Dr. Sample on Dr. Fauci

Eta: This guy is a bad *advertiser censored*, cheers to him, and thank you for all you do, sir.

Last edited:
ER Physician Dr. Stephen Sample’s response to doctors getting money for covid, speaks on case numbers in Indiana / Dr. Atlas on Dr. Birx / Dr. Sample on Dr. Fauci

Why did Trump say that? Why is he trying to bring down the medical profession?

Sorry, I don’t know much about this as I’m in the UK, but I’m a bit confused why he would even say that o_O

He's trying to imply they have a financial motive to inflate the numbers, which makes him look bad.

But even if there WAS some dodgy financial thing going on, wouldn’t Trump, as President, be able to stop that from happening? Who is he suggesting is paying this money to doctors?

I just don’t get it.

Last edited:
But even if there WAS some dodgy financial thing going on, wouldn’t Trump, as President, be able to stop that from happening? Who is he suggesting is paying this money to doctors?

I just don’t get it.
He is saying “we’re turning a corner” at his rallies. We aren’t. Numbers/deaths keep rising. Trying to insinuate that doctors are recording more covid just to to inflate numbers to receive financial gain is ridiculous. It’s not happening.

That would be a great demonstration for adults too

He is saying “we’re turning a corner” at his rallies. We aren’t. Numbers/deaths keep rising. Trying to insinuate that doctors are recording more covid just to to inflate numbers to receive financial gain is ridiculous. It’s not happening.

But who is he insinuating is making these Covid death payments, and why would he not be in control of that situation if it were happening? Isn’t he in charge?

Or does he knows it’s not true but wants his followers to believe it, which would be tantamount to spreading Fake News?

Sorry to ask daft questions, but I’m struggling to get my head round the agenda of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14