Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

If the MSM covered this a little more closely (and nationwide) and we had some youtubers to talk to the families of people who have experienced this, perhaps we could get most of our nation to believe it's real.

But...some people are so sunk into the conspiracy underground that they will not see what's happening. We've got nurses telling us that people are dying while actually resisting care and telling the staff that "Covid is not real" and...? Well, they don't get to complete their thought. It's reminiscent of the witch crazes of earlier centuries.

I will say that COVID causes disturbances to the brain, so perhaps that's what's causing this denial. Or perhaps it's the abrupt divorce between themselves and their regular world (known to favor dementia). Older people who are suddenly in a new setting, and who cannot see a single familiar face...do not fare well, mental health-wise.

This is all so sad. I wish our media could focus more on the reality of what happens when people get COVID (not just the terrible physical symptoms, but the grief and other mental issues that come on both sides - both the patient and their families).

We occasionally hear from medical personnel - but where are the families? And the patients who can still make phone calls? Why can't we hear from them?

It's taking so long for many Americans to believe that COVID is real.

SLAM! from Stanford. Hope this makes some news. SMH

"The university has been asked to comment on recent statements made by Dr. Scott Atlas, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution who is on leave of absence from that position.

Stanford’s position on managing the pandemic in our community is clear. We support using masks, social distancing, and conducting surveillance and diagnostic testing. We also believe in the importance of strictly following the guidance of local and state health authorities.

Dr. Atlas has expressed views that are inconsistent with the university’s approach in response to the pandemic. Dr. Atlas’s statements reflect his personal views, not those of the Hoover Institution or the university."

Also, found this publication from Stanford recently released by his colleagues . Stanford-led team creates a computer model that can predict how COVID-19 spreads in cities
spacer.gif
November 10, 2020
Stanford-led team creates a computer model that can predict how COVID-19 spreads in cities
A study of how 98 million Americans move around each day suggests that most infections occur at “superspreader” sites that put people in contact for long periods, and details how mobility patterns help drive higher infection rates among minority and low-income populations

Thank goodness. This is a big step forward for Iowa and I am rooting for you. These edicts will help everyone see that this is a real problem.

You stay safe!
We shall see how it goes. Can't please everyone, but I have already read comments that some won't follow it and think that others will just dash in and out of indoor locations in less than 15 minutes to avoid it. IMO she probably should of left that 15 minute part out. And she did mention in her pc that it will be very difficult to really enforce it. And of course others are still planning to gather in large groups in homes for Thanksgiving regarding of what she says. :(

They have traced our first case of our covid outbreak back to surface transmission. It is the first time that we know of that this has happened here ... every other case that we know of has been aerosol transmission.

South Australian Premier Steven Marshall says a worker at a quarantine facility contracted COVID-19 after touching a contaminated surface.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...virus-and-no-community-transmission-c-1597197

The first reported case was a woman in her 80s. Spurrier said that through genomic testing “we have linked it to somebody in the medi-hotel where her daughter worked”.
And the person who was the traveller arrived in South Australia on 2 November and was tested on 3 November. So, prior to this, prior to 2 November, we did not have Covid in the state, but that’s when it was introduced, this particular strain.
CHO Nicole Spurrier said there were now 4,000 people in quarantine as close contacts of known cases.
South Australia reports five new Covid cases as outbreak traced to traveller who arrived on 2 November – live news

There has been such a huge spike in cases all over since ...boom...Halloween Parties!

Seriously?! Can't even stay home on Halloween!

Noooo, the kids might be disappointed that they didn’t get candy from every house in the neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine what it’s going to be like after Thanksgiving? And then Christmas?
(Plus the rally that was just held in DC and the upcoming one in Atlanta)

"The university has been asked to comment on recent statements made by Dr. Scott Atlas, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution who is on leave of absence from that position.

Dr. Atlas has expressed views that are inconsistent with the university’s approach in response to the pandemic. Dr. Atlas’s statements reflect his personal views, not those of the Hoover Institution or the university."

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Atlas gets an involuntary extended leave of absence.

The pandemic felt so far away out here. My husband and I live eight miles south of Glen Rose—the nearest town of any size—barely over the Somervell-Bosque county line. Our house sits a mile and a half off Texas Highway 144, past two ranch gates and cattle guards, and at the end of a winding, up-and-down gravel road that leads to a ridgetop. There are no other houses in sight, just a wide western view of layered blue mesas.

Then, in late October, the mountain cedar began blooming. A cold front blew in, sending swirls of pollen into the air. I started sneezing, and developed a postnasal irritation in the back of my throat. Just seasonal allergies, I told myself.

I always wore a mask when I had to do anything in town, but I didn’t worry about catching the virus like my friends in Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas did.

Then she told me I tested positive.

There is no “safe” place—no sanctuary—anymore. Not even out here in the middle of nowhere.

I Live in the Middle of Nowhere. I Still Got COVID.

i have never had the flu vaccine but i will get a vaccine for Covid-- but i may wait
for a short time to see how the people who have been vaccinated are reacting to
it

I never got the flu vaccine until about a decade ago when I caught a bout of the flu that nearly took me out. After that, I decided I'd get the shot annually. LOL

I haven't ever had a reaction to the flu shot but I did have a reaction to the second pneumonia shot. There are two pneumonia shots, one per year, and the second one, Prevnar 23 I think it's called, made me pretty ill. Overall, I'm pretty healthy, I run, I workout, but as a child I got pneumonia and whenever I catch anything, it goes straight into a respiratory infection. That's why I got the set of pneumonia shots.

You're probably smart to see how others react to the vaccine before getting it. We all have to take responsibility for our own health and make our own decisions. I'm not high-risk by any means, but I'll probably get the vaccine.

The pandemic felt so far away out here. My husband and I live eight miles south of Glen Rose—the nearest town of any size—barely over the Somervell-Bosque county line. Our house sits a mile and a half off Texas Highway 144, past two ranch gates and cattle guards, and at the end of a winding, up-and-down gravel road that leads to a ridgetop. There are no other houses in sight, just a wide western view of layered blue mesas.

Then, in late October, the mountain cedar began blooming. A cold front blew in, sending swirls of pollen into the air. I started sneezing, and developed a postnasal irritation in the back of my throat. Just seasonal allergies, I told myself.

I always wore a mask when I had to do anything in town, but I didn’t worry about catching the virus like my friends in Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas did.

Then she told me I tested positive.

There is no “safe” place—no sanctuary—anymore. Not even out here in the middle of nowhere.

I Live in the Middle of Nowhere. I Still Got COVID.

That's a good read, and I have to wonder just how she caught the virus since she was so careful. Could it last longer in the air and blew in on the wind as she mentions? No one is wearing masks when they're out in their own yard, so are we exposing ourselves when we take out the trash?

In the one-week period ending Nov. 12th, there were 111,946 new cases in children, which is substantially larger than any previous week in the pandemic. However, pediatrics believe the total number of cases in children is higher because children's symptoms are often mild and they may not be tested.

“As a pediatrician who has practiced medicine for over three decades, I find this number staggering and tragic," said AAP President Sally Goza, MD, FAAP. "We haven’t seen a virus flash through our communities in this way since before we had vaccines for measles and polio."
1 million kids test positive for coronavirus in United States | king5.com

COVID-19: Weekly deaths climb 1,937 in England and Wales as total nears 60,000

Weekly coronavirus deaths have climbed by 1,937 in England and Wales - marking the second week running that the total has reached four figures.

The Office of National Statistics, which counts death certificates where COVID-19 is mentioned, showed a rise of 558, or 40.5%, on the previous seven days - when the figure stood at 1,379.

Last week's figure was the first time since June that weekly coronavirus deaths had exceeded 1,000.

That's a good read, and I have to wonder just how she caught the virus since she was so careful. Could it last longer in the air and blew in on the wind as she mentions? No one is wearing masks when they're out in their own yard, so are we exposing ourselves when we take out the trash?

She said she celebrated her birthday by going to a restaurant with her friend: if i were betting, that would be my best bet as to how she got it. I sometimes want to go to a restaurant and sit down and have a meal, especially since there are so few people in restaurants these days but I keep recalling the CDC coming out with a report that there is a pretty high risk of getting the virus from dining in. I don't imagine she contracted the virus in her back yard.

I’m allergic to iodine so I bet this works. Hope it works regardless:

The Cardiff University report revealed that mouthwashes containing at least 0.07 per cent cetypyridinium chloride (CPC) showed "promising signs" of being able to combat the virus.

It supports another study that found CPC-based mouthwashes are effective in reducing the amount of virus that an infected individual is producing.
Mouthwash 'kills Covid in 30 seconds', Cardiff lab tests find | ITV News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member