Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the county where I live are clueless, MOO. How much more evidence do they need that COVID is real?

Al of our movie theaters have been shut down since COVID began but one (Flix) opened two weeks ago. People were so excited! But yesterday Flix announced they were shutting down completely until the national public health emergency is over.

People are going nuts after that announcement. They have nowhere to go to watch movies! How unfair that Flix shut down! Unreasonable! Etc. Etc.

Surely sitting in a movie theater is a high-risk activity, and Flix serves food and drink. There is a bar inside as well.

I remember experts saying with great certainty children don't get covid- I rolled my eyes right then----- knew that was BS

I can only remember 1-2 MSM "experts" saying that and 1 article proposing a method for reviewing the matter.

Every other article has made it clear that, based on nasal swabs, children not only get COVID but carry very high amounts of it in their noses. I've posted a series of articles here on why that is, but basically a child's immune system works very differently to an adult's - especially in the mucous membranes of the nose. Their noses have much more active immune systems and it looks as if many children fight it off before it gets to their lungs.

However, obviously, many kids do get severe symptoms and a small number of those will die.

But there was never a plurality of "experts" who thought children didn't get it (the CDC was pushed to take that one literature review and run with it to try and force schools into opening). IMO.

The most recent set of articles on kids and COVID are fascinating because they show that once COVID becomes widespread (asymptomatically) in primary grade children, soon it is in middle schools (about 2-3 weeks later) at the same positivity rate and then in high schools - and from there into the parent generations and grandparent generations. Since only some kids have older siblings, it would seem that once those older siblings get it (also asymptomatic or with few symptoms), they bring it to school.

In my hometown, we're seeing a massive number of teachers retiring (with golden handshakes), so now they're struggling to find enough new teachers to go into the classrooms (which they've inexplicably decided to open on Dec 7 - for just one week - then send the kids home to the parents for Christmas.

I do not think that will work out well for our community (which is back in the purple level in terms of state mandates and will have to apply for a variance to get those kids in the classroom). Only ⅓ of the parents intend to send their kids in, at this point. The rest are opting for further distance ed.

COVID-19: Eleven local authorities to be placed into Scotland's highest level of restrictions

Eleven local authorities are to be placed into Scotland's highest level of coronavirus restrictions.

The areas will enter Level 4 of the country's COVID-19 measures for three weeks from 6pm on Friday, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced during a statement in the Scottish parliament.

At the same time two areas, East Lothian and Midlothian, will move from Level 3 to the less stringent Level 2 from next Tuesday following a "marked decline" in the prevalence of coronavirus.

The Level 4 status for the 11 areas will be in force "for a limited time", Ms Sturgeon said, with the hope that they will soon be able to move back down to Level 3.

From the article:

“We don’t really want to see Mamaw at Thanksgiving and bury her by Christmas,” MSMA President Dr. Mark Horne said during the meeting, concurring with the state health officer.

“We’re going to see some of that. It’s going to happen,” Dobbs replied.

Horne agreed.

“It’s going to happen. You’re going to say hi at Thanksgiving, it’s so nice to see you, and you’re either going to be visiting her by Facetime in the ICU or planning a small funeral by Christmas,” the MSMA president said.

I can only remember 1-2 MSM "experts" saying that and 1 article proposing a method for reviewing the matter.

Every other article has made it clear that, based on nasal swabs, children not only get COVID but carry very high amounts of it in their noses. I've posted a series of articles here on why that is, but basically a child's immune system works very differently to an adult's - especially in the mucous membranes of the nose. Their noses have much more active immune systems and it looks as if many children fight it off before it gets to their lungs.

However, obviously, many kids do get severe symptoms and a small number of those will die.

But there was never a plurality of "experts" who thought children didn't get it (the CDC was pushed to take that one literature review and run with it to try and force schools into opening). IMO.

The most recent set of articles on kids and COVID are fascinating because they show that once COVID becomes widespread (asymptomatically) in primary grade children, soon it is in middle schools (about 2-3 weeks later) at the same positivity rate and then in high schools - and from there into the parent generations and grandparent generations. Since only some kids have older siblings, it would seem that once those older siblings get it (also asymptomatic or with few symptoms), they bring it to school.

In my hometown, we're seeing a massive number of teachers retiring (with golden handshakes), so now they're struggling to find enough new teachers to go into the classrooms (which they've inexplicably decided to open on Dec 7 - for just one week - then send the kids home to the parents for Christmas.

I do not think that will work out well for our community (which is back in the purple level in terms of state mandates and will have to apply for a variance to get those kids in the classroom). Only ⅓ of the parents intend to send their kids in, at this point. The rest are opting for further distance ed.

Perhaps it was an expert from CDC, but I clearly remember that person stating children don't get the virus-- I also recall when Trump was pushing to open schools and pediatricians were being interviewed on cable channels, they seemed to play down that not only can children get the virus, but spread it as well-

COVID-19: Eleven local authorities to be placed into Scotland's highest level of restrictions

Eleven local authorities are to be placed into Scotland's highest level of coronavirus restrictions.

The areas will enter Level 4 of the country's COVID-19 measures for three weeks from 6pm on Friday, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced during a statement in the Scottish parliament.

At the same time two areas, East Lothian and Midlothian, will move from Level 3 to the less stringent Level 2 from next Tuesday following a "marked decline" in the prevalence of coronavirus.

The Level 4 status for the 11 areas will be in force "for a limited time", Ms Sturgeon said, with the hope that they will soon be able to move back down to Level 3.

(Re: Scotland, @gregjrichards, missing you, I hope you’re okay. )

This would be great news.

Blood samples from recovered patients suggest a powerful, long-lasting immune response, researchers reported.

Eight months after infection, most people who have recovered still have enough immune cells to fend off the virus and prevent illness, the new data show. A slow rate of decline in the short term suggests, happily, that these cells may persist in the body for a very, very long time to come.

Immunity to the Coronavirus May Last Years, New Data Hint

Lol this cracks me up because every day there’s an opposing report on this (Exaggeration for effect). Last I heard, antibodies fade, sometimes rapidly, offering immunity somewhere between a couple months to a year, according to variable reports.

Thanks for the link, @MsArk and I look forward to reading it. :)

"I'm just happy that anything I do can help somebody else, and when I donated the money to the Covid fund, I just wanted it to do good. Evidently, it is. Let's just hope we find a cure real soon."

from April:
“My Longtime friend Dr. Naji Abumrad, who’s been involved in research at Vanderbilt for many years, informed me that they were making some exciting advancements towards research of the coronavirus for a cure,” she wrote in a post at the time. “I am making a donation of $1 million to Vanderbilt towards that research and to encourage people that can afford it to make donations.”

The official preliminary report on the Moderna vaccine now credits “the Dolly Parton COVID-19 Research Fund,” as well as a number of other organizations, as a supporter
Dolly Parton on helping fund the coronavirus vaccine: I just wanted 'to do good’

Thank goodness your niece and her boys are ok. I think after two weeks you guys should be ok too...fingers crossed. Hard and fast control is clearly the answer to being Covid free...

ETA Control is probs a bad choice of word, what I meant was hard and fast decision making by good leadership...

IMO MOO

Yes, I am pretty impressed with Steven Marshall. (I can't even remember if I voted for him in the last election. lol) Also impressed with Nicola Spurrier, our CHO. She is direct, gives us the info we need, and is quick to quarantine.

Premier Marshall refuses to let the media sideline him. And is so encouraging to us.
"Are you worried?" "I thank the good people of South Australia for responding and getting out there and getting tested"
"But are you concerned?" "The virus is concerning, and the good people of South Australia are doing their part - despite long lines they are all getting out and getting tested, keeping safe"

Last edited:

We currently have 20 cases in my city (pop 1,336,000). With an additional 14 suspected cases, who have tested negative but have symptoms.

We closed 5 schools right away yesterday. Because 5 infected/symptomatic kids attend those schools.
Deep cleaning is happening at the schools, and all the children at those schools are under 'high risk' and must stay home for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Colorado governor urges the federal government ‘to step up’ amid surging Covid cases
Nov. 16, 2020

• Colorado is facing pandemic highs for both hospitalizations and confirmed cases.
  • Colorado Gov. Jared Polis explains why the federal government ‘needs to step up on both the economic side and health side’ to help struggling Americans.
  • Polis said that it’s not fair to impose a stay at home order, especially when the federal government was not offering the same benefits as it did earlier in the year to Americans who would be forced out of work.

Last edited:
We currently have 20 cases in my city. With 14 suspected cases, who have tested negative but have symptoms.

We closed 5 schools right away yesterday. Because 5 infected/symptomatic kids attend those schools.
Deep cleaning is happening at the schools, and all the children at those schools are under 'high risk' and must stay home for 2 weeks.
One of my friends drives a couple of morning school bus routes before he goes to his regular job. He says some of the kids refuse to keep their masks on, and while he is supposed to be enforcing the mask rule, it is impossible for him to keep his eyes on the road while watching for kids who are removing their masks.

He said they need ride along bus monitors, to ensure masks are worn and make kids stay in their assigned seats. But no staff are available to ride on the buses because so many are out with COVID, symptoms of COVID, or on quarantine due to close contact with a confirmed COVID case.

He said the kids have assigned, numbered seats so that when one of them develops COVID symptoms they are able to notify the parents of the nearest seat mates to let them know their kids need to be COVID tested, and they need to stay isolated until tested. He said “when” not “if.”

Colorado governor urges the federal government ‘to step up’ amid surging Covid cases
Nov. 16, 2020

“In October Gov. Polis signed the executive order to provide economic relief to Coloradans after he said Congress was unlikely to pass a relief package before the election. In a Monday evening interview on “The News with Shepard Smith”, Polis said that it’s not fair to impose a stay at home order, especially when the federal government was not offering the same benefits to Americans who would be forced out of work as it had done earlier in the pandemic.

“Folks would love to do the right thing, last time they got $1,200, got an unemployment plus-up, that’s not here this time,” said Polis. “It’s a very rational thing for someone to say they’d take a chance with the virus.””

[...]

““We’ve worked mightily to expand that capacity with our hospitals, with some alternative centers, we activated some additional staffing last week,” said Polis. “We want to make sure for Covid and for non-Covid that anybody who needs medical treatment can get it.”“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps