Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am really sad about this allergy stuff. I want to take the vaccine when it’s the right time for me, and I’m comfortable, so I can help end this for ALL and go on with my life.

What happens to those of us who may not be able take it?? :(

I guess we will just have to wait it out...

Whatever the case, (talking to self), nip this is bud right now mentally, otherwise it’ll eat you up for the next half a year worrying about it.

There is no point in worrying about something I have ZERO ability to change at this moment.

Gotta stay strong, this isn’t over. Hope you all are hangin in well.

But yeah, super bummed about the allergy thing, last I saw it was only 3 per 100,000 (there may have been more since then, not sure, still behind), which is obviously “rare“. Maybe I’ll end up just having to take the chance...I just have this feeling I could be “that person” (and I trust my own instincts), as I’ve been hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction before and almost died, was transported via ambulance, got a shot and everything.

Which brings to mind another question - what if one had a couple isolated responses, but doesn’t necessary have an allergy that may preclude...do these previous reactions....how does the spectrum of severity...what do we know about the “sources”...last I heard it was all up in the air and they were just telling everyone flat out not to take it if you’ve had previous allergic reactions, that the specifics are still being studied.

Ok, so cool, turning this around in my head bc I’m upset about it - this is good news that we have 6 months for them to study it.

I especially appreciate any discussion/reference about this subject of allergies and vaccines going forward. Tia.

Last edited:
Restaurateur who survived COVID-19, feeds his community gets surprise from TODAY

chef-covid-19-te-inline2-201214_2beb1fd5109d151cde742a86d9e5f6a7.fit-760w.jpg

Green opened his restaurant just months before the coronavirus pandemic.

He opened the restaurant in Newark, New Jersey just months before the pandemic hit. Aimed at providing a feeling of "something nostalgic," the small business had to close for a month when Green was diagnosed with coronavirus and spent three weeks in the hospital.

"We weren't able to generate any revenue," Green explained. "It made me feel like my dream was over. But I was also afraid for my life. … I (was) reaching out to various family members via FaceTime and I kind of said my goodbyes."

chef-covid-19-te-inline-201214_2beb1fd5109d151cde742a86d9e5f6a7.fit-760w.jpg

Green provides up to a thousand meals a week with his partnership.

In the end, Green pulled through, and made himself a promise to help his community during the pandemic. He launched "Willie's Day," a gigantic neighborhood barbecue that would serve as a farewell to his restaurant.

"I cleaned out my savings to do all of that," Green explained. "I knew that possibly this (was) going to be my last hurrah for my restaurant. So if I'm going to go out, I'm definitely going to go out with a bang."

chef-covid-19-te-inline3-201214_2beb1fd5109d151cde742a86d9e5f6a7.fit-760w.jpg

Green was overcome with emotion after being gifted a van by Ford Motor Company.

Instead of being an ending, "Willie's Day" was a beginning: Green was able to connect with Newark Working Kitchens, an organization that works with World Central Kitchen to pay restaurants to serve meals to people in need.

"It was like everything aligned," Green said. "The skies parted, the light came down, and my restaurant was saved."

What an incredible story!

A COVID-related illness is sickening a growing number of children in California

BBM:

“Much is still unknown about MIS-C, including its long-term effects, whether some children are genetically predisposed to the illness and if the case count may be higher. Researchers believe that some children diagnosed between January and May with Kawasaki disease, a rare inflammatory disease that affects about 5,500 children in the U.S. each year, might have actually had MIS-C instead.

What is clear is that MIS-C cases are directly linked to a surge in COVID-19 infections — a correlation that doctors say could easily match up with a likely uptick around the holidays, given the ongoing spike in coronavirus cases. In the last week, seven additional children have been diagnosed with the syndrome across the state, according to the California Department of Public Health.

“With the number of [coronavirus] cases we’re seeing in Los Angeles now, I do expect to see more children with MIS-C coming into the hospital in the next few weeks,
” said Dr. Jackie Szmuszkovicz, a pediatric cardiologist at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and one of Xitlali’s doctors. “We’re at a critical moment right now.”

The mysterious syndrome has killed at least 23 children in the U.S. and infected more than 1,280 — counts that have grown by more than 125% since July, according to a Times analysis of data from the CDC. The data were last reported Dec. 4 and will be updated next in January, the CDC said.“

[...]

“The state’s health department does not separate MIS-C deaths from COVID-19 fatalities. Among California’s more than 22,000 COVID-19 deaths, three have been children 17 or younger, state data show.”

COVID-19: UK confirms two cases of another 'more transmissible' variant linked to South Africa

Two cases of a new, "more transmissible" COVID-19 variant linked to South Africa have been identified in the UK, the health secretary has said.

Both cases are contacts of people who travelled from South Africa over the last few weeks, Matt Hancock said in a Downing Street news conference.

Those with the new variant, and contacts of them, are quarantining.

Flights are still landing at Heathrow from S.A. What will it take for the U.K to close its borders?

Cuomo presser... has started...

he's discussing the UK strain.. geez.. what a balance to do. Suggestions of testing prior to boarding a plane will miss many. Yet as many here may agree many are going to travel prior to being positive on tests.

Last edited:
@dixiegirl1035 , you had addressed one of my posts a few days ago with a comment/question(s) about MIS-C, and I have a long answer to that I am still working on.

Meanwhile / it is imperative IMO that there is more social awareness about this / bolded in red:

BBM / source:

“A CDC report from August said that obesity was the most commonly reported underlying medical condition among children with MIS-C. However, two-thirds of the children diagnosed at that time did not have preexisting conditions, the report showed.

Vasquez said that Xitlali had been given a clean bill of health at her checkup in January. After her bout with MIS-C, she has developed Type 1 diabetes, which Vasquez thinks is in part because of an inflammation in her pancreas related to MIS-C.”

[...]

“Health experts say early treatment is key to mitigating the severity of MIS-C. A combination of limited information about the illness, avoidance of hospitals and doctor’s offices amid the pandemic and the fact that initial symptoms often present in the GI tract — similar to the flu — has left some children in the emergency room after mild symptoms turn severe.

“Please do not delay in seeking care for your child if they are ill,” Szmuszkovicz said. “Length of stay is going to be shorter if we can get inflammation under control earlier.””

[...]

““Our kids get sick and we want to treat them with home remedies and Tylenol without knowing that they could die without taking them to the right place,” she said.“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14