Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you brought that issue up- I too have always been fascinated by how people catch Covid, especially the ones that say they "did everything right"-- It is scary to think you could wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands, stay away from people (gatherings and such) and still get the virus. A man on my husband's golf league just passed away from Covid- he became ill around Xmas and was hospitalized, discharged, readmitted and died. I wonder, did he do everything right or did he (as I surmise since he got Covid around the holidays), that he let his guard down and socialized outside of his bubble around the holidays.

I think some of the people who contracted Covid who said they did everything right, let their guard down somewhere a long the way. I guess we will never know for sure

I agree
Also I think people who say they did everything right and still became infected may not realize that the mask wearing, washing hands, staying 6 feet apart, etc., are not preventative, rather they lessen the risk

That's my understanding/thinking
Edited to add:
I think I'm wrong.

This article directly contradicts me and says those measures ARE a prevention against the spread of the virus:
Fact check: Masks are a coronavirus prevention method when used alongside other precautions

A couple of nurses on a forum I am on said that when they question someone re: how they got Covid- it's always about how they just breeched protocol maybe one time- not wearing a mask with a close friend or family member that came to visit because they trusted that "this person was not infected"

As I sit in my car every week waiting for my curbside pickup at the grocery store - I watch people going in and out - the majority of the people do not put on their mask until they are right at the entrance.
No matter they walked for quite a ways from their car within inches of other people also walking, talking, coughing, etc.
o_O

I agree
Also I think people who say they did everything right and still became infected may not realize that the mask wearing, washing hands, staying 6 feet apart, etc., are not preventative, rather they lessen the risk

That's my understanding/thinking
Edited to add:
I think I'm wrong.

This article directly contradicts me and says those measures ARE a prevention against the spread of the virus:
Fact check: Masks are a coronavirus prevention method when used alongside other precautions

I am thinking the masks are not 100% preventative--- but obviously it goes a long way to helping prevent contracting the virus-- not all masks are created equal. As we know there are people out there who wear masks- below their chin and below their nose-LOL - that won't help much!!!

I am thinking the masks are not 100% preventative--- but obviously it goes a long way to helping prevent contracting the virus-- not all masks are created equal. As we know there are people out there who wear masks- below their chin and below their nose-LOL - that won't help much!!!
I like the ones that stand close to talk to each other and pull down their mask to speak. Boggles the mind.

What If You Never Get Better From Covid-19?

This is behind a paywall but i posted this incognito so i hope you can read it. This is a very in-depth article about "long haulers"--- people who still have symptoms months after the virus is supposedly left their bodies: there are lots of theories: one theory is that they still have a hidden infection or that the virus really never went away (at least that is my interpretation): this is a very complicated issue-- symptoms plague younger people who were perfectly healthy before they contracted the virus. Symptoms also continue for people who thought they had a mild form of the virus and didn't even require hospitalization.

It is a long article but worth reading.

I have said many times this virus is evil--it is like an evil sociopath----

This is the full 30 minute interview Dr. Birx did with Face the Nation.

Dr. Deborah Birx on her time in the White House and pandemic politics

"I saw the president presenting graphs that I never made. So I know that someone ... was creating a parallel set of data and graphics that were shown to the president. I don't know to this day who." -- Dr. Birx

A lot of upsetting and sobering stuff revealed in that interview. I can't help but wonder why she never spoke up against DJT's obvious falsehoods. Fauci at least tried to correct the record which is why he was badmouthed or sidelined frequently by the admin.

I also can't forgive her for spearheading the change of data reporting. Forcing hospitals to no longer report to the same central CDC database where the public could access the information, but to go through a newly formed private company instead. A company which won a no-bid contract. I hope they investigate the abrupt change. It seemed really shady at the time, especially now that Birx admits there was data tampering going on.

EDITED to add: Remember when she said this about DJT? It really hurt her credibility at the time and I can't help but be cynical about her coming clean now, after he is gone, and she's retired.

Deborah Birx praised Trump as attentive to scientific literature and details. Nope.

“He’s been so attentive to the scientific literature and the details and the data,” Birx said. “I think his ability to analyze and integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues.”

Last edited:
Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at basketball games
more at link
The Miami Heat are bringing back some fans, with help from some dogs.

The Heat will use coronavirus-sniffing dogs at AmericanAirlines Arena to screen fans who want to attend their games. They've been working on the plan for months, and the highly trained dogs have been in place for some games this season where the team has allowed a handful of guests — mostly friends and family of players and staff.

Starting this week, a limited number of ticket holders will be in the seats as well, provided they get past the dogs first.

"If you think about it, detection dogs are not new," said Matthew Jafarian, the Heat's executive vice president for business strategy. "You've seen them in airports, they've been used in mission critical situations by the police and the military. We've used them at the arena for years to detect explosives."

The first Heat game with ticket holders is set for Thursday against the Los Angeles Clippers. Monday is the first day that season ticket holders will be able to start securing their seats.

The Heat have sold out 451 consecutive games, the sixth-longest streak in NBA history. Sellouts obviously aren't happening this year. The Heat will keep attendance under 2,000 for now, or less than 10% of the arena's typical capacity.

This is the full 30 minute interview Dr. Birx did with Face the Nation.

Dr. Deborah Birx on her time in the White House and pandemic politics

A lot of upsetting and sobering stuff revealed in that interview. I can't help but wonder why she never spoke up against DJT's obvious falsehoods. Fauci at least tried to correct the record which is why he was badmouthed or sidelined frequently by the admin.

I also can't forgive her for spearheading the change of data reporting. Forcing hospitals to no longer report to the same central CDC database where the public could access the information, but to go through a newly formed private company instead. A company which won a no-bid contract. I hope they investigate the abrupt change. It seemed really shady at the time, especially now that Birx admits there was data tampering going on.

EDITED to add: Remember when she said this about DJT? It really hurt her credibility at the time and I can't help but be cynical about her coming clean now, after he is gone, and she's retired.

Deborah Birx praised Trump as attentive to scientific literature and details. Nope.

Another person who ruined their reputation to please Trump---i dont understand
it

NFL to allow 22,000 fans at Super Bowl LV, including 7,500 vaccinated health care workers
more at link
(CNN) — The National Football League will allow 22,000 fans at Super Bowl LV next month — including 7,500 vaccinated health care workers who will get free tickets, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday.

The NFL made the decision “following discussions with public health officials, including the CDC, the Florida Department of Health, and area hospitals and health care systems,” according to a press release.

“These officials reviewed and provided feedback on the NFL’s comprehensive plans that will enable the league to host fans and the vaccinated health care workers in a safe and responsible way,” the statement added.

Super Bowl LV is scheduled to take place at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, on Sunday, February 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298