Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited to report that I'm getting my first shot (Moderna) tomorrow morning. Here in NJ, it's age 65 and above, plus 16-64 with underlying conditions. Thankfully, many teachers seems to be able to get vaccinated as well, though it is a bit of a challenge this week finding availability. .
Wow! NJ must be the gold standard in rolling out that shot! I have two 66 year olds family members with health/immune conditions that are scheduled for April.

Wow! NJ must be the gold standard in rolling out that shot! I have two 66 year olds family members with health/immune conditions that are scheduled for April.
Not sure about gold standard. There are many issues with finding availability. However, there are several mega sites that have opened up who take those who pre-registered through the state link, there are hospitals who are taking phone call appointments, and there are health agencies and pharmacies that are posting signup links on line. I had two appointments cancelled before I finally found one for tomorrow. And it’s pretty much like back in the day waiting in line to buy a Cabbage Patch doll... mad rush to get one.
One issue some have is that smoking is considered a health risk. Therefore those who smoke are in phase 1b and can book now.

It’s getting better though. The more the merrier IMO

The Aussie govt is rolling out a huge vaccine campaign today. PSAs explaining how the vaccines work, what to expect, and how they will keep us safe. :)
We are also seeing health experts on our morning TV, debunking myths about the vaccines (such as altering your DNA, or inserting a microchip) with vaccine 'straight talk'.

The campaign is called "Safe, Effective, Free". And is in prep for a vaccine rollout - initially to healthcare and long term care - in late Feb.

BBM

The Biden administration will increase vaccine supplies to states, exercise an option to buy a total of 200m more vaccine doses from Pfizer and Moderna and said it would give states more lead time on the amount of vaccine it will deliver.

The administration’s plan would accelerate vaccine distribution soon to deliver roughly 1.4m shots per day and 10m doses per week, as part of the White House’s ambition to vaccinate 100 million people in 100 days.

However, Biden also forecast a more harrowing death toll, and on Monday said the US “could see” 660,000 deaths total before the pandemic is brought under control. :(

Biden to increase vaccine supplies to states and buy 200m more doses

Last edited:
Doctor arrested on suspicion of MURDERING two patients on Covid ward

An Italian doctor accused of murdering two patients on a coronavirus ward at the height of the pandemic 'to free up beds' has been arrested.

Carlo Mosca, 47, administered lethal doses of anaesthetics to 61-year-old Natale Bassi and 80-year-old Angelo Paletti at the hospital in Lombardy in March, prosecutors claim.

geez as if we don't have enough to worry about, without worrying about doctors murdering people!

Last edited:
Not sure about gold standard. There are many issues with finding availability. However, there are several mega sites that have opened up who take those who pre-registered through the state link, there are hospitals who are taking phone call appointments, and there are health agencies and pharmacies that are posting signup links on line. I had two appointments cancelled before I finally found one for tomorrow. And it’s pretty much like back in the day waiting in line to buy a Cabbage Patch doll... mad rush to get one.
One issue some have is that smoking is considered a health risk. Therefore those who smoke are in phase 1b and can book now.

It’s getting better though. The more the merrier IMO
To add on to my post, something I just learned while watching local news this evening...NJ Governor Murphy and his wife Tammy are pictured touring the newly opened Mega Site for vaccinations at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Neither of them has been vaccinated, as they prefer to wait their turn in light of the limited supply. Pretty decent of them, I'd say.

On another note, a friend of mine tried to get an appointment at this AC site today, which opened up for scheduling at 3pm EST. She waited 45 minutes in a queue and was # 27,399 in line. She did not score a spot.

To add on to my post, something I just learned while watching local news this evening...NJ Governor Murphy and his wife Tammy are pictured touring the newly opened Mega Site for vaccinations at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Neither of them has been vaccinated, as they prefer to wait their turn in light of the limited supply. Pretty decent of them, I'd say.

On another note, a friend of mine tried to get an appointment at this AC site today, which opened up for scheduling at 3pm EST. She waited 45 minutes in a queue and was # 27,399 in line. She did not score a spot.

It seems hard to get an appointment, but the encouraging thing is that there are so many people participating in the uptake of the vaccines.

They are also kicking him out of the building on a more permanent basis, it seems.
Rep. David Clark is his full name.

"In addition to being removed, Ralston said that Clark will no longer be assigned office space in the legislative building over his refusal to follow protocols."
What the heck? 98th Precinct which is Sugar Hill, Buford and Suwanee in Gwinnett County GA. :eek:

I'm so excited to report that I'm getting my first shot (Moderna) tomorrow morning. Here in NJ, it's age 65 and above, plus 16-64 with underlying conditions. Thankfully, many teachers seems to be able to get vaccinated as well, though it is a bit of a challenge this week finding availability. .

Congratulations! ❤️

Last edited:
I was vaccinated this morning, at a small community college in South Jersey where I booked an appointment through the county's health department. My appointment was for 9:35. I got there 5 minutes early and they were calling my time.

I walked in behind an elderly gentleman sporting a cane. I stayed 6 feet+ behind him patiently. My turn to approach the table came within 5 minutes and then I was in line to receive the shot, which happened quickly. Did not hurt at all.

One minute wait to book next appointment for 29 days from today. Requested to sit and wait 15 minutes to be sure all was ok and during this time received literature, a link to register my shot, and a sticker.

So, no line, on waiting outside in the cold...in and out in total of about 25 minutes. And I ran into some friends (former teacher colleagues) while there, people I haven't seen since last March. :)

Last edited:
I received vaccine #2 today at the Medical Center that I work for. Super organized, held indoors, at our football stadium. I waited behind maybe 10 people. Social distanced with chairs available if needed. Nice social distanced area to wait after, complete with a fully equipped paramedic. We have the capacity to vaccinate 24,000 weekly. Sadly, 2-3 thousand is all we can do because of supply of vaccine. I was very fortunate to be included in this round. Although I work from home, I am considered critical staff due to or work with the ER and Telestroke program. We bring a stroke doctor virtually to ER's in rural areas!

The nurse that gave me the shot said to be prepared for a stronger reaction after #2. ( Pfizer)
I took the day off tomorrow with an option for Friday off as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead