Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccine Shortages In 50 States / January Deadliest Month & Most Hospitalizations / White House Task Force Meeting / Mutations
MIS-C Uptick & Alert

—-

Any chance of getting an “I got it” thread? I have so much more to say re my vaccine, side effects...etc. I don’t want to clog the main thread. I reported my post.
There actually is a thread here :) :

Members' Covid-19 Post-Vaccination Questions & Answers *NO GENERAL DISCUSSION*

I'm getting the Moderna on February 3rd.

Congrats Jane, Zecats and everyone! :)

Last edited:
Any chance of getting an “I got it” thread? I have so much more to say re my vaccine, side effects...etc. I don’t want to clog the main thread. I reported my post.

There is an existing *NO DISCUSSION* thread to post about vaccine experiences. It is here. Please be sure to read the Opening Post that sets out the parameters for the thread. It is NOT for general discussion .. it exists to present brief, concise information without all the fluff of general discussion.

If you have a "lot" more to share, you can post in this general discussion thread.

Oregon health workers vaccinated drivers after they got stuck in a snowstorm so that coronavirus vaccine doses would not go to waste

After getting stuck in a snowstorm health workers in Oregon vaccinated stranded drivers before their remaining coronavirus vaccine doses expired.

The Josephine County Public Health Department announced in a Facebook post that 20 of their staff and workers got stuck in a snowstorm after a mass vaccination event at a local high school and had six doses of the vaccine left.

Oregon health workers vaccinated drivers after they got stuck in a snowstorm so that coronavirus vaccine doses would not go to waste

After getting stuck in a snowstorm health workers in Oregon vaccinated stranded drivers before their remaining coronavirus vaccine doses expired.

The Josephine County Public Health Department announced in a Facebook post that 20 of their staff and workers got stuck in a snowstorm after a mass vaccination event at a local high school and had six doses of the vaccine left.

Risky. What about a possible allergic reaction?

I live in an Independent Senior Living community. They are apartments that we rent - but all meals are included. I moved here in October after selling my huge condo. I really enjoy the downsizing aspect of it, but I do have to say that this place just bewilders me on how "not serious" they take Covid protocols. We have open dining in the dining room- a max of 33 people each meal allowed (like that is some kind of "magic safe number") and the rest of us take our meals in our apartments- which is what I do ALL the time. They also have outside entertainers come in during the week...singing in our atrium with no mask- sometimes its group choirs even. Residents sit within inches of these singers with masks pulled down singing along! They do crafts and exercise classes with 20 people in them. Don't even get me started on the residents - who the majority don't wear masks or wear them properly at all...no matter how many times announcements are made. Then there is the staff- one who consistently wears her mask as a chin strap - I have never not once seen it pulled up. Another the same...our director wears a dumb gaitor mask if you can call it that- we all know those are just as bad as not wearing a mask...needless to say I avoid all of them and double mask if I even stick my head out my door. Yes, we have had staff with Covid and residents too!! Very scary, esp. when its a community of at- risk folks. One concern I have is - they are planning a vaccine clinic- which is a good thing- but I am concerned that everyone here will be even more slack after that- not understanding that it takes 2 jabs to get the full effect - I don't see many scientific like minded folks here. I sometimes wonder- do they even watch the news? Our city has some of the highest cases in our state.

For those that were here in the beginning, this was the first for the thread to follow at WS. (He was livestreaming from Wuhan as to when lockdown first happened, and kept us up to date as did the couple on the ship which we followed here)

It's Ben's birthday! He talks about two birthdays in lockdown, first in Wuhan (as some shared) and now again. (iirc, he's gone through 6 altogether).

He's talking about all his friends are back in Wuhan, except him. He's living with his mom, and he says he has nothing and can't do anymore as he doesn't have a job etc.. Awwww, he's dejected and needs our support.. Truly... he does MOO

Just a shout out for his support

Happy 25th Ben!

Ben's Nine Lives
14.2K subscribers
Hello there! Today is my birthday, thankfully that'll make it easier to remember the day I finally went insane due to lockdown.

Last edited:
I received vaccine #2 today at the Medical Center that I work for. Super organized, held indoors, at our football stadium. I waited behind maybe 10 people. Social distanced with chairs available if needed. Nice social distanced area to wait after, complete with a fully equipped paramedic. We have the capacity to vaccinate 24,000 weekly. Sadly, 2-3 thousand is all we can do because of supply of vaccine. I was very fortunate to be included in this round. Although I work from home, I am considered critical staff due to or work with the ER and Telestroke program. We bring a stroke doctor virtually to ER's in rural areas!

The nurse that gave me the shot said to be prepared for a stronger reaction after #2. ( Pfizer)
I took the day off tomorrow with an option for Friday off as well.

cant wait to hear back from you...

Avoid preventive pain relievers before getting a COVID vaccine: Experts

Vaccine recipients typically experience minimal side effects -- the most common being temporary pain and swelling at the injection site, fevers, chills, tiredness, muscle aches and pains and headaches.

While these side effects are generally a minor nuisance to most people, some attempt to prevent them by taking common over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (e.g., Motrin, Advil) beforehand. However, experts said these medications might not just dull the pain, but they may dull the vaccine from fully working.

“We do not recommend premedication with ibuprofen or Tylenol before COVID-19 vaccines due to the lack of data on how it impacts the vaccine-induced antibody responses..."

Hey Cooly...just want to say thanks for keeping track of these vaccine symptom stories...
I am coming up to #2/Moderna... and getting a bit nervous...

I live in an Independent Senior Living community. They are apartments that we rent - but all meals are included. I moved here in October after selling my huge condo. I really enjoy the downsizing aspect of it, but I do have to say that this place just bewilders me on how "not serious" they take Covid protocols. We have open dining in the dining room- a max of 33 people each meal allowed (like that is some kind of "magic safe number") and the rest of us take our meals in our apartments- which is what I do ALL the time. They also have outside entertainers come in during the week...singing in our atrium with no mask- sometimes its group choirs even. Residents sit within inches of these singers with masks pulled down singing along! They do crafts and exercise classes with 20 people in them. Don't even get me started on the residents - who the majority don't wear masks or wear them properly at all...no matter how many times announcements are made. Then there is the staff- one who consistently wears her mask as a chin strap - I have never not once seen it pulled up. Another the same...our director wears a dumb gaitor mask if you can call it that- we all know those are just as bad as not wearing a mask...needless to say I avoid all of them and double mask if I even stick my head out my door. Yes, we have had staff with Covid and residents too!! Very scary, esp. when its a community of at- risk folks. One concern I have is - they are planning a vaccine clinic- which is a good thing- but I am concerned that everyone here will be even more slack after that- not understanding that it takes 2 jabs to get the full effect - I don't see many scientific like minded folks here. I sometimes wonder- do they even watch the news? Our city has some of the highest cases in our state.

Interesting as to timing of the move. I've now moved into one of my guest bedrooms in my house as isolated, and it is just more "cozy" to "cocoon" in a smaller area. My yard and home is also more than I need, but just the support I have within my neighborhood I can't yet give up to unknowns. I do hope that you have made new besties, and have an area outdoors from your apartment to be with nature (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr right now, but when nature lets up a few days here and there).

Hey Cooly...just want to say thanks for keeping track of these vaccine symptom stories...

((hugs)) I really appreciate folks sharing symptoms to override the old misinformation that the symptoms are that someone caught the disease through the vaccine, and now learning that it is the immune response that is causing fever and vaso differences (headaches) etc.

Is there a reason other than the symptoms of a great immune response that has you worrying?

No prob. Let us know when you get it.
My dad got his 1st Pfizer last week and his only side effect was sore arm the next morning. He used a pain reliever cream and later the pain completely went away.

They say you get the most side effects after the 2nd dose but that shows that your immune system is responding so it is actually a good thing.

You didn't have an allergic reaction I gather so I will bet dollars to doughnuts you will come through with flying colors. Then you will have peace of mind and can go out more.

Wish I could. I miss Barns and Noble, the walk in the Mall then coffee and browsing through the books, sitting in a soft chair. Going on a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member