DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Captain Tom

BB1dkddF.img

Capt. Tom Moore, UK veteran who walked for NHS, dies at 100

Well, this is good news, and I believe is seen in most states at the moment....
Now if we can just keep the pesky variants at bay.

Florida added 5,730 coronavirus cases Monday, dropping the weekly case average below 10,000 cases per day for the first time in more than a month

Florida adds 5,730 coronavirus cases Monday, 214 deaths

Absolutely gutted. The nation will be mourning him after everything he achieved in lockdown #1. An inspiration to us all.

RIP Captain Sir Tom (1920 - 2021)
Captain Tom - Wikipedia

So loved throughout the world, but so gut-wrenching for you guys.
He was just such a ray of sunshine, joy and hope in this dismal year....

What an honorable life lived, and thank you Brits for sharing him...

Example of Ponytail/Unicorn Method. I used this as an example to cut my wavy hair.

Well, really learned something here today. Cept I didn't really see any difference on her hair.
Anyone with curly hair to me... is just d*mm lucky.
I am going to see if I can find this ponytaily approach for medium-length, super-fine, straighter-than-straight hair now!!!

I'm starting to think nothing can stop it. Even with enhanced travel precautions, we're all just sitting ducks, it seems.

I really don't get how it's spreading like this. I haven't seen anyone without a mask in months, people are being careful to social distance. I have to wonder if it's a good idea to have schools open and to have sports events, though.
I’m seeing about 1/2 masks and little attempt to social distance. Lot of people griping about schools not being open.

I’m seeing about 1/2 masks and little attempt to social distance. Lot of people griping about schools not being open.

Crazy. Maybe we should start writing tickets and fining people who go out in public without a mask.

Re schools opening, every person I know personally who caught COVID got it from their kids who were going to school.

This is what the South China Morning Post is saying ....

The timing of a World Health Organization (WHO) probe in Wuhan to trace the origin of Sars-CoV-2 could not be better.
The administration of US President Joe Biden has just come to power and will not be touting the laboratory leak theory put forward by Donald Trump. That theory is shunned by most renowned scientists, and Biden is building an image as a man who respects science. He also has no incentive to endorse his predecessor.
That means it is unlikely there will be mud-slinging between China and the United States over the origin of the virus and the scientists who are in Wuhan now can enjoy a quieter time to do their work.

Against this backdrop, China and the WHO should seize the opportunity to restore their reputations by showcasing a high-quality investigation.

China is eager to convince the world it is transparent, with state media saying the WHO team had been given access to all the institutes and venues they had asked to visit.
Coronavirus probe gives China and WHO chance to polish their reputations

First I have heard this... Have there been many reports on such?

Rita Wilson Says She No Longer Has COVID Antibodies 10 Months After Diagnosis: 'I'm Back Like Everyone Else'

"I just tested two weeks ago and I don't have the antibodies anymore," she said. "But it's okay, I have a mask and I have hand sanitizer, so I'm back like everyone else."..............at least People inserted "Though COVID-19 antibodies can help off infections and protect those with them from getting the disease again, the CDC has warned that antibody tests currently available may not be accurate and should not be used to determine if someone is immune to coronavirus."

Rita Wilson reveals she no longer has antibodies for COVID-19 | Daily Mail Online

In December, she revealed she still had antibodies for COVID-19, almost nine months after she recovered from it. And nearly two months later, Rita Wilson revealed she no longer has the antibodies. The 64-year-old singer/actress, who battled COVID-19 in March 2020, spoke about it on Monday while on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Last edited:
WHO-led team visits animal health centre in China in search for virus origins

Stop at facility part of inquiry trying to piece together how the virus might have moved from bats to humans
After visiting disease control centre, seafood market and hospitals, team member says investigators’ trip is ‘excellent’

The independent team has already visited key hospitals, the regional disease control centre and the city’s Huanan seafood market, where the first cluster of infections was believed to have originated late in 2019.

The trip was going “really well, excellent”, one of its members, Peter Daszak, president of the EcoHealth Alliance, said on Tuesday, responding to a query just before entering the animal health centre.

WHO-led investigation team visits Wuhan animal health centre

And then there is the Chinese man who confirms what we all already know ... that their own population knows as much as we do.
Hai says he will never forgive himself if he can't speak to the WHO team in Wuhan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanmails