Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida is still "lucky" to be warm........
but with the highest number of UK variant cases, and now one of only 4 states to have the Brazil variant.....

who knows what is going to be happening.....
And everyone from everywhere escapes to here to get away from it all!!!

I am going to be keeping my mask snug. And won't be playing any hockey!!

The state has 433 cases out of 1,523 UK variant cases confirmed nationwide by the CDC.

Florida’s 1st case of Brazil COVID-19 variant is in Miami-Dade

Iowa numbers and news today: As of 10:00-11:00 a.m. we had 189 new confirmed cases for a total of 332,762 confirmed cases of which 309,569 are recovering (+404). 38 more were reported to have passed for a total of 5,374. 22 were hospitalized in the last 24 hrs. for a total of 222 (-7). Feb. 22: In Iowa, more than 145,000 Iowans have completed both vaccinations
access
UPDATE: Additional Iowa counties dealing with vaccine delays due to weather
Iowa doctors link pandemic to increase in teen suicide attempts

I came in a little late to the task force press conference, but I heard Dr Fauci mention an NIH resource that makes available reviews they have done of studies (both printed and not printed yet) of treatments and vaccines and other subjects related to treatment guidelines for Covid-19. They have been doing this since April. Here is the link he mentioned if anyone is interested.

Information on COVID-19 Treatment, Prevention and Research

UK roadmap out of lockdown:

So, essentially ...

March 8th schools reopen, meet with another person outside
March 29th meet with up to six people outside
April 12th hairdressers, gyms, museums reopen ... and outside service at pubs and restaurants
May 17th social distancing eased, indoor dining and entertainment resumes - with limits
June 12th nightclubs, weddings resume

With the caveat that if anything spirals down in between these dates, things may change.

Seems as though Boris is trying to get things open for summer.

'One-way road to freedom': Boris Johnson explains UK lockdown exit plan

Last edited:
Biden to order flags to half staff to mark 500K virus deaths

President Biden on Monday will order flags on federal land be lowered to half-staff for the next five days to mark the United States surpassing 500,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic.

Biden will also deliver remarks at a candle-lighting ceremony later Monday and hold a moment of silence.

"Tonight’s events, including the president’s remarks, will highlight the magnitude of loss this milestone marks for the American people and so many families across the country," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said at a briefing. "He will also speak to the power of the American people to turn the tide on this pandemic by working together, following public health guidelines and getting vaccinated as soon as they are eligible."“

As U.S. death toll nears half a million, Biden plans to order flags to half staff

gettyimages-1297322961-1a1307f9849da619129928f42ad99fc1b3a88690.jpg

Columns along the sides of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool pay tribute to victims of COVID-19 at a Jan. 19 memorial. Just over a month later, a Monday evening ceremony will pay tribute to 500,000 Americans lives lost.
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images

As U.S. Death Toll Surpasses Half A Million, Biden Plans To Order Flags To Half Staff

“Biden will commemorate the people who died at a Monday evening ceremony, joined by First Lady Jill Biden, Vice President Harris and second gentleman Doug Emhoff. The event will include remarks, a candle lighting ceremony and a moment of silence, according to Psaki.“

—-

:(

Last edited:
I know I don't have a lot of faith in him, but that's mainly because he lied about mask-wearing at the start. I get it that medical personnel needed masks and supply was so short, but I'm not a fan of lying for any reason. I think he could have encouraged us to make cloth masks back then rather than telling us we didn't need them. That still bothers me. Plus, it bothers me that he backed sending funding to China for "gain of function" virus testing after the Obama Administration banned funding it here. So, now when he tells us we might be wearing masks in 2022, I have to wonder about his truthfulness---again.

We're seeing other professional opinions with sunnier predictions, such as the one from Johns Hopkins:
Johns Hopkins doctor thinks COVID will be largely gone by April, half of U.S. has herd immunity

Or, this one:
'We could be approaching herd immunity': Epidemiologist on coronavirus pandemic
It wasn't a lie. That was the prevailing opinion internationally, at the time.

So, essentially ...

March 8th schools reopen, meet with another person outside
March 29th meet with up to six people outside
April 12th hairdressers, gyms, museums reopen ... and outside service at pubs and restaurants
May 17th social distancing eased, indoor dining and entertainment resumes - with limits
June 12th nightclubs, weddings resume

With the caveat that if anything spirals down in between these dates, things may change.

Seems as though Boris is trying to get things open for summer.

'One-way road to freedom': Boris Johnson explains UK lockdown exit plan
That's a good summary. With 5 week testing points along the way, to "release" the next phase.

I think the furlough scheme may be extended by a few weeks for hospitality as it current ends 30 April.

Our leaders must all be shattered. They slightly muffed the briefing tonight, only mixing a few words up here and there, but it occurred to me how exhausted they must be. A day in parliament followed by a 7pm live press briefing which ran until 8pm.

It wasn't a lie. That was the prevailing opinion internationally, at the time.

It wasn't the prevailing opinion internationally--the Chinese had been advocating wearing masks for nearly two decades by that time and the CDC as far back as 2007 was advocating wearing N95 masks for protection during a flu pandemic. It's virtually impossible for Fauci not to have known what the CDC had been advocating for more than a decade. Hence, he lied. He may have thought he had good reason to do so -- but that's why I don't care for the man. That, plus his stance on GoF testing.

CDC Press Briefing Transcripts May 3, 2007

It wasn't the prevailing opinion internationally--the Chinese had been advocating wearing masks for nearly two decades by that time and the CDC as far back as 2007 was advocating wearing N95 masks for protection during a flu pandemic. It's virtually impossible for Fauci not to have known what the CDC had been advocating for more than a decade. Hence, he lied. He may have thought he had good reason to do so -- but that's why I don't care for the man. That, plus his stance on GoF testing.

GoF testing ... ?

Reactions: GRT
Was just watching today's session with dr. Fauci, the head of the CDC, and dr. Andy slavik. One of the things they pointed out was a benefit of if you have gotten two doses of the vaccine is it and you no longer have to quarantine if you have been exposed to a positive person. They didn't say it specifically, but I would assume that means they don't have to quarantine after they fly into the country . I caught the tail end of it on C-Span just now.

I believe that Dr Fauci was gagged by someone else who discouraged people from wearing masks.
And I live internationally, and the countries I know were not advised to wear masks until late in the year with sporadic outbreaks. Asians wear masks outside of flu. They wear them just as much for pollution as viruses.

I came in a little late to the task force press conference, but I heard Dr Fauci mention an NIH resource that makes available reviews they have done of studies (both printed and not printed yet) of treatments and vaccines and other subjects related to treatment guidelines for Covid-19. They have been doing this since April. Here is the link he mentioned if anyone is interested.

Information on COVID-19 Treatment, Prevention and Research

Thanks, Lilibet, that is a great resource. I had looked at it months ago but had forgotten about it. I'll bookmark the site.

Get Access

First proven case of Covid spread from organ donor to patient.

This puzzles me as to how this could have occurred, especially at the University of Michigan Hospital: In a Covid environment, wouldn't these esteemed physicians
consider this could have happened. The patient died. This was a lung transplant.

Get Access

First proven case of Covid spread from organ donor to patient.

This puzzles me as to how this could have occurred, especially at the University of Michigan Hospital: In a Covid environment, wouldn't these esteemed physicians
consider this could have happened. The patient died. This was a lung transplant.
That is behind a paywall for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member