Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so odd!

I can understand some of the school administrators asking teachers, parents, students to be cautious, but that's beyond the pale.

And, I may be wrong, but not hiring a person because they got a vaccine seems to go against HIPPA rules. Teachers should be able to seek a vaccine if they so choose without risking their jobs.
They also should be able to work without receiving a vaccine, again due to HIPPARCHUS laws.

The challenge will be coming now as we begin to open up again. From mid May people can visit another household indoors again and restaurants will open for indoor dining. I'm hoping that with the vaccine rollout going so well (currently available to all over 42 years old, the age lowers at a decent pace) that will be a big help. Fingers crossed and all that!
Here in Florida we have been open for a long time. Our numbers have been dropping and did not increase after re-opening. There are several peer reviewed studies that say herd immunity is already in place in many areas. Vaccines alone do not give you this. When you consider people that recovered added to those vaccinated the overall immunity is actually quite high.

Yes, it is. Do you find that to be a reasonable possibility. I don’t mean accepting that it is true, only that it isn’t unreasonable to consider it.

We need more information regarding the origins of the virus in China: I don't think we know at this time though I am leaning towards the wet market as the origin, I am not firm in that opinion. I entertain the possibility it escaped from a lab, though I think that is of a lower possibility.

My state released some figures that reveal where our overseas cases (quarantined travellers) are coming from.
Just putting the stats here as an example of how widespread the virus is, and how travel just spreads and spreads it.
If we didn't have such strict quarantine we could be badly in the grip of covid right now.

United Kingdom - 73 cases
India - 46 cases
Pakistan - 36 cases
United States - 31 cases
Unspecified Europe - <26 cases
Lebanon - 14 cases
Canada - 13 cases
Philippines - 12 cases
Turkey - 11 cases
Overseas (country not specified) - 11 cases
Italy - 11 cases
Afghanistan - 6 cases
France - 6 cases
Spain - 6 cases
Bosnia and Herzegovina - 5 cases
Ethiopia - 5 cases
Germany - 5 cases
Iraq - 5 cases
Saudi Arabia - 5 cases
Other countries with fewer than five cases - 110 cases

International flights into Adelaide to resume as COVID–19 case origins revealed

every time I read a bit of "entertainment news," all the actors and actresses, esp Americans, are either on a beach in AUS or filming in AUS... Is it my imagination, or is the whole US entertainment industry now in AUS? Why do I feel as if I know all about Byron Bay real estate and Bondi beach when I have not even looked at a map?

every time I read a bit of "entertainment news," all the actors and actresses, esp Americans, are either on a beach in AUS or filming in AUS... Is it my imagination, or is the whole US entertainment industry now in AUS? Why do I feel as if I know all about Byron Bay real estate and Bondi beach when I have not even looked at a map?

Yep. Half of the US actors and actresses must be here by now. Suddenly everyone has decided that Australia is a great place for filming.
They pay huge prices to come here, pay for their own strict quarantine upon arrival, but they don't care. They are now in a relatively covid free place where they can work with few worries.

That is unreasonable. Experimental vaccine, only approved for emergency use should never be forced on anybody.

Not classed as emergency use vaccines in other places. Just the FDA is slack in getting the rigorous testing and full approvals done.

For example .....

The UK has fully approved Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca.
Moderna becomes third Covid vaccine approved in the UK

Australia has fully approved Pfizer and AstraZeneca.
Which COVID-19 vaccine will I receive?

Europe has fully approved Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, and J&J.
Safe COVID-19 vaccines for Europeans

New Zealand has fully approved Pfizer.
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine gets full approval in New Zealand, high-risk people first to get the jab

Canada has fully approved Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, and Covishield.
A look at how Canada approved 5 COVID-19 vaccines in under a year

Last edited:
Yep. Half of the US actors and actresses must be here by now. Suddenly everyone has decided that Australia is a great place for filming.
They pay huge prices to come here, pay for their own strict quarantine upon arrival, but they don't care. They are now in a relatively covid free place where they can work with few worries.

I've wondered many times about how all these new movies were being made. Now, I know!

Free beer, doughnuts and savings bonds: COVID-19 vaccination drive gets creative in U.S.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-co...7avR3Te8e1oGUoumSqffSpIEcntKmuEOjlgd9WEic-dKA

I drove STRAIGHT to krispy creme the day I got my second Pfizer shot... ohhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhh was that good as I don't have one near where I live, but was 1/2 mile from vaccination mass site!

ETA: I scoured the link for FREE BEER!!! ha, nothing noted to a company, only that some had "shots and beer" specials.

Last edited:
I drove STRAIGHT to krispy creme the day I got my second Pfizer shot... ohhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhh was that good as I don't have one near where I live, but was 1/2 mile from vaccination mass site!

ETA: I scoured the link for FREE BEER!!! ha, nothing noted to a company, only that some had "shots and beer" specials.

Yummy!!! Krispy Creme donuts are the best!!!

Massachusetts to close 4 of 7 super vaccination sites by early June
More at link

The Baker administration is winding down its system of privately run super vaccination sites, planning to close four of the seven sites by June.
Gov. Charlie Baker on Monday announced plans to “gradually close” four sites and shift more doses to the state’s 22 regional collaboratives. At least 500,000 people have been vaccinated through these large-scale vaccination sites with more than 1.2 million doses being administered.

“As we continue to disperse vaccines more widely across communities, we plan to gradually close four of the seven mass vaccination sites by the end of June,” the Republican governor said Monday morning during a news briefing at the Massachusetts State House.

The state has launched seven mass vaccination sites since January: Eastfield Mall in Springfield, Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Hynes Convention Center in Boston (replaced the site at Fenway Park), the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston, the DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers, the former Circuit City in Dartmouth and Natick Mall. Baker did not say which vaccination sites would close in early June.

The system gained scrutiny in the early months, however, as the statespent millions of dollars sending doses to a handful of large-scale sites run by private vendors in lieu of local boards of health and, at least for one week, in lieu of hospital systems. Western Massachusetts lawmakers raised alarms about the prioritization for super vaccination sites when the region was home to one in Springfield across four counties.

Some regions of the state, such as the Berkshires and Cape Code, set up regional collaboratives to try to divert doses equitably. The Baker administration stopped sending doses to local boards of health earlier this year, citing limited doses and a need to prioritize the super vaccination sites, but started sending them to other regional collaboratives that set up around the state.

I believe Budweiser is doing a free beer for vax promo. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member