Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Amazon warehouse workers see spike in Covid cases
Workers in Dallas, Baltimore, St. Louis and Las Vegas have all noticed a rise in cases.
As the nation faces a fourth wave of Covid-19, Amazon warehouse workers say the company is notifying them of a rising number of cases among employees. At the same time, the company is relaxing its mask policies and shutting down on-site free testing at the end of the month.
Amazon's mixed message to workers: Cases are up, testing is over and masks are optional

I don’t dispute what you say but I was sat with my hubby and son in a booth , a few feet away from the next booth and what I don’t understand is why Olly with bottle of cola and a slice of lime/orange got it quite bad for his age and dad , my ex husband was on pints and he got it but just felt a bit yukky for a couple of days then done , yet I have been soooo bad . I have just said to my friend that it’s a good job I’m not living in America with a loaded gun in my house because I seriously think that I would have pulled the trigger on myself, that’s how bad it has been x
A few feet is not enough to socially distance for covid. Even six feet is probably not enough. Each person reacts differently to covid. It's a very unpredictable disease.

She’s awful. Just disgusting.

Does she follow MTG on Twitter? That is the message that she is pushing, according to a link I saw earlier.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporter Tia Mitchell asked. “You know, there are children, skinny people who have died of the coronavirus.”

The congresswoman responded with a demonstrative laugh.

‘You crack me up’

I don’t dispute what you say but I was sat with my hubby and son in a booth , a few feet away from the next booth and what I don’t understand is why Olly with bottle of cola and a slice of lime/orange got it quite bad for his age and dad , my ex husband was on pints and he got it but just felt a bit yukky for a couple of days then done , yet I have been soooo bad . I have just said to my friend that it’s a good job I’m not living in America with a loaded gun in my house because I seriously think that I would have pulled the trigger on myself, that’s how bad it has been x

It is good to hear that you are recovering well. :)

Delta is super contagious. And being in the enclosed space of a pub ... sounds as if you all were basically sharing the room with Delta.
We are seeing Delta cases in my state at the moment where all a person had to do to catch Delta was share the same room (in a winery) with an infected person, in a 'socially distanced' way.

We have a case in another state (NSW) where a man passed by another infected man on an escalator (mere seconds) and caught the virus.

We probably have more similar cases of miniscule contact, but these are two examples that I know of, off the top of my head.

Louisiana mom holds vaccine drive at funeral for son who died of COVID

A Louisiana mother held a vaccine drive at the funeral of her son who died of COVID-19 after refusing to get vaccinated.

Brandon Antoine passed away from the virus aged 46 in Baton Rouge on June 9.

His mother, Betty Antoine, begged him to get the vaccine before he contracted the virus, though he refused.

Now she is hoping other families do not go through the same tragedy, and used her son's funeral as an opportunity to get others in her community vaccinated.

I'm surprised that person didn't include not being "Black" among her reasons.

I think Nick Cordero's wife would have something to say about having ONLY those conditions making someone at risk for catching Covid. Young, Fit & Healthy, and now Dead.

Oh Yes, a terrible tragedy--- and at the time when we did think Covid killed mostly old people, Nick Cordero's death was shocking

First of all, I am so glad you feel you have turned the corner.... but this is amazing.... Did your kids and ex also have the astra-zeneca....and you are saying they were positive, but had minor symptoms, and now negative???

(I see now that you have answered my above question!!)

My thinking is a bit foggy on this...but have we felt "in the US we follow what we see in England"??
Only Mike who is my ex hubby and I ( we still live together as one family but dad has his own apartment within the house ) have been vaccinated by Astra Zeneca x 2.
Twins, Olly and Alexa are 14 and not vaccinated
Mike got it but wasn’t bed bound and had minor symptoms and he tested everyday from his first positive reading until he got three negative results in a row- that was about 1 week in all.
Olly got it and has been quite poorly but again it was a total of one week following the same process as mike.
Alexa didn’t get it until Saturday (5 days after) and was done with it after 4 days, repeating the same process as Olly and Mike and she had minor symptoms.
I was ill straightaway from Monday 12th but wasn’t positive until thur 15th when I was already deep in the throes of covid . I finally started to turn the corner yesterday and ate soup for the first time and kept it down. I tested negative today after 12 going into 13 days but although I have turned the corner, I’m still poorly . Hope that is clearer? Apologies if it’s not as I can’t formulate my words properly yet, it’s all so exhausting

Today my husband had someone from Bath Fitters come to our home- we have a teeny tiny bathroom--the technician told us he was fully vaccinated and he wore a mask- my husband wore a mask, and i did, although I was not in the bathroom with them. Despite these precautions, I still worry.

You make far too much sense!! There is the thought the viral load for vaccinated people is pretty low and therefore not as easily transmissible. Nevertheless, since there is still not a lot scientifically known about this issue, it seems to be the best course of action would be the most cautious: masks should still be worn by vaccinated and unvaccinated.

One of the most evil characteristics of this virus is how a person thinks they are getting better- their symptoms seem to subside a bit, and then bam, they are dead.
I noticed that it seemed to come in waves and just as you thought that it was getting a touch better, bam, the rug was pulled up from under your feet and it all started again. Very cruel in that regard.
APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF COVID VIRUS
In my experience, when I was vomiting ten times a day, there was no food or bile left to expel but I would expel this clear thick froth type of mucus but it was so colourless and odious looking. It must have been my bodies way to clean my lungs ?

It is good to hear that you are recovering well. :)

Delta is super contagious. And being in the enclosed space of a pub ... sounds as if you all were basically sharing the room with Delta.
We are seeing Delta cases in my state at the moment where all a person had to do to catch Delta was share the same room (in a winery) with an infected person, in a 'socially distanced' way.

We have a case in another state (NSW) where a man passed by another infected man on an escalator (mere seconds) and caught the virus.

We probably have more similar cases of miniscule contact, but these are two examples that I know of, off the top of my head.
It’s crazy - no rhyme or reason because my daughter Alexa wasn’t with us and it took 5 days of her sharing the house together for her to get it . Even though delta is super contagious

It’s crazy - no rhyme or reason because my daughter Alexa wasn’t with us and it took 5 days of her sharing the house together for her to get it . Even though delta is super contagious
There is an incubation period of 4-5 days. Which means after one is infected, it takes 4-5 days to start showing symptoms. So five days sounds normal.

Only Mike who is my ex hubby and I ( we still live together as one family but dad has his own apartment within the house ) have been vaccinated by Astra Zeneca x 2.
Twins, Olly and Alexa are 14 and not vaccinated
Mike got it but wasn’t bed bound and had minor symptoms and he tested everyday from his first positive reading until he got three negative results in a row- that was about 1 week in all.
Olly got it and has been quite poorly but again it was a total of one week following the same process as mike.
Alexa didn’t get it until Saturday (5 days after) and was done with it after 4 days, repeating the same process as Olly and Mike and she had minor symptoms.
I was ill straightaway from Monday 12th but wasn’t positive until thur 15th when I was already deep in the throes of covid . I finally started to turn the corner yesterday and ate soup for the first time and kept it down. I tested negative today after 12 going into 13 days but although I have turned the corner, I’m still poorly . Hope that is clearer? Apologies if it’s not as I can’t formulate my words properly yet, it’s all so exhausting
It sounds truly awful! Wishes for your continued recovery!!

Sorry to hear you’ve had a nasty bout of it @Angleterre, hopefully you’re on track to get fully better soon :) I know of several families where it has spread through the household despite precautions, it is definitely more transmissible than last time.

I’ve just seen USA cases are now surging too, must be Delta. Stay safe everybody, she’s a nasty one.

I have to tell you no one was more afraid of getting the vaccine then me. I was very afraid of having an allergic reaction because I have so many allergies. My husband was not afraid at all and he got vaccinated long before me. However, my fear of this evil nasty vile virus was greater than my fear of the vaccine. Prior to getting vaccinated I lived in fear every day of getting the virus. I am so grateful they have a vaccine which was developed in record time ( understanding that mRNA was actuallly developed at least a decade ago and needed to be tweaked). It seems those people who resist the vaccine so strongly do not realize what a miracle it is that we actually have a vaccine at all!!! Without the development of the vaccine, this country would be in a world of much more death and illness.

This so relates to me, I have had full anaphylaxis twice, intolerances to some drugs, chemicals, food. My doctor told me there wouldn’t be a clinic that would accept me and that I would need to be very careful! I got very down and anxious. Anyhow I did find a place and am booked in early August for Pfizer. Hubby had first dose AZ and getting his second soon. We are in Australia so vaccine rollout has been very slow unfortunately and now in Sydney we are in a strict lockdown with national emergency declared for some areas.
Can I ask what vaccine you had and any reaction? Did the clinic keep you longer to observe?

This so relates to me, I have had full anaphylaxis twice, intolerances to some drugs, chemicals, food. My doctor told me there wouldn’t be a clinic that would accept me and that I would need to be very careful! I got very down and anxious. Anyhow I did find a place and am booked in early August for Pfizer. Hubby had first dose AZ and getting his second soon. We are in Australia so vaccine rollout has been very slow unfortunately and now in Sydney we are in a strict lockdown with national emergency declared for some areas.
Can I ask what vaccine you had and any reaction? Did the clinic keep you longer to observe?

Thank goodness I had no reaction (after 2nd shot I developed a low fever and a few aches that were gone in 24 hours. I do have to say though I have no history of any anaphylactic reaction previously- since you have had that type of reaction you will need to tell the person giving the shot and I am sure they will watch you like a hawk for a while, at least a half hour. Have you ever had anaphylactic reaction to an injection in the past? that would be pretty important information to convey to the person giving you the vaccine. I wish you the best of luck- let us know how you do.

Last edited:
I noticed that it seemed to come in waves and just as you thought that it was getting a touch better, bam, the rug was pulled up from under your feet and it all started again. Very cruel in that regard.
APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF COVID VIRUS
In my experience, when I was vomiting ten times a day, there was no food or bile left to expel but I would expel this clear thick froth type of mucus but it was so colourless and odious looking. It must have been my bodies way to clean my lungs ?

I am so sorry you had to go through this and that you are now on the road to recovery. This virus is pure evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen