Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the poll :) I will be happy to get vaccinated against Covid when my primary care physician assures me that it is safe and effective. I doubt that there will be enough data to indicate the vaccine's safety and efficacy within 30 days. I expect to get the vaccine sometime next spring.

that's one gift horse I'd be looking in the mouth …. vaccine in my northern area is unlikely to arrive for many months … very low rate of infection, around 20 infections per 100,000 since the beginning and … prior to the possibility of a vaccine, the province promised ‘flu shots’ as frontline defense to prevent a twindemic … however I was unable to receive the assigned dosage due to supply problems ….

I would prefer Moderna - but if Pfizer were truly available to me, I'd take it. They are similar vaccines.

If I learn that it'll be only a slight delay for Moderna, I'll probably wait. Of course, this all depends on the vaccines being reviewed by medical experts in my state, since the governor says no vaccines will be distributed without that review (it's my understanding that the review is almost done, although both Pfizer and Modern vaccine makers are being asked for more data).

I am on the fence right now. I haven't had the flu for over 20 years, and I don't get a flu shot either. The last time I had a cold was the same, but I do have allergies. Haven't had Covid yet. So I will wait and see what comes of it.

I’m in a covid study, link below. But it’s with the BCG vaccine (tuberculosis) the study is if this vaccine (100 years old) will mitigate covid symptoms and decrease death rate. They are doing it with healthcare workers (I’m a home-health nurse). My question is, if it’s proven in these studies all around the world that it mitigates symptoms do you think more people would sign up for that opposed to the new vaccine?
If there’s a different thread I should be in let me know.

https://health.tamu.edu/bcgtrial/index.html

I’m in a covid study, link below. But it’s with the BCG vaccine (tuberculosis) the study is if this vaccine (100 years old) will mitigate covid symptoms and decrease death rate. They are doing it with healthcare workers (I’m a home-health nurse). My question is, if it’s proven in these studies all around the world that it mitigates symptoms do you think more people would sign up for that opposed to the new vaccine?
https://health.tamu.edu/bcgtrial/index.html
BCG Study to Help Prevent COVID-19

I had no idea that the TB vaccine was being considered as a treatment 'a repurposed approved vaccine' is a thought, yet it would not be the only treatment available and people are receiving vaccination against covid 19. The study says the main goal is to learn if it " can help prevent COVID -19 infection and/or mitigate the severity of the illness compared to a placebo." Please excuse my lack of understanding, but does this mean that being exposed to the virus is part of the study?

I was feeling apprehensive about getting it because I have a lot of drug allergies (everything from asprin to several antibiotics) now after yesterdays news coming out about people with history of significant allergic reactions should wait until further research comes out, I am definitely waiting for a while.

https://health.tamu.edu/bcgt
rial/index.html

I am assuming that the BCG vaccine is being tried due to it having evidence of off target, non specific immune benefits other than protecting for TB itself. This has been observed with other vaccines, including the measles vaccine, and rabies vaccine in dogs.

Here's some more information

Non-specific effect of vaccines - Wikipedia

I was feeling apprehensive about getting it because I have a lot of drug allergies (everything from asprin to several antibiotics) now after yesterdays news coming out about people with history of significant allergic reactions should wait until further research comes out, I am definitely waiting for a while.

I know that feeling... found this info given by Dr Henry in B.C. helpful and she was clear "The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has not been tested on people under the age of 16, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems." I'm thinking it will be a screening question. That option is off the table for me as well. Moderna ?

I am assuming that the BCG vaccine is being tried due to it having evidence of off target, non specific immune benefits other than protecting for TB itself. This has been observed with other vaccines, including the measles vaccine, and rabies vaccine in dogs.

Here's some more information

Non-specific effect of vaccines - Wikipedia
Yes!! Exactly

I know that feeling... found this info given by Dr Henry in B.C. helpful and she was clear "The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has not been tested on people under the age of 16, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems." I'm thinking it will be a screening question. That option is off the table for me as well. Moderna ?
I had signed up to do moderna vaccine trial but I had cataract surgery a month earlier They said “we want to be as safe as possible” reason for refusal.

I had no idea that the TB vaccine was being considered as a treatment 'a repurposed approved vaccine' is a thought, yet it would not be the only treatment available and people are receiving vaccination against covid 19. The study says the main goal is to learn if it " can help prevent COVID -19 infection and/or mitigate the severity of the illness compared to a placebo." Please excuse my lack of understanding, but does this mean that being exposed to the virus is part of the study?
No not being intentionally exposed. It’s being done w healthcare workers on volunteer basis of course. People that might be exposed under regular working conditions.

Maybe wait for the others. Moderna, astra Zeneca etc. can definitely understand your apprehension.

I’m probably at the bottom of the list but if our facility has enough to go around I’m there sleeve rolled up. (Mainly cause I don’t want to get bumped down to the end of the general public line in the late spring)
Seems like at least some of our eligible hc workers will be declining...so more for the rest of us)

I’m a healthcare worker. I am willing to be first in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper