Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two states which are under-performing on a statewide basis are currently: Alabama and Georgia.
I've lived in both states. I'm not a bit surprised.

TEXAS ROCKS AND ROLLS!!! ALL the huge sports stadiums and arenas are open for people to get their COVID vaccines without getting out of their vehicles or to walk gently ( or in a WC) on great floors without thresholds and steps.

Our large sports complexes are also being utilized so well. Sure, they put protective flooring on the court floors indoors, but it's no impediment as we simply have a wider perimeter to travel with huge tape Xs in between each person. Way over 6 ft for safety.

Texas takes care of its PEOPLE FIRST!!! I love my new home state forever!! :)

Good luck to all. I care that every state is utilizing resources and getting their vaccines in, using them properly and protecting everyone!
Try really hard to register with your county, township or area State Department of Public Health.
That place we call " the Health Department". They are coordinating the area hub distributions as state mandates. It's what they were created to do.
AFAIK, they include the drug store locations with vaccines as well. ALL the vaccines count the same. :)

Last edited:
Its ridiculous the way we are having to wait in AL . I’m just a few months shy of being 65 and am considered high risk. But they don’t know when my group will be offered the vaccine. I MIGHT have a connection to get a leftover dose in TN. MIGHT. Please don’t criticize me for posting that. Ive had covid once, I recovered safely. I don’t have antibodies any longer(tested) and I’m frightened. I will do what I need to do to get a vaccine if it means traveling out of my backward state that I normally love.

Its ridiculous the way we are having to wait in AL . I’m just a few months shy of being 65 and am considered high risk. But they don’t know when my group will be offered the vaccine. I MIGHT have a connection to get a leftover dose in TN. MIGHT. Please don’t criticize me for posting that. Ive had covid once, I recovered safely. I don’t have antibodies any longer(tested) and I’m frightened. I will do what I need to do to get a vaccine if it means traveling out of my backward state that I normally love.

Go for it: Whatever it takes!!!!

The only 2 blood relatives I have live in AL. I worry about their safety from COVID every day.

Let me give you an example from a long term Alabamian ( me) about how backwards the thinking is in the state.

I left Facebook over this, and I had 5000 friends ( the max) mostly famous people, not AL people.
A lady I remember as a girl in HS had herself a full blown hissy fit last spring, when COVID first hit, because " WalMart promised to wipe down the cart handles, and they didn't wipe them down like they said they would".

It ticked me off so badly that someone who needed necessary cleaners, food, basic items couldn't buy some cleaner and wipe down her own cart handle like I would, now that I'm an independent Texan, I wrote about " Learned Helplessness" of that generation of women. They know what to do, they just WON'T do it. They'll wait on someone else to do it for them, or get their purse and go to the house.

I was right. If you want something sanitized, then take your Clorox wipes in your big ole purse and wipe it down and then wash your hands. Or don't complain. People were talking about how busy WalMart was trying to restock what people needed, and that comment about the cart handle just ticked me off like my mother can do. It's totally an Alabama thing, also likely in some parts of GA.

If you can find a vaccine in TN, get in the car and go to TN, and wait until you're waved into the building. Send flowers to the friend, chocolates, or other gifts. The squeaky wheel gets the grease IF it's a super duper nice thing you do for them for their " help in advance".

Always be the Southern gracious lady, not the one who yells and screams for favors when the chips are down. You'll get that vaccine with a lovely bouquet wired to your friend and some Godiva sent Fed Ex. I know, I'm partly still an Alabama girl too!! :) <3 <3

DH received his invitation from Beaumont Healthy this morning - eight days after I was invited to get Covid vaccine. He was contacted by Meijer the day after I received my initial Pfizer dose and got his shot that day (also Pfizer). Our second shots are March 24 and 25. We'll be glad to put this behind us.

Strong southern woman, true southern belle with a bit of sweet potato queen thrown in. I’ll do what I need to make it happen. Helpless is not in my vocabulary. (Wink)

You go, girl!!! Don't ever be afraid to fight ( wearing velvet gloves and a sweet smile) for what you need in life and can't get on your own. :)

I'm rooting for you, and as a Christian, I'm praying for you and all of Alabama and Georgia ( I loved living near Atlanta- the PANDAS!!!!)

2 1/2 days post 2nd Pfizer vaccination:
(I had side effects of a headache, feeling depleted/tired, random dizziness)

I have turned the corner!
I expect to wake up tomorrow my regular glorious self;)

So glad that you've turned the corner! I have the second one Saturday, Pfzer also. Nervous but excited to get it over with. :)

The two states which are under-performing on a statewide basis are currently: Alabama and Georgia.
I've lived in both states. I'm not a bit surprised.

TEXAS ROCKS AND ROLLS!!! ALL the huge sports stadiums and arenas are open for people to get their COVID vaccines without getting out of their vehicles or to walk gently ( or in a WC) on great floors without thresholds and steps.

Our large sports complexes are also being utilized so well. Sure, they put protective flooring on the court floors indoors, but it's no impediment as we simply have a wider perimeter to travel with huge tape Xs in between each person. Way over 6 ft for safety.

Texas takes care of its PEOPLE FIRST!!! I love my new home state forever!! :)

Good luck to all. I care that every state is utilizing resources and getting their vaccines in, using them properly and protecting everyone!
Try really hard to register with your county, township or area State Department of Public Health.
That place we call " the Health Department". They are coordinating the area hub distributions as state mandates. It's what they were created to do.
AFAIK, they include the drug store locations with vaccines as well. ALL the vaccines count the same. :)
It’s too bad not every county in Texas is like Houston/Harris County regarding vaccine availability and accessibility.

I know of several coastal counties where the local Walgreens (according to the Walgreens website) is not on the list to receive doses.

The mass vaccination sites are in the large cities like Houston. Is every county supposed to hold their own mass drive up vaccination event?

As of TODAY. Both hubby and I are supposedly immune from Covid.
I went to a store.
I masked up, I used hand sanitizer, coming home, I immediately washed my hands..
I thought to myself this morning....Im FREE !!!
Yet I still did all the safety precautions I would normally do.

This isn't just about one state or the other.

Did everyone read the CDC statement that if you've completed your vaccines plus some time ( I'd say 2 weeks) to gain immunity, it's safe to go out without a mask?

To basically go wherever we want to go? It blows my mind that self- imposed safety exiles might be over.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. My mask has been EVERYTHING to me, but, I had many years' of wearing them in clinical practice with patients in isolation.

How does everyone feel about the mask drop? I think it's SAFE, because of what the vaccine was intended to do and does do for us, but it's still just weird. Good weird, but a bit scary. Plus, I now wheeze and cough ( thank you not, COVID, for the lung damage).
I don't want anyone to be afraid of being around me if I have an episode of coughing/ wheezing. They don't know what's in my immune system.

I get my 2nd vaccine on the 24th of this month. I'm not dreading it because of the " all clear" from the CDC whether I go the naked face route or not right now. :)

My take from being a fully vaccinated person now?
I just don't believe that I can live a life like I did before Covid, yet.
As a restaurant owner in Southern California, I think our customers will feel the same.
That revelation does not bode well for us. Or, thousands of other small businesses.
I Hope that I am the only one still paranoid?
For all the suffering small business owners and people around our world suffering from this curse of a virus.

As of TODAY. Both hubby and I are supposedly immune from Covid.
I went to a store.
I masked up, I used hand sanitizer, coming home, I immediately washed my hands..
I thought to myself this morning....Im FREE !!!
Yet I still did all the safety precautions I would normally do.

Alaska is the first state to offer vaccines to all residents age 16 and over. Also anyone who works in Alaska is eligible.

Alaska on Tuesday became the first state to make Covid vaccines available to anyone 16 and older who works or lives in the state, effective immediately.

"This historic step is yet another nationwide first for Alaska," Gov. Mike Dunleavy said in a statement, adding he "couldn't be prouder" of Alaska's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...e-covid-vaccines-available-to-nearly-all.html

The adults in my household are vaccinated. We’re going into stores now (masked, and I add glasses as well). SARS/MERS vaccines were under development pre-covid, so we all felt ok getting this vaccine.

My concern is now that vaccinated adults could infect my kids - we don’t know what the virus can do in 20yrs. HPV, for example, is linked to later head/neck & cervical cancers. HIV increases risk of several rare cancers as well. I’m more worried about a virus-caused cancer than MIS-C, simply because it’s such a new and unstudied virus.

It’s too bad not every county in Texas is like Houston/Harris County regarding vaccine availability and accessibility.

I know of several coastal counties where the local Walgreens (according to the Walgreens website) is not on the list to receive doses.

The mass vaccination sites are in the large cities like Houston. Is every county supposed to hold their own mass drive up vaccination event?

Hi, MimosaMornings.
I can tell you that North Texas, the DFW extended area, is just ON FIRE with vaccines, with cell calls for vaccines, with emails and texts for vaccines!!

I made several appointments, not knowing who'd get their COVID vaccine supplies first. I've had my choice of " truly local in my small town with WONDERFUL staff via our many EMS/ Paramedic personnel in the county and city", 3 messages to go to Fort Worth ( well, Arlington, also in Tarrant Co) where they have turned the major sports outdoor stadium into a drive through vaccination center in one's car, and also many calls for appointments in Dallas, also a huge stay in your car and drive through vaccination site. The people doing the screenings and the actual vaccinations are nurses or Paramedics. People qualified to give an injection and gauge any side effects and treat if possible.

Our news from Dallas and Fort Worth indicates that Texas is cooking with gas and all the areas, rural to major city, are getting all the vaccines they asked for and can use, and are vaccinating as many people as have appointments every single day.
( I expect there are also some walk ups who hope to get one dose that's a leftover. It's said that people who are kind of street people are showing up without appointments, and I'd expect them to be given a spare, sterile fresh dose and not be turned away at all).

YAY, TEXAS!!! GO AND SERVE!!! ( I put my years in, now it's a younger generation's turn).

*~*~*~ GOD BLESS THE USA*~*~*~*~*~*

My take from being a fully vaccinated person now?
I just don't believe that I can live a life like I did before Covid, yet.
As a restaurant owner in Southern California, I think our customers will feel the same.
That revelation does not bode well for us. Or, thousands of other small businesses.
I Hope that I am the only one still paranoid?
For all the suffering small business owners and people around our world suffering from this curse of a virus.

You may have some traumas others around you don't have. Your business likely was hit hard for one solid year.
Now, you're reopening and you are uncertain.

Our general future is uncertain, because ANY other virus can " piggyback" onto this virus, including Ebola and Marburg virus, which is worse than Ebola, even. It is also a bat- borne virus.

We can't be complacent, but we do have science on our side. We've seen Ebola and learned a lot about treating it in a US facility now ( and what NOT to do).
We've seen Marburg virus outbreak in 2017, and I expect the WHO learned from the ill people in Africa.

Remind yourself every day: I'm OK today, I feel fine and I have a career I really love waiting for me to show up.
Talk to your customers with safety, ask them if there's an entree they'd like added to the menu... then add if it possible.

Give people smiles and kindness with their food, and they will ask for another order. Remember- We are in this together, and your customers NEED YOU to be STRONG AND POSITIVE. If you need to talk this over with a counselor, if you are feeling overwhelmed, then go and see someone who will help you understand what WAS and what IS.

I wish you all the best with your life, both personal and professional. :)

PS- If there's not a law against it, take a thermo- scan non contact thermometer to your restaurant and scan people for fevers. Make sure you scan yourself as well for their peace of mind.
It will take a while to build up belief, trust, and confidence. Humility will keep you safer than confidence when it comes to erring on the side of caution.

Signed,
Recently retired RN and Psychologist.

Alaska has so many remote villages that it makes perfect sense to vaccinate everyone 16 and older when healthcare workers travel to the area.

Excellent point! That makes so much common sense. Consideration also that they also have the highest rate overall in addition. Good job Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbw0021