Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I match re: not changing anything about the way we are living
And that made me smile:)

And you are also correct about protection after the 1st Moderna vaccination:

"The Moderna vaccine has been shown to have an efficacy of approximately 92 per cent in protecting against COVID-19, starting 14 days after the first dose."

The Moderna COVID-19 (mRNA-1273) vaccine: what you need to know

Thank you so much for that great information!!!!!!

You and I match re: not changing anything about the way we are living
And that made me smile:)

And you are also correct about protection after the 1st Moderna vaccination:

"The Moderna vaccine has been shown to have an efficacy of approximately 92 per cent in protecting against COVID-19, starting 14 days after the first dose."

Thank you so much for that great information!!!!!!

Like I wrote: European regulators.
EMA, European Medicines Agency.

As for the number of people ending up in hospital with COVID (60 out of 100 would not if vaccinated with AZ, and 40 would indeed, even though vaccinated with AZ), I found that one on the official website of the Dutch RIVM, the main health authority in this pandemic.

BBM

That IS NOT TRUE. Those statistics would be worse than for those who had no vaccines at all!

100 people get the AZ vaccine. 60% efficacy means that out of 100 people who took the vaccine but still ended up positive for COVID, 60 had no symptoms of disease. 40 of them had symptoms. This does NOT mean 40 of them had to go into the hospital because they had severe symptoms, just that 40 of them had some sort of symptoms of COVID infection. When studied for hospitalizations, the vaccine did very very well at preventing them.

All seven COVID-19 vaccines that have completed large efficacy trials — Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax, AstraZeneca, Sputnik V and Sinovac — appear to be 100% effective for serious complications. Not one vaccinated person has gotten sick enough to require hospitalization. Not a single vaccinated person has died of COVID-19.

All COVID vaccines stop severe illness and death. Take what's offered.

Efficacy rates were calculated during the trials. Real life statistics will probably vary some from the drug trials. But certainly not to the degree which you are trying to assert!

A primary analysis of phase 3 trials of the AstraZeneca coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine has confirmed 100% protection against severe disease, hospitalization, and death, as well as more than 70% protection beginning after the first dose, according to a press release.1

AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Analysis Confirms Protection Against Severe Disease, Hospitalization, Death, Suggests Protection Against UK Variant

Last edited:
I should have clarified, though I thought it would be understood that I had all my childhood vaccines. As an adult who can choose, I never chose to get vaccinated for any reason.

Thanks for clarifying-as the best friend of a Christian Scientist who has never been vaccinated for any disease whatsoever, I interpreted your comment to mean the same and figured perhaps your parents were also Christian Scientists or some similar religion/philosophy.

Vaccine update:
24 hours post 2nd Pfizer vaccination

I am having some side effects
A headache, I feel drained, and in the night and this morning random dizziness even while laying down
Maybe like a mild flu

It took me by surprise although it shouldn't have

I keep saying to myself:
Girl!!!
Look at you go - making all those antibodies
Good job!
:)

Vaccine update:

A headache, I feel drained, and in the night and this morning random dizziness even while laying down
Maybe like a mild flu

I keep saying to myself:
Girl!!!
Good job!

Visualizing our cells doing a task we need them to do is productive to our health. Many studies have confirmed this. :)

Vaccine update:

Maybe like a mild flu

I keep saying to myself:
Girl!!!
Good job!

Great. I am pretty much already planning on taking a day or two off from work. I had a severe reaction to the 2nd Shingles vaccine. I am pretty sure I will have a similar experience to you or worse.

Great. I am pretty much already planning on taking a day or two off from work. I had a severe reaction to the 2nd Shingles vaccine. I am pretty sure I will have a similar experience to you or worse.

Talked with my sister over the weekend to let her know that we've had our first shots and hope she will register for hers. She still wants to come for a couple of days so we can watch the World Figure Skating Championships together, but DH and I get our second shots then (March 24 and 25). Not sure we want company if we're not feeling well, and I don't want my sister to feel like she has to take care of us if we're not up to par :)

Geez, I just scheduled my Mom for an appointment. Could they possibly make the website more confusing for seniors? It frustrated me....this is the barrier to getting people appointments! Especially people who are older, do not use the internet, who may have less education...

My husband tried to call several times in January for an appointment, they told him to call the Indian Health Department. He was never called back after leaving several voice mail messages. It is a good thing that the VA called him.

I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccination this morning at a 24/7 drive through mass vaccination site, at State Farm Stadium near Phoenix, AZ

I qualified because of my age

The initial registration process was difficult, frustrating, and time consuming
I did not succeed in securing an appointment so many times

The vaccine administration process at the site I went to was very organized and efficient
They give a vaccine every 10 seconds
It's pretty amazing

Even though my lifestyle will not change at this time, the feeling i have now is comfort

(There was a time last fall when I didn't think I'd make it to a vaccine because of my age/health)

The above is my experience

That's great--congratulations!

This isn't just about one state or the other.

Did everyone read the CDC statement that if you've completed your vaccines plus some time ( I'd say 2 weeks) to gain immunity, it's safe to go out without a mask?

To basically go wherever we want to go? It blows my mind that self- imposed safety exiles might be over.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. My mask has been EVERYTHING to me, but, I had many years' of wearing them in clinical practice with patients in isolation.

How does everyone feel about the mask drop? I think it's SAFE, because of what the vaccine was intended to do and does do for us, but it's still just weird. Good weird, but a bit scary. Plus, I now wheeze and cough ( thank you not, COVID, for the lung damage).
I don't want anyone to be afraid of being around me if I have an episode of coughing/ wheezing. They don't know what's in my immune system.

I get my 2nd vaccine on the 24th of this month. I'm not dreading it because of the " all clear" from the CDC whether I go the naked face route or not right now. :)

This isn't just about one state or the other.

Did everyone read the CDC statement that if you've completed your vaccines plus some time ( I'd say 2 weeks) to gain immunity, it's safe to go out without a mask?

To basically go wherever we want to go? It blows my mind that self- imposed safety exiles might be over.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. My mask has been EVERYTHING to me, but, I had many years' of wearing them in clinical practice with patients in isolation.

How does everyone feel about the mask drop? I think it's SAFE, because of what the vaccine was intended to do and does do for us, but it's still just weird. Good weird, but a bit scary. Plus, I now wheeze and cough ( thank you not, COVID, for the lung damage).
I don't want anyone to be afraid of being around me if I have an episode of coughing/ wheezing. They don't know what's in my immune system.

I get my 2nd vaccine on the 24th of this month. I'm not dreading it because of the " all clear" from the CDC whether I go the naked face route or not right now. :)

My understanding of CDC guidelines is that you can be with other FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE in a home for example and no need for masks, but if you go out in public you still need to mask up. I did not interpret the guidelines to state that you can go without a mask in public.

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People | CDC

Bit late replying to this one. Had the Moderna vaccine a month ago. Don't know anyone over 40 who hasn't had a jab, and most of those in essential jobs (At least in this area) under the age of 40 have had one by now. We're getting there!

Bit late replying to this one. Had the Moderna vaccine a month ago. Don't know anyone over 40 who hasn't had a jab, and most of those in essential jobs (At least in this area) under the age of 40 have had one by now. We're getting there!
Still waiting here. It’s frustrating.
Yet no masks! :eek:
Seniors still waiting for vaccines to show up, no upcoming mass vaccination sites on the news, looking on different websites for possible upcoming events. Nothing.
(I can understand why people go to different states.....)

My understanding of CDC guidelines is that you can be with other FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE in a home for example and no need for masks, but if you go out in public you still need to mask up. I did not interpret the guidelines to state that you can go without a mask in public.

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People | CDC
All I know is that the news is " advertising": CDC says finished with vaccine series? Wait two weeks then go ANYWHERE without a mask.

I'll look into the latest 3-4 releases. It's possible they had to modify their initial " Whoopee!" response. LOL.

EDIT- Was a huge splash page in my local newspaper. They had it all wrong.
This is a long- term recovery process like we all thought from the beginning.
DISREGARD, and I'm so sorry. I knew better, I really did.

Last edited:
Seniors still waiting for vaccines to show up, no upcoming mass vaccination sites on the news, looking on different websites for possible upcoming events. Nothing.

What state are you in?

Indiana has done very well with getting the vaccines out, surprisingly, because the state of Indiana seldom does anything well.

Vaccine sites are plentiful with locations at hospitals, the fairgrounds, Lucas Oil Stadium (our NFL stadium) Walgreens, Kroger, and other stores.

Our local Meijer store converted the lawn & garden department into a vaccine center with 30 technicians giving vaccines. Large numbers of people are getting vaccinated there.

Equally important is that no doses are wasted. All these sites are maintaining waiting lists for people who want to be vaccinated, and some sites are allowing walk-ins on a stand-by basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbw0021