Corruption? Contra Costa County

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a feeling that the families were paid to drop the suit and that a gag order was put in place. Otherwise I think there would have been a LOT more publicity!!

Yeah, wow... a probable child molester just goes free and not even much publicity. How horrible - how could LE and the DA be involved in this? There was no reason to to make any deal with him and they should never make a deal like that with a child molester.

Duanne Shoemake's wife, Linda Shoemake, should have been brought up on charges also. I still looking to find out what dates Shoemake was actually in jail, because if he didn't call in that tip, then why would he get a deal anyway? If they are claiming someone gave them a 'tip', then how can they also be claiming they gave anyone a deal for that tip.

Shoemake's sister-in-law claims she is the one who gave Shoemake the info. But, all these folks are/were related so this should have all smelled funny in the first place. What self-respecting public servant would claim to have info about a child's murder, but make a deal to give out that info anyway. No, I think this info was fabricated and that the LE and DA did Shoemake a big favor - dispicable. He should have come to trial.

I bet the lawsuit was dropped because the girls parents did not want their name to come out or for some other reason.

Isn't there a Lisa Norrell thread on here? I can't find one.

I have a question ... maybe Antioch locals can answer. Were all the Prostitute murders and Lisa Norrell found in the city limits? I'm curious because it appears almost all comments on those cases come from Pittsburg Police Lieutenant William Zbacnik who is now Pittsburg Captain William Zbacnik. Wasn't it the Sheriff's Dept who raided JM Enterprises?

There's definitely a history of cover-up. I think the walls are about to come tumbling down!

I hope you are right, but I am not getting the same sense at all.
I am afraid of cover up in high places. :(

I have a question ... maybe Antioch locals can answer. Were all the Prostitute murders and Lisa Norrell found in the city limits? I'm curious because it appears almost all comments on those cases come from Pittsburg Police Lieutenant William Zbacnik who is now Pittsburg Captain William Zbacnik. Wasn't it the Sheriff's Dept who raided JM Enterprises?

I found some boundary maps that may help us. There are pockets of unincorporated areas that are the Sheriff's Office jurisdiction. Bay Point (W. Pittsburg) and Walnut St. are two of those pockets. I believe the murders were in the city limits of Pittsburg, but I'm not positive.

I think the Sheriff's Office participated in the raid on JM because he was a Federal Parolee and weapons were involved. SO backs up local LE when it's needed.

https://www.ccmap.us/store/customerAuthenticateForm.asp requires registration http://www.ccmap.us/gis/

http://www.cccoe.k12.ca.us/edsvcs/PDFs/lpc/NeedsAssess/GIS Maps/Reference Maps.pdf

http://www.contracostalafco.org/doc...cities_and_county/00 - County with cities.pdf

Attachments

I hope you are right, but I am not getting the same sense at all.
I am afraid of cover up in high places. :(

I agree, but I think some of the residents here just think they are in high places and actually they're nothing more than big fish in a small pond. Many that were much more powerful than these idiots have been brought down. So far, this corruption seems to be localized and the intense interest is global.

LE effort to seal documents to cover their arses is very telling and I bet that won't be allowed to go on much longer. I think this area just might be used to differ attention from other corruption cases and used to show the public that it's isolated (yeah, right!).

Songline ... if you think it is warranted to look at something global, then could you perhaps start a specific thread on that. This thread is really specific to what is going on in Contra Costa County. If on another thread you can link the two, then by all means post back on this thread.
No point in a separate thread for every thing. It may get a total of 10 posts on that subject. Not enough data that we can gather. The video I had given earlier shows us how little we can gather, there is too much covered up.
This Thread is about Corruption in CCC. I am looking at the kind of corruption in CCC that is just like or similar to the case on the video I posted.
And we can agree to disagree.

I agree, but I think some of the residents here just think they are in high places and actually they're nothing more than big fish in a small pond. Many that were much more powerful than these idiots have been brought down. So far, this corruption seems to be localized and the intense interest is global.

LE effort to seal documents to cover their arses is very telling and I bet that won't be allowed to go on much longer. I think this area just might be used to differ attention from other corruption cases and used to show the public that it's isolated (yeah, right!).
Again I will say I do hope you are right, but I do not get that sense about it at all. I get there is much hidden.
I agree that during an investigation they have to hold much close to the vest so they can investigate. That is not how I see this case. I see much is hidden for different reasons.
JMO

Again I will say I do hope you are right, but I do not get that sense about it at all. I get there is much hidden.
I agree that during an investigation they have to hold much close to the vest so they can investigate. That is not how I see this case. I see much is hidden for different reasons.
JMO

I think that's what I just said.

Maybe where are opinions differ is in my belief that heads WILL roll in this case.

i hate to bring this up again.......but the case i worked on, the corruption was very very high up in LE in las vegas. we were supposed to get help from the feds to bring the corrupt officials down. instead they apperently bought the story the cops and prosecutors sold them. or they just didnt care.
i realize that this case is an extrodinary one, of high publicity (unlike mine) so there's a lot more hope the corruption will be rooted out.

i hate to bring this up again.......but the case i worked on, the corruption was very very high up in LE in las vegas. we were supposed to get help from the feds to bring the corrupt officials down. instead they apperently bought the story the cops and prosecutors sold them. or they just didnt care.
i realize that this case is an extrodinary one, of high publicity (unlike mine) so there's a lot more hope the corruption will be rooted out.
I am not as optimistic....When there are 2 kids missing and they have not been door to door sweeping the area.
I have to go on my gut....there is a huge cover up going on here.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-18471850.html

Article: Police Seek Warrant forGlenn Valenzuela -- Former City Official Sought on Child Sex Charges

Article from:
Yakima Herald-Republic
Article date:
December 31, 1999 CopyrightCopyright 1999 Yakima Herald-Republic. Provided by ProQuest LLC. (Hide copyright information)

Police in California are seeking a federal warrant for Glenn Valenzuela, a former Yakima city official wanted on child sex charges.

Valenzuela, on administrative leave from his post as the assistant city manager of Pittsburg, Calif., has been missing since Dec. 6, said police in that city.

"He could be anywhere," said Pittsburg Lt. William Zbacnik.

Police in Pittsburg, a city of 50,000 about 50 miles east of San Francisco, have sought Valenzuela since Dec. 7 when warrants were issued charging him with molesting a 15-year-old boy.

Valenzuela served as Yakima's director of community and economic ...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-80245411.html

Article: Sheriff's aide arrested, accused of molesting 3 children.(Knight Ridder Newspapers)

Article from:
Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service
Article date:
November 21, 2001
Author:
Ward, Celeste CopyrightCOPYRIGHT 2001 Knight-Ridder/Tribune News Service. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

PITTSBURG, Calif. _ Police say a Contra Costa Sheriff's Office student worker used his access to junior high and elementary schools to molest children.

Officers arrested Pittsburg resident Steven Smith, 23, Tuesday on suspicion of six felony counts of molesting three children who are 11 and 12, said Pittsburg police Lt. William Zbacnik.

Smith, whose paid position is similar to a police cadet's, was arrested at his apartment on East Leland Road about 5:30 p.m. after he had called in sick to work two days in a row.

He has been placed on administrative leave, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Jimmy Lee.

"The Sheriff's Office will conduct an ...

I hope this is only one of many warrants/arrests/convictions in the future!!

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-80245411.html

"The Sheriff's Office will conduct an ...

Without looking I read this as "The Sheriff's Office will conduct an internal investigation"!

This makes me think back to Shoemake and who all was involved in letting this guy off? How could they even stomach doing that? And, do we seriously think any old fart sexually molested two fairly young girls for years and never did it again?

Without looking I read this as "The Sheriff's Office will conduct an internal investigation"!

This makes me think back to Shoemake and who all was involved in letting this guy off? How could they even stomach doing that? And, do we seriously think any old fart sexually molested two fairly young girls for years and never did it again?

That is who I was thinking about in my post above yours. The first arrest they should make is Mrs. Schumake for not calling the two girls parents and the police, when they told her what happened. Obstruction of justice would be a good start!!

That is who I was thinking about in my post above yours. The first arrest they should make is Mrs. Schumake for not calling the two girls parents and the police, when they told her what happened. Obstruction of justice would be a good start!!

I know, I can't imagine she had no concern for those girls like that. One even tried to commit suicide. How could you live with yourself? She should have been charged also.

Pittsburg PD Corruption

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2009/07/21/06-17362.pdf

It's pdf court doc filed July 21, 2009, but I don't know how to copy portions of it. Very interesting!

Cool, got it to paste:
Huppert and Salgado point to four incidents where they
believe their protected speech led to retaliatory action by the
Appellees: (1) Huppert’s assistance to the Contra Costa
County District Attorney’s Office in 1997 and 1998 investigating
corruption at the PPD; (2) Huppert and Salgado’s
9330 HUPPERT v. CITY OF PITTSBURG
report and memoranda regarding their golf-course investigation;
(3) Huppert’s cooperation with the FBI in its investigation
of corruption within the PPD; and (4) Huppert’s
testimony before the Contra Costa County grand jury investigating
potential corruption within the PPD. We discuss each
in turn.

More...
[10] Huppert’s third claim is that he was the subject of
retaliatory action following his cooperation with the FBI,
which began sometime in 2001. From his declaration, it
appears he assisted in their investigation probing corruption at
the PPD, which he claims was “outside [his] duties as a member
of the PPD.” In his declaration, Huppert states that he
“met with Investigator Leary, Deputy District Attorney
Sepulveda, and Special Agent Joe Davidson of the FBI.” He
claims that this communication took place entirely “on [his]
personal time.” This claim differs from his first two retaliation
arguments because there is no evidence that he was following
the direct orders of his superiors at the time he participated in
the investigation. Yet, while Huppert again satisfies the first
prong of the Eng test, he fails at the second.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back