GUILTY COSTA RICA - Carla Stefaniak, 36, American tourist, San Antonio de Escazú, 27 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he/they hired a recent illegal immigrant from Nicaragua to be the security guard on their property? This was probably because they didn't have to pay him much, if anything. How did they even meet him? Nicarauguans are blamed for many of the crimes in CR, they're rootless and desperate men, cut off from their family and home, unable to get work anywhere.

A local Costa Rican owner would know a trusted relative or friend to stay on site.

CR employs many Nicarauguans, most of whom are dedicated, hard working people. Let's hope that the right man has been arrested and that this is not a case of simply blaming the immigrant.

CR employs many Nicarauguans, most of whom are dedicated, hard working people. Let's hope that the right man has been arrested and that this is not a case of simply blaming the immigrant.

When I was in CR, people even blamed the Nicaraguans for the hurricane. I found it interesting as prejudice exists everywhere on earth

People suck.
I was just on her IG, reading peoples kind words. Then this one woman comes out of nowhere and starts blaming her death on how she was dressed. Who does that in the middle of people giving their condolences?

People suck.
I was just on her IG, reading peoples kind words. Then this one woman comes out of nowhere and starts blaming her death on how she was dressed. Who does that in the middle of people giving their condolences?

Trolls. They are vile, loathsome, toxic creatures. Trolls suck.

Fortunately, there are some good and decent people in the world as evidenced by the
kind words you saw expressed by the vast majority of people on her IG.

I'm just pointing out it is likely an American-owned AirBnB that hired this homicidal security guard. Possibly Carla chose this Airbnb because it was owned by Americans, and that made her feel safe. If so, did the American owners deserve her trust?

It is probably not often that there is a beautiful woman staying alone there. It's like he just couldn't help himself! What a .
I agree with you. Most likely she went to the guardhouse and requested water. He saw she was beautiful and also alone. He would have to go somewhere for water right? Can't imagine he had bottled water laying around in the guardhouse. If he delivers it to her room, then he has the advantage to overpower her...or perhaps try to convince her to have consensual sex. She resisted and he became enraged, killed her. I heard on ABC News Tonight that she was stabbed. She was also hit over the head?

This is all my own opinion of a scenario. But I suspected this water-fetching guard all along as he was the only one to be around at the time this happened. Again, I'm speculating.

If family members don't have to make an identification, I agree, it is best that they don't. Especially if the body is severely traumatized.

So sad. I wonder if this guy has killed other women.

Blue Raspberry to anyone who blames a victim for what they wearing! It is 2018! Every year, I march in "Take Back the Night" for rape culture awareness. Why aren't women safe?!

I'm just pointing out it is likely an American-owned AirBnB that hired this homicidal security guard. Possibly Carla chose this Airbnb because it was owned by Americans, and that made her feel safe. If so, did the American owners deserve her trust?

I'm not sure if the B&B was owned by Americans, or people of any other nationality in the world, but Carla described the place as "pretty sketchy".

I agree with you. Most likely she went to the guardhouse and requested water. He saw she was beautiful and also alone. He would have to go somewhere for water right? Can't imagine he had bottled water laying around in the guardhouse. If he delivers it to her room, then he has the advantage to overpower her...or perhaps try to convince her to have consensual sex. She resisted and he became enraged, killed her. I heard on ABC News Tonight that she was stabbed. She was also hit over the head?

This is all my own opinion of a scenario. But I suspected this water-fetching guard all along as he was the only one to be around at the time this happened. Again, I'm speculating.

Would someone have heard an altercation? Perhaps we will find out.

He likely committed the murder at/after 9pm when her phone went out. He had about 9 hours time until the other guard would arrive at 6 am for his daytime shift.

There was no power. It was raining.

He stabbed her in the neck. Did she scream? Did someone hear something? Or was the rain muffling all sound?

The stab wounds on the arms were likely defensive wounds. There must have been a lot of blood from the neck wounds, unless they were superficial and he killed her by hitting her in the head with something. But there was blood in the room, we know that already.

He had 9 hours, probably a bit less, to clean and straighten up the room, and clean himself, wrap the body in plastic bags and carry it behind the property. Bury it. Pack her belongings, hide them. Where?

Maybe someone heard him moving around, getting plastic bags, cleaning supplies, dragging her body out.

How long was the power out? Did it suddenly come back and someone saw him?

Where is her luggage? Where is the knife and the other weapon he used to hit her with? Likely something from the room that he grabbed while they struggled. He probably came only with the knife.

Poor Carla. How frightened she must have been.

I have so many questions ...

All MOO

So there is no proof it is her from her family.
So there is only the say of the investigators that this guy they have arrested is the killer.
No DNA results.
No blood samples back yet.
No fingerprints proved.
The family doesn't even know if it is really her, yet CR announced it to media....grrr....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back