GUILTY COSTA RICA - Carla Stefaniak, 36, American tourist, San Antonio de Escazú, 27 Nov 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Finding Carla

UPDATE!!!
12/4/18 00:15

Greg here,
Carlos and I had absolutely the worst day today, an absolutely emotional roller coaster that we would never wish upon or worst enemies.

Other brother Mario was able to get the FBI to move full force today with new evidence and leads gathered last night.

Around noon We were informed that “something happened” from authorities, while the media went crazy. I cancelled my flight to stay here from the development.

We were aware of more details of things then we are allowed to share.

We were informed that the authorities were going to let us now ASAP of what exactly happened, however 12hrs later they are still investigating and we are waiting for that phone call of any sort of real confirmation. The wait is the most painful experience of anxiety.

Carla’s dad has joined us today, and we have meetings very early in the morning. Praying that we get some news to share, as all of you are eager to know as well as the nation.

Thank you to the media for being patient with us today as we had to go quiet to keep our heads sane, and of course thank you for everyone real support all across the board.

Goodnight everyone! Seems like this is the first night Carlos and I will actually get 5hrs of sleep!
I live in Canada. Off the top of my head, here are a few murders in the last year:

--A tourist from Belgium arranged a ride to Vancouver and was murdered by the driver.
-A tourist from Germany was shot in the head by a drive by shooter near Banff, the man is severely disabled.
-An older couple in Vancouver were killed in their nice Vancouver home by a random attacker.
-In two separate instances, young men have roamed busy streets in downtown Toronto, killing people by running them over or shooting them.

Better not come to Canada, it's very dangerous.

I live in Calgary and a I can think of several in the last year as well, gun violence against tourists only. Look at Chicago, per capita it’s one of the most dangerous cities in the world but you’d not hesitate to walk about and get a slice. The fact of the matter is that everywhere has violence. CR is one of the most popular eco-tourism spots in the world and most people return unscathed, but evil lurks everywhere and we should all be vigilant even in our hometowns.

Funny. When we were in Costa Rica, we were told several comments by citizens that seemed like they were prejudiced against Nicaraguans.

At the time we were there, maybe 10 years ago, you had to have $400,000 in the bank in order to live in CR if you were American.
May I ask why? Is housing, food, etc that expensive there?? Or was it in case of being kidnapped? My brother and his wife were there a year ago. They loved it there.

On the Finding Carla Facebook page it was posted 25 minutes ago that officials at the morgue sent the family away, saying they need more time. o_O

Sorry can't copy/paste nor link for some reason.

So the cops said there was bio fluid in the room
But the owner atty said the room was already cleaned and rented out. That they only found a soft drink and toothpaste tube after Carla was gone
So now we know her luggage wasn’t in the room

RBBM

I'm not sure I believe the owner's attorney's comment. The whole thing seems very suspicious.

So MSM is saying officials confirm.
Newer posts are saying that morgue needs more time and they sent the family away?

Weird.

Yes weird. And on the fb page just now posted that Costa Rica is "stalling" - as if they hadn't heard tbe official confirmation yet? :confused:

So MSM is saying officials confirm.
Newer posts are saying that morgue needs more time and they sent the family away?

Weird.

Yes weird. And on the fb page just now posted that Costa Rica is "stalling" - as if they haven't heard the official confirmation yet? :confused:

Body found in Costa Rica Identified as missing South Florida woman Carla Stefaniak

Walter Espinoza, head of the country's Judicial Investigation Department, said the body found Monday near the Airbnb where Carla Stefaniak had been staying has been identified as her. The cause of death is head trauma, Espinoza said.

Espinoza said 32-year-old Bismarck Espinosa Martinez, a security guard for the property, has been arrested in the killing. Martinez, who was in the room next to where Stefaniak was staying, gave contradictory statements to police when he was questioned, Espinoza said.

Walter Espinoza, head of the country's Judicial Investigation Department, said the body found Monday near the Airbnb where Carla Stefaniak had been staying has been identified as her. The cause of death is head trauma, Espinoza said.

Espinoza said 32-year-old Bismarck Espinosa Martinez, a security guard for the property, has been arrested in the killing. Martinez, who was in the room next to where Stefaniak was staying, gave contradictory statements to police when he was questioned, Espinoza said.

Head trauma....guard was the adjacent room !

Body found in Costa Rica Identified as missing South Florida woman Carla Stefaniak

Head trauma....guard was the adjacent room !

This isn't surprising. From everything we've read online, Carla was alone in her room because of the rain, and then came the power outage. And I got the impression the guard was the last person to see her.

JMVHO.

Relinking the Heavy article for Everyone's perusal.

Carla Stefaniak Found Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

RIP, Carla.

132105-f8369c40afb5e427cc45c5f7fe977603.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 1
At least the killer is in custody. Kudos to her family, going there really got the ball rolling. And kudos to Costa Rica, I am impressed that the killer is in custody. Costa Rica must want to be seen as "tourist friendly". That is pretty amazing work.

glad the focus is back on Carla.

So very very sad... hoping the family can find whatever peace they can whenever they are ready and can honor Carla in a way that helps them go on. But until then, may the push for justice prevail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf
Back