GUILTY COSTA RICA - Carla Stefaniak, 36, American tourist, San Antonio de Escazú, 27 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family Of Missing South Florida Woman Who Disappeared In Costa Rica Seeks Answers

Snip

Relatives have spoken to the owners of an Airbnb, an Uber driver, and security guards. They all told relatives Stefaniak left early Wednesday morning around 5 a.m. and got inside an unknown car.

I’ve never stayed in an Airbnb so I’m not familiar with the rules and such. How does the owner of the Airbnb know what time she left? Do you have to contact the owner of the property on your way out? If not then it seems even stranger to me that 3 men ....owner, driver and security.... all happened to be watching the same woman at 5:00 in the morning. 5:00 in the evening...I could better understand. 5:00 in the morning...before sunrise...and now that woman has gone missing?! Just doesn’t feel right to me.

Another FB update. Troubling. Local authorities and embassy not pursuing the matter because they feel Carla was rational and entered the car of her own free will.

Finding Carla

Wow. That's a funny attitude! Morgan Harrington very likely entered Jesse Matthew's taxi of her own free will before he drove her to a secluded field and murdered her, but that does not mean that authorities are off the hook.

I’ve never stayed in an Airbnb so I’m not familiar with the rules and such. How does the owner of the Airbnb know what time she left? Do you have to contact the owner of the property on your way out? If not then it seems even stranger to me that 3 men ....owner, driver and security.... all happened to be watching the same woman at 5:00 in the morning. 5:00 in the evening...I could better understand. 5:00 in the morning...before sunrise...and now that woman has gone missing?! Just doesn’t feel right to me.

The only way it makes sense is if there is security footage. Otherwise, like you stated, something stinks.

Another FB update. Troubling. Local authorities and embassy not pursuing the matter because they feel Carla was rational and entered the car of her own free will.

Finding Carla

Are you kidding me?

So what if she entered thinking it was a taxi, and was then kidnapped and killed? They don't care because she entered the car voluntarily?

This is absurd. I can't imagine how her family is feeling right now.

Are you kidding me?

So what if she entered thinking it was a taxi, and was then kidnapped and killed? They don't care because she entered the car voluntarily?

This is absurd. I can't imagine how her family is feeling right now.

I know. It has to be so frustrating!

This is very troubling. Some questions and thoughts. Moo

1) was the friend in NY the last of her U. S. friends and family to hear from her? In that FaceTime session she said she was going to ask the guards to get her some water. That could be her last activity and the 5am story has been made up.

2) wouldn't it be quite expensive to hire an Uber driver for several hours? That charge should be on her credit card statement since I don't think they take cash Was the fee in an amount that would make sense for that long? Were there additional credit charges after that Uber charge?

It doesn't feel like she left on purpose. It feels like she encountered evil and is both a friendly and vulnerable person in that situation (alone in foreign country, sketchy place - her words - power outage.)

All moo. Hoping for the best

“”She checked in for the flight but she never got on it," said AB.”

I wonder if this airline company allowed mobile/online check in up to 24 hours before, etc., for Costa Rica
I would imagine if she ever got to the airport, she’d be on camera or the airline would eventually confirm it. I’m sure everything is in beginning stages and not everything is public, but I found the fact that she checked in to be interesting. Maybe that’s why her phone turned back on at midnight or what not.

Most do so - has anyone found which airline she was traveling with?

Florida woman celebrating birthday in Costa Rica vanishes

D8DC346A-4A43-470D-A864-375187CE3548.jpeg

[...]

After Stefaniak returned to the Airbnb where she was staying that night, she posted a message on Whatsapp saying there were heavy rains. The Airbnb listing appears to have since been removed.

“Power went off,” she posted at the time, according to the timeline. “Super sketchy.”

During a FaceTime call with a friend, Stefaniak mentioned that she might ask a security guard at the Airbnb to buy her water because of the storm, the timeline says.

She was on WhatsApp at 8:20 p.m., then her phone died at 9 p.m., and she has not posted online since.

[...]

(*video at link)

View attachment 158106

[...]

After Stefaniak returned to the Airbnb where she was staying that night, she posted a message on Whatsapp saying there were heavy rains. The Airbnb listing appears to have since been removed.

“Power went off,” she posted at the time, according to the timeline. “Super sketchy.”

During a FaceTime call with a friend, Stefaniak mentioned that she might ask a security guard at the Airbnb to buy her water because of the storm, the timeline says.

She was on WhatsApp at 8:20 p.m., then her phone died at 9 p.m., and she has not posted online since.

[...]

(*video at link)
From the moment she said she was going to ask the security guard to buy her water my hinky meter went haywire. I don't believe for one minute she left at 5am. It sounds like 2 or 3 men are in cahoots. Now since she "left of her own free will" they aren't looking into it any farther? How convenient for them. Where's the footage she left at 5am....or is it just word of mouth?? This is very very concerning....

Carla Margarita is her name on fb.
I have been trying to share the link, for some reason I can't.

View attachment 158106

[...]

[...]

(*video at link)
I’m not sure what to think. Her phone could certainly have died if the power went out. How long was it out? If it came back on she could get cell recharged and that’s why the phone came back on for a minute I thought I read earlier that the power was off and on.
I don’t suppose there’s any indication that she was planning to disappear? What prompted the change to kidnapping? Yet the local government is saying she went voluntarily. Too much crazy contra positions. I’m speculating away here.

I’m not sure what to think. Her phone could certainly have died if the power went out. How long was it out? If it came back on she could get cell recharged and that’s why the phone came back on for a minute I thought I read earlier that the power was off and on.
I don’t suppose there’s any indication that she was planning to disappear? What prompted the change to kidnapping? Yet the local government is saying she went voluntarily. Too much crazy contra positions. I’m speculating away here.

She voluntarily got into a vehicle at 5AM according to the Airbnb people. The problem is that she did not arrive at her destination. It boggles the mind that anyone views this as normal.

Who arranged for the vehicle? It wasn't Carla, because her phone was not used.

"Carla Stefaniak has been missing in Costa Rica since November 27th.
The local officials and US Embassy in Costa Rica will not pursue the matter.
The family has flown to Costa Rica looking for answers and has initiated a sustained social media campaign to find her. Details below. They are now contacting press locally in Miami as well as nationally and internationally to garner support of their efforts.
We implore the US State Department to deploy its resources and those of the FBI to access phone records, bank records and utilize all available assets to find our loved one."

Her sister in law who flew home first posted this an hour ago. Not sure if I'm allowed to post link to fb, so I didn't.

I think the family are quite legitimately out of their minds with worry and frustratation that they haven't found her, and they're communicating from that place.

I'm not sure what the family mean by "pursue the matter" but I can't believe police and the US Embassy would refuse to investigate a missing tourist. There must be something specific the family wants that isn't happening.

I will just say my theory: it's hard to obtain detailed cellphone data, there are lots of privacy rules that prevent anyone from getting hold of my cellphone records. I kind of have to be presumed dead. It seems the basic data about use of her phone has been provided, ie it powering up at midnight.

But the carrier companies will only release the detailed data, ie access to all your apps, (like Tinder, etc) after enough time has passed without the owner signing on, police forms are filled out, etc. This has come up numerous times in missing persons investigations.

The companies will, potentially, provide the complete data, usually to LE, on the basis that the missing person is endangered. Hence, this is, I think, why the family has claimed she's been kidnapped. And I think they feel the Embassy/FBI/Costa Rican police should agree that's her status and convince Apple, or whomever, that's the case. At this point, the carrier is still refusing to release the data.

It's a frustrating process that happens very often, I've noticed. But there are other types of clues, investigation that can be followed that are usually more effective at solving the crime, anyway.

Last edited:
In terms of the Airbnb owner, payment is all done automatically online, no check out is needed. For the security guard, there was likely a gate that person would open and close as people came in and out. It seems likely there would be a security cameras at the gate, possibly the owner provided access to that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER
Back