GUILTY COSTA RICA - Carla Stefaniak, 36, American tourist, San Antonio de Escazú, 27 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The guards at the AirBNB told Stefaniak's family she checked out of her villa at 5:10 a.m., but her family said something doesn't add up.

rsbm

I agree that this sounds like a made up story.

I wonder on what floor her room/apartment was and whether she'd left the windows open when she went to sleep. And how good the door lock is.

Has the building been searched by police?

Oh dear, this is so concerning.
It is hard enough when an American goes missing in our own country. When they are alone in a foreign country and disappear it compounds and complicates the challenge of searching for and finding them even more. This is a tough one, and I fear for her safety.

1. When did the power come back on?? — this is a critical detail that needs to be answered.
2. Did she travel with a portable charter?
3. Is her luggage missing too?
4. Why did she describe her Airbnb as “sketchy”? The people? The appearance? The area?
5. Why did she take a picture of the room? Why hasn’t the photo been released?

I’ve traveled all over the world alone Northern Africa, Costa Rica and all over Europe. I’ve only felt fearful twice and that was in Mexico and Costa Rica. I’m so confused how this can go from being an MP case and then today it’s a kidnap. It seemed like ALL of these people who saw her get in a random car at 5:10 made it seem like she did so of her own free will. I’m just so curious what developments have happened in the last 2 days to use the super scary “k” word. Hopefully they got a ransom request which is not unheard of there. That would mean she’s probably alive. She’s shines so bright in her videos and pics, im hoping on hope this is one of those shocking miracle cases we sometimes see.

Wondering what Carla meant with this post on her instagram? Facetious or not? Anybody know why Carla extended her stay for one day rather than return with her sister-in-law? Perhaps she met somebody of interest to her?

carla_margarita Future resident of Costa Rica
#Puravida #centroamerica

Carla Margarita on Instagram: “Future resident of Costa Rica #Puravida #centroamerica”

On the other hand....

The OIJ spokesperson is confirming Carla left with her belongings early Wed. morning. Is this confirmation based on video or just the owner’s and Uber driver’s words? It is “presumed” she left for the airport. Perhaps she trusted somebody who she thought was going to give her a final tour before taking her to the airport?

The Mysteries About The Case of Carla Stefaniak, The Tourist Gone Missing In Costa Rica

Snip

The family told CBS News in Miami that they have spoken to the owners of the AirBnB in Escazú, where she was spending her last night in San Jose to catch her flight the following day, and the Uber driver she traveled with. They believe Carla got into an unknown car and left the area where she was staying early Wednesday morning.

Marisel Rodríguez, OIJ spokeswoman, confirmed that Carla left the Airbnb on Wednesday morning. She left with all her luggage, presumably bound for the airport. That was her last known movement.

“From what is known is that she left the house at approximately 5:00 am (on Wednesday). She took all her belongings and nothing more has been heard of her. The relatives were waiting for her in the US. The investigators initiated the investigation and have carried out several diligences. No specific details are known,” Rodríguez said.

Maybe she called another uber or vehicle to come pick her up at 5:00?

Whatever happened when she got into that car is def. Not good.

Jmo

The villa she was staying in is in a gated community with security guards. Hopefully the villa community has security cameras. If so, they should be able to track this car unless the gates were open and the security guards were nowhere to be found. Or perhaps the security guards are somehow involved? JMO

The OIJ spokesperson:

From what is known is that she left the house at approximately 5:00 am (on Wednesday). She took all her belongings and nothing more has been heard of her. The relatives were waiting for her in the US. The investigators initiated the investigation and have carried out several diligences. No specific details are known,” Rodríguez said.

I think police in Costa Rica are similar to the US, they say little about their investigation while it's in process. I don't think this statement confirms that she left at 5 am, it just confirms that is the statement from the security guards.
They will search everyone's home, looking for her stuff. I don't think they have as strict rules about search warrants.

It seems the kidnapping scenario has been created by the family. I've seen in other cases, people who's loved ones are missing hope someone is holding them prisoner.

Maybe she called another uber or vehicle to come pick her up at 5:00?

Whatever happened when she got into that car is def. Not good.

Jmo

When I read this, it reminded me of a time I used Uber in Savannah a couple of years ago. After getting a ride, the driver gave us his business card with cell number so we could call him directly if we needed him again. It must be fairly common that drivers try to bypass the corporate system to give rides. If that's what happened here, all Uber drivers that she met during the trip should be checked. It's also not unheard of that a car claims to be Uber when it is not.

However, her family is saying there was no activity on her phone. I'm not sure how certain they can be about that.

Does that means that she either used a phone in the residence, someone at the residence arranged for the car - possibly in front of the residence, or she spoke to a driver and jumped into the car?

Does that means that she either used a phone in the residence, someone at the residence arranged for the car - possibly in front of the residence, or she spoke to a driver and jumped into the car?
Yes, that's an idea, if she couldn't recharge her phone, she might have borrowed a phone or asked a guard to call for her.

I don't think anyone would be driving past, the Airbnb is practically at the end of the mountain road. The photo is from google's profile for Villa la Mas.

20181202_110646.jpg 20181202_110823.jpg

“”She checked in for the flight but she never got on it," said AB.”

I wonder if this airline company allowed mobile/online check in up to 24 hours before, etc., for Costa Rica
I would imagine if she ever got to the airport, she’d be on camera or the airline would eventually confirm it. I’m sure everything is in beginning stages and not everything is public, but I found the fact that she checked in to be interesting. Maybe that’s why her phone turned back on at midnight or what not.

She probably checked in online the day before the flight.

At this time it is suggested that she vanished from the Airbnb. The driver that picked her up at the residence should come forward, be excluded, and then the last known location could be updated to the airport. If that last driver does not come forward, then this driver is the person responsible for her disappearance.

If the driver was at the residence, then my guess is that the security staff know more about it than then are admitting.

Another FB update. Troubling. Local authorities and embassy not pursuing the matter because they feel Carla was rational and entered the car of her own free will.

Finding Carla

Attachments

• DA406E71-F01A-4953-822C-C447671C33DD.jpeg
    DA406E71-F01A-4953-822C-C447671C33DD.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 882B84C2-31B4-4253-AF44-F3A4468D6685.jpeg
    882B84C2-31B4-4253-AF44-F3A4468D6685.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 98

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online