Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference here is the article you are referring to which followed the other leak @ the hair brush:

Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account
Monday, December 1, 2008 – updated: 5:29 pm EST December 1, 2008

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18181289/detail.html

Thanks JBean I was just going to post what you did! :blowkiss:

Thanks, I would have looked for the links but can't keep my connection today......not bad weather either.

Wow! You guys have been busy! I am just now being able to catch up from having company over the Holidays!

First of all, even when Detectives were at Universal with Casey, they make it abundantly clear to her that she is NOT being detained, the door is not locked and so on. That statement/conversation on tape can be used against Casey. You do not have to give the Miranda warning to anyone during the investigative phase if you are merely doing interviews to determine what has taken place.

If you will notice, Detectives are covering the bases in interviews by mentioning at the beginning that whomever they are interviewing is there willingly and of their own accord. This is on tape.

It is the same with Lee's interviews. At the very beginning, even Lee states and acknowledges that he is there of his own accord and speaking freely. This can be used. If Lee lies during the interview, it will become a problem for him later on in the investigation.

I do not see Cindy and George setting themselves up to take the 5th at trial because if their testimony would tend to incriminate them, then they are implying to the jury that they know more than they are willing to admit and knew that their actions were wrong. Their lawyer is asking for immunity for them, IIRC, because some of their statements and actions are chargable. I am not a lawyer, but I do know from LE point of view that if the Anthony's are trying to derail the investigation, lying about important events, destroying evidence (whether intentional or not), they are setting themselves up for Obstruction charges. LE or the FBI can decide whether or not to charge them. And we all know that you just do not lie to the FBI or try to derail their investigation.

LE and the FBI know what they are doing, IMO, and I believe in them. I think they know how to interview so as to get the interviews into trial. This post is in regard to the speculation that so many of the interviews not being allowed in at trail. I think the interviews will be admissable because the bases were covered at the beginning of the interviews.

Just JMO, as always!

No one gave Casey a head's up. Tony describes her as sitting on the couch watching them play video games and working on her computer. If Anyone had clued her in that Cindy was on her way, you can bet Casey would have been gone from Tony's apartment.

That's why I don't think Amy tipped Casey off. Amy would have said that she was bringing Cindy to the apartment. However with as angry as Cindy was about having to pay that towing bill, there's no way she didn't attempt to contact Casey, perhaps even telling her that she would contact the police if that's what it took to get Casey to respond. Casey knew trouble was coming, she just didn't know that Cindy would be able to find her at Tony's.

Wow! You guys have been busy! I am just now being able to catch up from having company over the Holidays!

First of all, even when Detectives were at Universal with Casey, they make it abundantly clear to her that she is NOT being detained, the door is not locked and so on. That statement/conversation on tape can be used against Casey. You do not have to give the Miranda warning to anyone during the investigative phase if you are merely doing interviews to determine what has taken place.

If you will notice, Detectives are covering the bases in interviews by mentioning at the beginning that whomever they are interviewing is there willingly and of their own accord. This is on tape.

It is the same with Lee's interviews. At the very beginning, even Lee states and acknowledges that he is there of his own accord and speaking freely. This can be used. If Lee lies during the interview, it will become a problem for him later on in the investigation.

I do not see Cindy and George setting themselves up to take the 5th at trial because if their testimony would tend to incriminate them, then they are implying to the jury that they know more than they are willing to admit and knew that their actions were wrong. Their lawyer is asking for immunity for them, IIRC, because some of their statements and actions are chargable. I am not a lawyer, but I do know from LE point of view that if the Anthony's are trying to derail the investigation, lying about important events, destroying evidence (whether intentional or not), they are setting themselves up for Obstruction charges. LE or the FBI can decide whether or not to charge them. And we all know that you just do not lie to the FBI or try to derail their investigation.

LE and the FBI know what they are doing, IMO, and I believe in them. I think they know how to interview so as to get the interviews into trial. This post is in regard to the speculation that so many of the interviews not being allowed in at trail. I think the interviews will be asmissable because the bases were covered at the beginning of the interviews.

Just JMO, as always!

Thank you....very much! I wish the trial was like tomorrow, getting antsy about all of the what ifs.
I can only imagine how Lee, G&C are feeling.

Thank you....very much! I wish the trial was like tomorrow, getting antsy about all of the what ifs.
I can only imagine how Lee, G&C are feeling.

I am very anxious for trial also, whiteangora!

Thanks to the document dumps, we are able to see what each person has stated during 'some' interviews. It will be difficult for them to change their statements made during interviews very much and still contend that they are telling the truth! I really think that all of the Anthony's have misrepresented the truth. In my language, they lied. Mistruths and halftruths are still lies.

IMO, there is so much we still do not know and we may all be surprised!

iirc LE had their little eyes on that family for a bit---wasn't there a visit with kc & la that la had to e-mail the dectives about---(more or less verify what was said vs. what they KNEW was said (by actually being there for the visit)

I think that Lee backed himself into a corner with LE while conducting his own 'investigation'! I also believe that there was no real 'Heather' email - I think Lee may have concocted that email himself. I believe that while Casey is the only one responsible for Caylee's death, Lee has done much to coverup for Casey. (and so has Cindy and George, IMO)

I want everyone involved in even attempting to coverup for Casey to be charged.

Thanks, I would have looked for the links but can't keep my connection today......not bad weather either.

Not a problem at all! :blowkiss: I just happened to be looking for something myself & remembered ur post. I was going back to review LA's interviews, jail visits, etc. to see if I find anything that might give another clue to his possible OJ charges. Good time to review before anymore docs come out. I sense that something is @ to be released after the holidays. JMHO

I still have not heard one CONCRETE thing that ties LA to OJ charges.

I think that when the body was found it was found with some important evidence that changed how LE looked at all the A's.

I think we will find out something(s) about LA's involvement in this sooner than later and I think it will be something we don't know yet. JMO

I think that Lee backed himself into a corner with LE while conducting his own 'investigation'! I also believe that there was no real 'Heather' email - I think Lee may have concocted that email himself. I believe that while Casey is the only one responsible for Caylee's death, Lee has done much to coverup for Casey. (and so has Cindy and George, IMO)

I want everyone involved in even attempting to coverup for Casey to be charged.

everyone did their own investigations...think ga would have done more but ca kept at him telling him he was playing le or something like that....I think they all have done lots to coverup for kc...I still question who actually cleaned the car...I still think that perhaps that is where the choloform also came in handy---

I still have not heard one CONCRETE thing that ties LA to OJ charges.

I think that when the body was found it was found with some important evidence that changed how LE looked at all the A's.

I think we will find out something(s) about LA's involvement in this sooner than later and I think it will be something we don't know yet. JMO

I think it was a wee bit before the actual finding of the body...think they have always kept an eye on them...I still remember that they wanted an e-mail account of what he asked of kc during that interview...I also think that perhaps they discovered something during the search--i.e., letters---I think they all know more than they are willing to share & should have told---just more than being overly protective of kc....
I always thought it odd when he initally started his "investigation" approach with kc and pretended to be LE and asked "now what is your story"--I realize that "story" is just a word but to me it seems like okay---come up with something really really good.....not the usual bs--- :rolleyes::waitasec:

everyone did their own investigations...think ga would have done more but ca kept at him telling him he was playing le or something like that....I think they all have done lots to coverup for kc...I still question who actually cleaned the car...I still think that perhaps that is where the choloform also came in handy---

Zoey, the chloroform really would come in handy in attempting to clean up the car. If you look it up as for use in cleaning purposes, it DOES breakup protein.

If there had been a large amount of chloroform in the trunk when it was opened in the tow yard, then how would there have been flies in the trunk as is in (IIRC) Simon Burch' interview with LE? So I also think that it was used in the cleanup of the car.

Having watched both videos and having read the article, I have to say that I would agree with other posters. Something is coming down. (MOO)

Listen to both videos and see if you do not think that the attorney, TL, is spinning in advance of two different types of potential charges against LA.

1. Obstruction of Justice or Aiding and Abetting.

2. Misappropriation of donated funds from the public.

EXACTLY:behindbar

I always thought it wrong that Lee went and took Casey's things from Tony's place the night of the 911 calls. That to me was evidence and it that seems to me to be a job the police should have done. I am not saying he knew that at the time, but it still seemed like he was butting in to the investigation. Why was he in such a hurry to go get that stuff? Was he afraid something might be there? It makes me wonder if he played around with her computer and/or her phone to see what info he could get there as well. We know he was contacting people that could be potential witnesses. Doing his own little investigation may have in-advertently lead to potential obstruction charges.

Maybe Casey told Lee to go get her computer and to "take care" of her emails etc. Casey and Lee were alone together before LE came. She had time to say plenty to Lee.

Maybe Casey told Lee to go get her computer and to "take care" of her emails etc. Casey and Lee were alone together before LE came. She had time to say plenty to Lee.

Yes - and I suspect he was the one that changed her myspace and facebook pages. Cindy was pretty new to all of that and I doubted she knew how to. So my guess is he may have changed some stuff - even if it was innocently done. But Lee got her passwords and clearly did alot of digging on his own.

I am not saying he did anything illegal like intentionally destroying evidence - I don't have proof of that. But just messing around in the investigation could cause him problems.

Zoey, the chloroform really would come in handy in attempting to clean up the car. If you look it up as for use in cleaning purposes, it DOES breakup protein.

If there had been a large amount of chloroform in the trunk when it was opened in the tow yard, then how would there have been flies in the trunk as is in (IIRC) Simon Burch' interview with LE? So I also think that it was used in the cleanup of the car.

While I agree that chloroform is an excellent cleaning agent, it does not explain the searches for it or the searches for the recipes for it months before Caylee's demise.

Yep, you are right. Amy (and the guys) had just gotten in from PR when they went to the mall. Casey had to know that the check fraud would be discovered shortly after they got home, I do wonder what lie she had planned for when that discovery was made.

It would have been "Amy, don't you know you were sleepwalking the whole time you were in PR? You flew back to FL and spent your money and then went back to PR"

http://.com/funimages/Athonys_small.jpg hope I did this right
look at CA death grip on LA leg!

Anthonys_small.jpg I think I did it! hopefully this goes through now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E